Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. MadayyaYour feedback matters!
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
My mother age 43 years old have" meningioma in right cerebellopontine angle cistern causing mild proximal obstructive hydrocephalus" is there any treatment except surgery.
My friend met with an accident on Saturday night due to blood clot in central part of the brain, he is in deep coma right now since that day. Please help me know he can be recovered.
I am suffering from full body vibrating, sexual weakness also for last 2 years. I have taken many medicines recommended by the doctor but no relief as of now.
My fathers age is 53 sometimes his back side is start pain and it surrounded to chest. It occurs in day to day life and when he is work hard chest is vibrate All check up should be done like ultrasound, xray, sugar, blood test, ecg, but report is normal what is the reason behind it.
Hello. I am 24 years old. I have given birth to 2 months girl baby and sometimes I use to get severe shivering even when I took bath with hot water. That's one problem and another is still I'm just 40 kg. I'm not at all gaining weight. I take healthy and more food. Need to put on weight.
Hi I am 17 years old I have this problem that sometimes my hands begin to shake unnecessarily. Please help me with a cure. Thank you.
Feeling pressure on forehead and no feeling in stomach, numbness in muscles breath is slow what may be the reason. All reports like CBC lft kft electrolytes thyroid vit d lipid profile urine are normal except b12 is 148. ESR Is normal.
My wife is suffering from meningitis. First time it was in june 2013 and again it repeated this time. Please suggest me?
What is binswanger's disease? Somebody I know is having it. Been told that it is not alzheimer. So then what is it? Person looks like having dementia like symptoms. We are at loss. Should we also consult a psychiatrist here?
I am a 15 year old diabetic; from the past two/three months, I have a lot of burning sensation on the bottom side of my feet; sometimes I also feel numb; I am afraid that is it due to improper blood circulation? Please suggest me suitable remedies.
I can't sit down in floor for more mins because I can't feel my leg its like numbness. After I donated blood 1 month ago its spreading all over my body (numbness)
One month ago my grandmother had a mild stroke. She was taken to Apollo hospital (outside) and there doctors given her acitrom. But now blood is coming through the gums and is not stopping. Then a local doctor given her injection to stop bleeding. It is to be noted that she was regularly monitoring INR. But even after this it happened. Is it necessary to take acitrom further, or she may stop it forever?
I am 42 year man, my problem is that I having a tremor in my both hand while taking thing it get vibrate,
Sir I feel headache most of the time from morning till evening. Is this the symptom of brain tumour.
I am 30 (female). I don't know what is my issue called in medical terms but my brain doesn't stop thinking. It thinks continuously even when I am asleep. Due to this I can't get good sleep. I feel sleepless. I have over thinking issues. I have some gynaecological issues and thyroid too. Can't handle pressure and leave jobs frequently. Do I need medicinal help?
What are the symptoms of brain tumour? And what are the difference experienced after its treatment (operation).
Medical measures: if you have frequent episodes, you will need 2 types of medicines- one to be taken daily for a period of at least 6 months as prophylaxis and 2nd to be taken during attacks of headache for quick relief of pain. These medication should be started only after consultation with a neurologist and ruling out other rare but serious causes of headache.
Lifestyle measures play an equal, if not greater role in management of migraine. They include:
1) regular intake of meals. Avoid fasting, eat breakfast, lumnch and dinner at fixed timings.
2) good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily
3) avoiding foods that precipitate migraine like cheese, chocolate, excess coffee/tea and sour foods
In addition, you may have to temporarily avoid excessive travel and exposure to sunlight which can precipitate headache. Yoga/ meditation and relaxation techniques will help immensely.