Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu SudanYour feedback matters!
treatment and medicine for enlarged prostrate causing complete urine blockage or partial urine flow blockage
My friend having muscle pain, feeling tried ness, shortness of breathe. And having multinodular thyroid. Is it symptom of throat cancer.
Hi, one of my friend mom is suffering from breast cancer ,she sudden got pain on chest and after diagnosis she able to know that she is suffering from breast cancer and it was a last stage, she not able to understand what to do, I would like to know whether last stage of breast cancer can be cure or not. If it can be cure so please tell me where she should go for checkup and how much money will be spend in this treatment. Actually she is not so strong financially so please guide me how can I help her, to save her mom ,and where she should take her mom for treatment ,and where financially can be help.
Hi My wife have ovarian cancer grade 3 c and spread in abdomen >operated well still chemo is pending ? please advice to have alternate medicine along with chemo
Good evening mam I am suffering from tongue carcinoma since march 16. I got treatment at RGCI&RC ROHINI DELHI. Treatment includes 6cycle of chemotherapy weekly n 35 radiations on linear accelerator VMAT. Now I have pain n inflammation in mouth due to rubbing of teeth with tongue. What to do?
Sir, I am, 63 yrs, male taking oral medication for an enlarged prostate for the last three years. How can I ascertain whether there is any malignancy or not ?
My father is 70 and facing problem with multiple myeloma, diagnose is going on still he is not getting relif from the pain. Is their any thing else apart from chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I would like to know can he get rid of the disease or not. 3 times chemotheropy has been done every time a new issue is coming with him itches, dehydration and lots of things he has to face with the severe pain. I would be very thankful if I get any help.
What is mean by cancer? Explain about different types of cancers? Give reasons for this type of illness?
My 83 year old father has been diagnosed with prostrate problem and recommended surgery, would like to seek for second opinion.
I have some fode in y back these are sign of cancer? Which test for the cancer is required to know about this.
I am using susten gel 8.0. Today I am in 29 th day. Feel pain in breast when I touch it. So it could be a sign of?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers