Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M V Nagendar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M V NagendarYour feedback matters!
Premature ejaculation is the issue which I am having what to do getting ejection in 40/50 seconds only.
Gud morning doctor. I'm getting very hard motion once in two days give me some healthy tips to get a nice tummy by having my motions loosely. Thank you.
The nose for sure must be one organ that most people are unhappy about. Almost everybody has a complaint about the way the nose looks sharp, rounded, blunt, too short, too long, the list can be quite long. Now everyone with these complaints has a reason to cheer and that reason is rhinoplasty. Corrections of the nasal shape or rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures and is extremely common.
If you are unhappy with your nose, read on to know more and then decide if you want to go for it.
What is it?
It involves modifying the bones and the cartilage (in the upper and lower parts) of the nose to achieve desired and improved aesthetic results – narrowing it, heightening the bridge, refining the tip, removing bumps, etc. This correction is done either through an incision in the inside of the nose or the outside so that cartilage and bone can be manipulated to achieve the desired shape. Additional cartilage can be used either from the septum or the back of the ear or very rarely ribs to fill and make it longer.
There are some things to consider before going for a nose job
- Do it for the right reasons: Psychological disorders where people are obsessed with their appearance is not a reason for going under the knife. Then there will be another body part which is not perfect; it will just go on. A better-looking nose can definitely improve the appearance, but remember that perhaps that long pointed nose that you admire may not look good on your face.
- Set expectations: Talk to your surgeon about what will work best for you and have a detailed discussion. Else, you might have to go for a second surgery (what is known as secondary rhinoplasty, which is also quite common)! Remember that the result of the correction should be an improvement from what it was and not a perfect nose.
- Age: Skeletal development should be complete before going for a nose job. This means girls no younger than 17 to 18 and boys no younger than 18 should go for it. Although obsessing with looks starts quite young in life, wait for nature to run its complete course of growth before going for manual intervention.
- Cost: Done purely for cosmetic reasons, health insurance does not cover nose jobs, and prepare for the cost.
- Recovery: The first week after surgery, you would be using a nasal pack or a splint. There could also be facial swelling and discomfort and restrictions on going out in the sun, exercise, and contact sports. So, plan for it accordingly.
Have an open heart talk with your doctor about the entire procedure before going for it! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.