Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Madan MohanYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and migraine also. I took tablets and consulted so many. But nothing happened. Could you please solve my problem?
Can you please tell me about LASIK surgery. Is it beneficial for me because my eyesight is very poor.
I have got eye infection and due to that my eyes has changed to red and yellow from last 2 days what should I do?
I am wearing specs since the age of 10 years .I m suffering from myopia. I want to remove my specs .I don't feel comfortable in specs sometimes I feel very awkward because I am not able to play any sports with the best of me.
I have a red eyes from few weeks In the corner of both eyes and day by day it is increasing whT I will do.
I am 25 year old male and diagnosed with eales disease by my doctor. It started 4 days back when I experienced floaters and hazy vision through my right eye. After consulting my doctor, he observed vitreous hemorrhage and occluded vessels. I have carried out tests suggested by him like x- ray chest P/A, MT, complete blood haemogram with ESR. All the reports are normal and I am waiting to consult him. I am still not able to make out what is the reason for the disease. As suggested by him, I will have to go through fungus fluorescin angiography of both the eyes after a week and accordingly may have to go through a surgery. I am really scared and nervous. I am not to able to work and study. Kindly guide me. I will be really grateful.
Hello, In summer rather hot weather I mostly face problem with my eyes. There will be frequent itching and irritation. Suggest me something please, on how to handle it. Cleaning with water helps but that can't be done all the time.
How do I know when my eye problem is an emergency? When should I self-treat, go to my eye doctor, or head to Emergency?
I am sourav 20 years old male. For last 2 days my two eyes are becoming reddish. And when I go out in sun then it is more reddish and itchy. I am using a drop gatilox dm but no improve. So what should I do?
My one eye size become a bit small and 1 one is normal please help me what to do that my eye size become normal.
I am 20 years old & today mine eyes started paining & suddenly I am feeling headache. When I measured mine fever it's 101.1. Please help me.
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.