Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Venkata Murthy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M Venkata MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello. .my nephew is 40 days old and he is often crying badly due to etching on anus caused by pinworm.. Suggest some medicine for him. I repeat he is only 40 days old.
My 10 days son whose weight is 3.7 kg have blood creatinine level is 1.17 mg/dl and blood urea level is 64 mg/dl. Is it kidney disease? If yes please send me treatment advice?
Hi, I'm a 14 years old girl. I am a boyish type of girl, I don't really go out of the house don't have a boyfriend since birth, I'm very focused on my study, and I'm an achiever in our school as well, And when I go out my parents are always w/ me, I masturbate w/ my pants and panties on but just rubbing it not fingering. So I have this very strange feeling, & I don't even want to mention it cause it's very impossible. Because after I go biking on thursday my nipples hurt when they're slightly touched, is it because I only wear sando bras instead of bras? And also my pimples are coming out. I didn't get my period yet but there's also a problem in my period, Cause when I got it It's like a flood flowing and lasts until 1-2 months and skips form 3-4 months that's also the reason why we go to a ob gyn for a check up last summer, And then the ob gyn gave me some trust pills which has numbers of days in it and has yellow and brown color. But still my period skips 1 month now only and when I got it it only lasts 5 days. Then in the evening I only ate a little amount for dinner and just ate breakfast w/ one scoop of rice only in the 10/11am, I didn't ate lunch, But I take snacks SOMETIMES in the afternoon (That's the way I eat and been months since I do this) And I also often drink soft drinks. I drink them like water when I get thirsty. So later on in that evening. I slept at 11pm and just suddenly woke up at 1am w/ sort of nausea, A little Abdominal pain, I got cold, I urinate frequently but a just a little amount of urine, I farted a lot, My tummy is bloating, I cannot finish a yawn, I have a little blood in my rectal, I have hard and liquid stools, And I cannot go back to sleep so I stay awake until 6am. Then when I take my breakfast I like to vomit it but I forced myself to eat it but then I didn't vomit it but I had hard time chewing it. Pls help me. I'm very worried and confused now!
My three year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
My baby is of 4 months he didn't did the potty from last two days wat is the reason what should I do? He is also not taking feed in good quantity.
Rickets causes muscles and bones to become soft, which can cause permanent deformities in children. It is most common in children and infants who have a poor diet or who are housebound, but is nowadays relatively rare in developed countries. Breast-fed babies are at higher risk if they or their mothers do not take in enough sunlight, and baby formula is now designed to prevent this. Rickets is caused by a lack of vitamin D or of calcium. Vitamin D is required for calcium to be properly absorbed into bones to strengthen them. Adults rarely develop rickets because their bones are not growing and do not need much calcium. Vitamin D itself is obtained from many foods but the body can only use it if it has been converted into its active form via sunlight. In recent years there has been a slight increase in children with rickets possibly due to too many of them staying indoors.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.