Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MadhuYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the force that is felt on the artery walls as the blood flows through it. What happens during high blood pressure is that this force of blood against the arterial walls increases.
People who are physically inactive, smoke regularly, consume excessive alcohol or are diagnosed with other underlying health conditions are at the maximum risks of this condition. Factors such as increased levels of stress, old age, psoriasis and pregnancy also contribute to high blood pressure.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure:
The symptoms of high blood pressure include headache that lasts for several days, nausea, vomitting (rare), vertigo, lightheadedness, double vision, blurred vision, nose bleeding (epistaxis), heart palpitation and dyspnea (shortness of your breath). Children with high blood pressure can bear symptoms such as fatigue, seizures, irritability, respiratory disease and Bell’s palsy (inability to move facial muscles of either side).
Remedies for High Blood Pressure:
- Losing weight- Obesity is one of the chief contributors to this condition. Keeping a regular check on your weight and following a healthy diet plan can help you maintain blood pressure. Exercising everyday for 30 minutes can also lower your blood pressure and prevent it from shooting up.
- Eating healthy- Eating foods rich in potassium (fruits and vegetables), whole grains and foods low in LDL count can help reduce blood pressure. Limiting salt and sodium in your diet is also very beneficial in controlling your blood pressure.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption- Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can cause sudden spikes in blood pressure. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption can normalize the blood pressure.
- Reduce stress- One of the major reasons for high blood pressure is being subject to excessive stress over a prolonged period of time. Try to meditate or practice yoga to be more calm and composed. Keeping mental stress at bay does wonders in reducing blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I done surgery in my rt knee for lateral meniscus tear but its still paining how can I recover it suggests me please.
I am a diabetic. I am taking tablets containing metformin. It upsets my stomach and causes diarrhoea. Suggest some other tablets instead of metformin compounds ?
Pain in the neck goes to head since 8 days. Stiffness is more than pain. Pain killer give reliefs but again pain starts after no medicine. Only one aceclo para serriatio combination give full cure.
Sir I am tAking very less sleep due working 24/7 does will it effects my mental power and sex power I am losing my weight and becoming less appetite, no physical exercise.
I had a problem few weeks back. I had noticed blood in my stool during excretion. When I contacted a doctor he said that I was having bad digestion and that there was nothing to be worried. Yesterday I saw the same thing agai though I am comfortable when I sit but anus causes a burning sensation during excretion. What should I do now?
Repeatedly I have urinary infection. Urine always have yellow color and most times I have pain in my waist. What should I do?
I am suffering frm polycystic Overy syndrome with increase testosterone level with abnormal hair growth, how can I get relief nd how Cn these symptoms can get reduce.
Starving yourself can be the worst way to lose weight. Not only does this affect your health, it also slows down your metabolism to conserve energy. A slow metabolism means that the body will take longer to burn fats. This is the opposite of what is needed for weight loss. On the other hand, eating certain types of food can boost your metabolism and aid weight loss. These foods are high in nutrient value and low on fats. Let’s take a look at some of these types of food.
- Grapefruit: Eating half a grapefruit a day can make you see a rapid fall in your weight. This fruit is not only rich in vitamins and proteins but also contains a compound that can lower the hormones that affect fat storage such as insulin. Grapefruit is also 90% water and hence satiates hunger faster.
- Brown rice: Many people find it impossible to imagine a meal without rice. White rice may look nicer but brown rice is richer in fiber and healthier to eat. Brown rice also contains healthy carbs that burn fat and boost metabolism. Additionally, it has a low calorific value.
- Salmon: Of all meats, salmon is the leanest and least fattening. This rich source of protein keeps the stomach feeling satiated for longer without adding fat to your body. The best way to eat salmon for weight loss is to grill it or steam it.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help burn fat and shed calories. Green tea should ideally be had without milk or sugar and in this way it also keeps the body hydrated.
- Nuts: Unroasted and unsalted nuts are a healthy snack that can help you lose weight. Nuts like almonds are rich in an amino acid known as Larginine which helps burn fat and carbs while working out. Pine nuts are rich in healthy fatty acids that subdue hunger hormones and burn abdominal fat. Pistachios are also excellent for weight loss as they are rich in fiber, proteins and healthy, unsaturated fats.
- Oats: Oats is a key element in many weight loss diets. This is because oats are high in fiber content and keep you satiated for longer. Oats also aid in digestion and help in the elimination of wastes. It also absorbs fats and hence can lower cholesterol.
- Dark chocolate: A little bit of dessert can actually aid weight loss as long as it’s dark chocolate. This type of chocolate boosts metabolism by burning fats and calories. It also helps curb the craving for sweets and salty snacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.