Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MadayyaYour feedback matters!
Dear Madam, I can not forget even small adverse remarks. It comes in my mind repeatedly and makes me worry. Due to which I am facing problem of sleeplessness. I am suffering from insomnia. Please give me tips to overcome it. Regards Ratan Mishra.
I am having chronic Migraine and when I am using Sibilium 10mg tab the pain duration has became less almost nil but when I stopped this tab. After few weeks pain has been return. Kindly advice should I continue this? or not? if there have any side effect if I continue this. My age 44 and male.
I am a male of 26 years, 2 years ago I have had a major accident that resulted in multiple facial fractures, dislocation of the mandibular condyle and severe facial deformity. 1st surgery was a failure and I couldn't even eat for some months ,so we opted for the 2nd one and it is a partial success because it only corrected my dental fractures so that I could eat well but my major concern is my facial profile. I'm very much depressed regarding it, Is there any chance that my mandibular condyle can be corrected and relocated so that my facial profile is restored to the previous state.
I have been suffering from Parkinson's disease for the last two years and am being treated with levodopa (Dopamine) (Syndopa tablets, Ropark and Entacom. This makes me very sleepy and confused and has been hampering by work (I am a research scientist now 70 years old but till the Parkinson's hit me very active academically). I feel depressed all the time. What should I do?
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.