Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from boils in my anus for the past one year. It will heal itself or on medication after one week or so but keeps coming back after two months or so, a few centimeters away from the first one. It is very painful. The local doctor prescribed an antibiotics for it fixime *0. I have discontinued after taking six tablets. What should I do?
Age 52 years ,on face some blackish spots have developed. Its age related can they be removed by laser or other method.
I am 69 years of age, and suffer from osteo-arthritis of the knee and enlarged prostate. Please advise line of treatment. I had a spinal implant 2 years ago, am undergoing treatment for mild hypertension, but all other physical and bio-chemical parameters are normal.
I am 65 years male from Kolkata suffering from DM type 2 from past 35 years, HTN, psychiatric problem from last 30 years, diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma oral in 2011 undergone surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, at present carcinoma is in remission no abnormal uptake detected, having enlarged prostate from 2014 as per USG lower abdomen done it transpired as under: -urinary bladder normal in shape- walls are smooth and regular, lumen clear, pre void vol of urine- 330.2 ml post void vol of urine 295 approx of residual urine ,prostate gland measured 3.3×3.8×3.6 cm approx prostate wt 23.2 gms: -impression mildly enlarged prostate gland significant residual urine post void bladder (nearly same as pre void state) -PSA 1.3 ng/ml. On 17th instant repeated USG- whole abdomen: -all parameters normal, kidney right- 10. 9 cm left kidney 10.3.6 cm normal a cyst measure about 36 mm seen in left kidney (cyst was present before 2014 but those reports not found now unable to say the measurement of cyst) findings normal, post void residual urine vol 112 cc approx, prostate measures 35.8×30.9×32. 5 mm in size wt 20. 5mgm contour &ecotexer homogenous: -impression cortical seen in left kidney (present from long time, prostate gland size on higher side of the normal, post void residual urine 112 cc approx- PSA 6.16 ng/ml. Kindly give your opinion.
Because of dandruff I am facing lot of problems. Which are creating pimples and leaving black marks on my face. please suggest me something to get rid of it.
I am suffering from black heads on face and darkness on besides of noise. Could please suggest me how to overcome this. I contacted few doctors but I didn't get any improvement from them.
I am very fair but my vagina is extremely dark. I don’t understand why it is so. I always keep it clean and dry it was not dark before but when I used hair remover product my vagina and around it the skin also has become black so is there any medicine to make it white and there is another way to remove hair.
Sir mere face pr pimple ho rhe the but ab pimple to thik ho gye but face pr nisan pd gye he or chehra kala bhi pdta ja rha he jiski vjah se face ka glow bhi khtm ho gya so please mujhe koi night cream btaye jisse mera face light& bright dikhe my skin is oily.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body, which measures about 2 square metres, that is approximately 22 square feet. Skin is not just the longest organ alone in our body, but also has numerous amazing roles which most of us don’t realise actually. It not only protects our body from chemical, harmful radiations and sun. It also acts as a major storage area of energy, synthesizes vitamin D and the best indicator of any disorder in your digestive and immune system. But most of us don’t identify the warning signs that our skin shows from the initial stage unless it becomes more severe and start to show drastic skin changes or allergies.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine, which not only identifies the problem of skin from the root level but also understands the nature of skin of each individual and treats the skin allergies without causing any harmful side effects. As allergies are not common for everybody it is very much necessary to identify the skin nature of every individual and the type of allergen by which the person is affected. Thus, homeopathy way of treating is best for skin allergies. Here are few best remedies for skin allergies used in homeopathy
- Apis Mellifica: It is the best remedy for hives and utricarial rash. It can be used for any type of allergies with severe burning, itching sensation and rashes
- Natrum mur: Natrum mur is the commonly used homeopathy medicine for nasal and skin allergies
- Sulphur: It is the top most natural homeopathic medicine for treating the skin allergies. It shows wonder in relieving the excessive itching and burning sensations.
- Rhus toxicodendron: It is used for treating person with eczema in which the person develops numerous vesicular rashes along with itching, swelling and tingling sensation over the affected area of skin.
- Arsenicum: It is used for treating psoriasis, chronic uriticaria and chronic eczema.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
I have lots of pimples and black heads on my face. They looks big in size. Suggest me natural medications or life style I need to imply. I want to get rid of them permanently. please help.
For sometime my skin goes darker than ever it impacts on my personality that I covered with negative thoughts, sometimes my friends call me 'काला भैंसा' that was very painful for me how I can prevent all of these problems by fairing my skin.
Hello doctors. I want you people to suggest me some cream for increasing my fairness and awesome home remedies. Im a boy 20 years old.
Hello doctor! I got a scar on smoother part of my eyes skin, either sides, it happened during my childhood. I used mederma for 3 months but no results. How to get rid of those scars, any surgical methods!
The skin is the most exposed organ to irritants, and when the body recognizes something as foreign, the immune system kicks into action. It produces what is known as antibodies against the foreign bodies (antigens). However, in many situations, the body produces antibodies against its own cells or tissue or components, causing an autoimmune reaction. One such autoimmune reaction is lichen planus, which is a skin rash caused when the body produces antibodies against its own skin or mucous membranes.
Risk factors: While anyone with a weak immune system can develop lichen planus, the followings increase the chances of that happening:
- Presence of other autoimmune disorders
- Hyperactive immune system, causing the allergic reaction
- Genetic inheritance
- Increased stress levels
- Prior history of viral infections
- Middle aged women
- Exposure to allergens like gold, arsenic, iodine, and drugs like diuretics and antibiotics
- Prior history of hepatitis C
Symptoms: Diagnosis of lichen planus is quite easy, as it has a characteristic appearance.
- Basically, a skin rash that is purple in color with flat tops on the skin
- Rashes spread over the body in a matter of weeks
- They are itchy, painful, and produce a burning sensation
- Could have blisters which burst
- Have thin lacy margin
- Can be seen in the genital area, scalp, ankle, hands, mucous membranes, and nails
If required, a biopsy can be done in some cases to confirm the diagnosis. Allergy testing can also be done to confirm hyperactive immune system.
Treatments: This can depend on the severity of the condition. In people where it is not progressive or inflamed, it could be observed to run its natural course and subside.
For those requiring symptomatic treatment, the following can be used:
- Steroids (topical or oral) to reduce inflammation
- Antihistamines to reduce the allergic response
- Retinoids (topical or oral) which can help overall skin health
- Nonsteroidal creams to clear up the rash
- Moisturizer to keep skin healthy and prevent dryness and itching
- Cool compresses on the rashes
- Loose clothing to prevent irritation and itching
- Anti-itch creams and powders and lotions
- Oatmeal bath to avoid itching and inflammation
- Ultraviolet radiation to the rash to reduce severity
- Avoid agents (drugs or chemicals) which can cause lichen planus
- If the lesions are in the mouth, mouthwash and/or rinse can be used for topical relief
Lichen planus often does not require any treatment. However, depending on each individual, it may require topical and/or systemic treatment to manage the symptoms. It usually runs its course over 6 to 10 weeks and subsides on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
From the last week muje motion main problem ho raha he ,motion bahut hard hota he aur bleeding ho raha he kya iske liye kya karu?
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp