Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M Udaya Kumar MaiyaYour feedback matters!
I am a cancer patient on medication including chemo for the last two years. This has of. Late effected my hearing. Dr. Has suggested to go for some low priced hearing aid for the time being. Can you pl. suggest any such hearing aid suitable only for one to one because being cancer patient I am mostly confined to bed. Thanks and regards.
Is humans are made for eating meeting? Is it is true by consuming meat it could cause cancer risk and diabetes blood pressure?
I am a type2 diabetic patient and detected since a year now. I have been taking Reclimet-XR & Pioz mf 7.5 tablets daily. Could you please tell me if there any side effects of these medicines ,particularly for pioz mf 7.5 as someone told me it might have some linkage with cancer. So i need to know from the experts. Thanks in advance
• The exact causes for cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage.
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease.
• Family tendency.
• Exposure to radiations.
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning
Dr Mrs Neeraj Gupta
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
Helath Tips on Cancer Prevention:
Cancer prevention are the ‘actions’ taken to lower or limit the possibilities of getting cancer.
Many things in our lifestyle, genes and environment around us affect our risk of getting cancer.
Researchers are studying different ways to prevent cancer, which include the following:
Ways to avoid things/factors known to cause cancer
Changes in lifestyle and diet
Detecting precancerous conditions early
Medicines to treat a precancerous condition or to keep cancer from occurring
Keep Away from Carcinogens
Any substance or agent known to increase the probability of getting cancer is called a carcinogen. Some known and established carcinogens can be
Cigarette smoking or tobacco use in any form
Infections - Human papilloma virus, Hepatitis B & C viruses, Human T-cell leukaemia virus, Epstein-Barr virus, Kaposi sarcoma virus etc
Radiation - UV rays of sun, radon gas and man-made radiation such as X-rays
Car exhaust fumes
Asbestos, some chemicals found in paints
Ways of living and habits which may affect the risk incidence of cancer could be
Diet - Red and processed meat, food additives, salty & pickled foods
Alcohol - Over indulgence in alcoholic drinks
Physical Activity - Obesity due to physical inactivity and lethargy
Environmental Risk Factors
Go for Cancer Screening
Detecting the cancer in precancerous stage or in its early stages can lead to a much better prognosis of the disease due to effective treatment and management.
There are various kinds of screening tests.
Physical exam and history:
A visual examination of the whole body to check general health and disease, like any new growth or lumps. A medical history of patient’s present health status, past illnesses and treatments will also be noted.
Laboratory screening tests:
Samples of urine, tissue or other substances in the body are taken; like Pap smear for cervical cancer, a biopsy from an abnormal growth or stool test for occult blood in colon cancers.
Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy for colon cancer
Screening procedures that take pictures of inside of the body like ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan or MRI.
Tests that look for gene mutations (changes) that could be linked to certain cancer. It is also known as gene testing or genome testing.
Explore Cancer Chemoprevention
Cancer chemoprevention is the use of natural or synthetic substances to reverse, suppress or prevent the development of cancer at the first place.
It is used by people who are at a higher risk of developing cancer, have a family history of cancer or those with a previous cancer.
Chemoprevention is not used to treat cancer but can lower the risk of cancer or slows down its development
I am 45 years old. I am suffering from prostate enlarge. Burning and pain in urine. On pressor urine and latrin release simen from my penise. I am eating medicine aurved, unani. But no releif. I am diabetic.
My mom has been suffering from ovarian cancer from last 1 year and now after chemotherapy and operation she is adviced to take votrient tablets. I think it' ll be better for her to consume less acidic food. So, would you please suggest the diet to increse her body alkalinity.
What are the symptoms of cancer and AIDS. What medicine should be take for that disease. Please help me.
Actually last month my brother in law aged 44 expired due to metastatic cancer in pancreas & intrahepatic cancer in liver. I was surprised to see that being a fully fit man without any disease. Now I am very much tensed that it could happen with any one. Pl suggest me which/what type of test/treatment could be taken up as a precautionary step.
My husband has enlarged prostate. Now he is taking a brand of food supplement for it called" PROSTRASURE TABLET" From "GREEN LIFE HERBAL NETWORK LTD. Its active ingredient is "RAPE POLLEN" does it have any side effect on his sexual performance? Pls should he stop?
My father is a tobacco addict. His gums became dilute along with ulcers in his mouth two days ago. He had fever and having constipation. He said that he stops chewing tobacco few days ago and then these problems occurs because of change. Is this possible. I think that he is hiding something serious from us. Maybe ulcers came first and then he leaves tobacco. How can we know that it is not a serious problem like mouth cancer. Suggest me some test or any other mean and where can we have these test.
My mom she is 37 years old. She had a tumor in belly of 55mmX56mm. Can she be cured without surgery?
She got attacked by breast tumor. And it's become hard and spread to left breast please give me some homeopathic remedies.
Sometimes I had a little pain in one of my breast but pain was not too much but do not know why I am soo scared off.
My father had a laser holmeum surgery for Prostate problem and he contracted an UTI infection from the catheter. This infection was detected to be Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and my father had already taken Niftran 100 mg twice daily for 3 months. The recent urine culture showed that Niftran is now resistant along with many other antibiotics and his infection is still active. The pus cells were 25 to 30 in the routine microscopy. The only sensitive antibiotic was Colistin. Our doctor is advising to wait for few more days as he is asymptomatic. He is also diabetic from the last 11 years. Please suggest.
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.