Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M VidyavatiYour feedback matters!
I have green eyes and had been having motions from today's morning and had stomach ache what should I do now please help me to be normal again.
I have problem in my eyes, I'm feeling tiredness and weakness from last 2 week. Please suggest what should I do?
My weight is near to 105 KGS so my body need more than 2900 calorie in a day. But every day I take only 1200+ calorie and everyday I spent 600+ calorie to do the exercise. I also take 1 glass of lemon and ginger mix partly warm water in empty stomach and I drink near to 4 ltrs daily. I also take 1 bowl of cucumber and tomato salads as snacks twice in a day. So how much I lose in a one month?
I am 21 old my eyes are getting blur while reading. Am not interested to wear optical what should I do?
My MOM is 62 years old. She had a problem of RETINA displacement in left eye and she is also suffering from cataract. Doctor advised to get the placement done of Retina first and then will go for cataract operation. So, we had a surgery of retina before one month but she is still complaining of pain in her eye after a operation for more than one month. When we consult doctor again and ask for the reason, he replied" The pain is because of the cataract and once the cataract operation will be done the pain will also go away" Please advise me what we should do?
Hi, I am suffering from Uveitis since last 10 years. I went to AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh but did not find any cure. Currently taking steroids injection under supervision of care Noida. I cannot tolerate oral steroids. Tried immunosuppressant but could not tolerate them. I have Macular Edema. Is there any way to cure this?
I am 61 year old male, 12 years of diabetes history, bypass done 9 months back. From last 1. 5 months I have double vision. (diabetes eye problem. )
I have a problem in my right eye. Whenever I do some precise work or study I get some iteration in that eye. Please suggest me solution.
I am 19 years old girl I have sags under my lower eyes. It makes difference between my eyes and checks. I want to permanently remove it and I want to have a perfect, smooth face. please tell me about non surgical treatment for get ride of eye bags with cost range upto 15000 rupees.
I have a pain in left side eye, jaw, upper teeth,neck and head also. All in left side since last 3-4 days during my fever.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.