Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. M.v. PatilYour feedback matters!
Contaminated food is one of the most common sources of infections in the human body and so the stomach is one of the most commonly affected organs. Whether it is eating raw food or unhygienically prepared foods, the stomach has very high chance of getting infected than other body parts.
One of the most common causes of stomach infection is the norovirus also called as cruise ship virus. Spread through vomitus and faecal material, it is quite contagious and can affect large amounts of people in confined areas like a cruise ship. The common symptoms would include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, bloated feeling, abdominal pain (generalised or localised), fatigue, and tiredness.
On the brighter side, there are well-proven measures listed below which are simple and easy to follow that can help avoid stomach infection.
- Restore bacterial balance: The good bacteria in the stomach are lost with the stomach flu and restoring it will help in managing the flu. A good amount of probiotics and fermented foods including yoghurt, sour curd, etc., will do wonders by restoring natural flora. Supplements can be taken if required, and these bacteria will restore the ability of the stomach to fight the virus.
- Isolation and separation: If there is a close family member affected by the virus, ensure they are staying separately and all their clothing (bedding included) are maintained in an isolated manner. Children and elderly need extra protection, whether they are affected or are in the same household.
- Cleaning methods: Since the virus spreads by contaminated faecal matter, vomitus and through surfaces, it is necessary to prevent the spread.
- When in doubt, washing hands is very useful. Use soap and water instead of a hand wash. Staying away from picking nose and touching eyes are also useful.
- The infected person’s clothes should be washed separately in extra hot water and bleached to get rid of the virus.
- Using the dishwasher or soaking the washed utensils in extra-hot water is a good way to get rid of the virus.
- Surfaces like laptops need to be cleaned more regularly and rigorously
- Steam cleaning of carpets is a good idea to get rid of the virus that may be locked there.
- Avoid going out or being in close contact for about a week, as the virus needs that much time to clear out completely.
- Food habits
- Do not eat raw or uncooked foods
- Drink loads of water, clear soups, sports drink and lime juice to replace lost fluid.
- Eat whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables that are well-cooked to ensure you get the essential vitamins and minerals.
Following the above measures can help avoid the stomach flu and stay healthy.
हमारा लिग छोटा तथा पतला है हमारी पत्नी हमसे सन्तुष्ट है पर स्खलन जल्दी हो जाता है कोई उपाय बताये देर तक आन्नद ले सके
Colds symptoms appear slowly over a few days and mainly affect your head; you'll have congestion, sneezing, a sore throat or cough. Conversely, the flu affects your whole body and comes on suddenly. You'll experience pain and body aches, GI symptoms like vomiting or diarrhea, and a fever.
I am a type II diabetes since 2003. Recently for last 4 months I am suffering from high sugar . F - 261, PP- 328, HbA1c - 9.6 inspite of my all efforts like walking, taking medicine (Azulix 2 MF Forte -2 daily, amaryl -3 mg 1 daily, Januvia 100 -1 daily) diabetic diet etc. Please help what to do now.
Respiratory allergies are aggravated during a change of season and it is rampant during Feb and march in and around Delhi/ NCR. Allergies are aggravated by gas, bloating and are accompanied by dry skin, dry throat, cough, sneezing and wheezing. When allergy strikes, phlegm (balgam) blocks the nose and sinuses. Allergy may or may not be accompanied by fever but body ache is for sure. Normally for this type of low-grade fever antibiotics are not required but these allergies are not self-limiting like the flu with which it can be confused. Stress is another factor that aggravates the allergic effects. Ginger helps, so does honey and black pepper and cinnamon but on top of the list is steam to inhale, steam is antiseptic too, remember your doctor sterilizing instruments by autoclave which is based on the formula of a pressure cooker-lots of a stem is generated and everything (except plastic) including clothes and drapes get sterilized. Take a handy covered vessel like the one used in beauty parlors, switch on while it is kept on your table and cover your face with a towel, deep breathe steam, you will feel the passages opening up and phlegm melting which you can spit out without an effort of a violent cough. Avoid heavy, processed, refined and processed foods. 2) triphla helps fight allergy too, its powder or tablets help to reduce inflammation anywhere in the body. 3) wear cotton or linen 4) meditation helps reduce stress 5) benefits of honey are known to everyone. Do not take honey with steaming hot beverages, take it with warm water only. 6) ginger- some people chew it raw, some mothers give a drop of its juice+ some honey to their toddlers, some people make a concoction by boiling it in water at low heat and consuming it like tea/ coffee with a little milk 7) fresh indoor plants minus dust on the leaves gives fresh oxygen and inhaling deeply fresh air does open up blocked respiratory passages. 8) eat less salt as it leads to water retention making a condition worse 9) Guduchi also helps 10) maintain hygiene, do not skip daily bath with warm water. 11) if entire family including small kids want to inhale the steam for some time, make use of the smallest room in the house with doors closed, keep an electrical kettle, boiling for some time, entire room becomes steam room and breathe normally, passages of normal persons will also become free of any allergy. 12) everyone is lazy if asked to go to the kitchen to heat water but simple home remedies can help family and save money on extra medicines tests which are not required in simple seasonal allergies.