Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M. Shiva ShankarYour feedback matters!
My teeth is yellow in colour and I always do all the thing what the doctor tell like brush 2 times in a day and giving me very hi-fi toothpaste etc but my teeth never change the colour from yellow to white.
Hi My saliva is yellowish or sometimes dark red after waking up from sleep. I feel gum inflammation when I eat something spicy .I feel like my gums are weak but I have taken two tablets (Mox 500 and nor metrogyl) two times then I did not get that bloody saliva so I left those medicine but after 3-4 days it again started .please tell me the reason and treatment for the same.
I am 22 years old male and I am having Receding Gums problem so which medicine should take to cure it or any other way to stop it.
My age is 26. I cleaned my teeth recently in clinic for the first time and I don't want to clean it every year because it creates teeth gap and damages to the teeth. Can better care avoid me to go to the clinic again?
Let us thank you for your efforts, and we assure you that your kids will be thankful to you in the future
BRUSHING- the WHEN & HOWs…?
You should start with cleaning your infant’s teeth with a wet wash cloth, however as your kid gets more teeth, you can start to use a soft children’s toothbrush. Brushing should be done in more circular motion covering both front and back side of all the teeth from gums towards teeth.
The TOOTHPASTE confusion? Your child may be at risk of too much fluoride intake, so your choice of toothpaste is simple yet essential. If using fluoridated toothpaste, use a small, pea-size amount of toothpaste, so that there is little danger for your child getting too much fluoride if he swallows it. The alternative off course is to use non-fluoridated toothpaste, until they are spitting the toothpaste out.
FLOSSING- simple yet effective tool ? Flossing is an important part of good oral hygiene. Your child should start flossing from the age of 3-4 years, but they likely won't be able to floss on their own, so your role will be to assist them. It should be encouraged at least once a day
FLUORIDE- the right balance ? Children begin to need supplemental fluoride by the age of six months. The additional requirement is dependent on child’s environment. If your kid is drinking tap water and you live in an area with the water is fluoridated, then he should be getting an adequate amount of fluoride. If he doesn't drink water much, or is drinking well water, un-fluoridated bottled water, then he may not be getting enough fluoride to keep his teeth healthy. Talk with your Pediatric Dentist for elaborate details about fluoride supplements in forms of gels and varnishes.
SEALENTS- Sealing the future cavity ? A sealant is a plastic material that provides a protective coating to the teeth, thereby acts as a barrier against plaque and bacteria from being present in the grooves and pits of the teeth. Molars can be hard to clean with all the grooves and are prone to developing cavities, so sealants can do wonders.
FIRST VISIT- the sooner the better…?
Common practice is that one may not visit a dentist unless your child has risk factors for having problems with teeth, such as sleeping with cup/bottle, teeth staining, thumb sucking, night pain etc. However, an early visit to the child dentist is a good way to learn proper about basics of oral hygiene at an early age.
I am 42 year old man and I am having diabetes since 2 years ago but last 4 months I am suffering pain in my teeth its a quite low pain but shall I go for dental surgery.
Bad breath is a condition that usually results from poor oral health or digestive problems. Bad breath may also cause social awkwardness and self-esteem issues. The practitioner first carries out a diagnosis to detect the symptoms and prescribes a remedy accordingly.
The various causes of bad breath are:
- Irregular brushing habits
- Tobacco consumption
- Consuming certain foods like onion and garlic may result in a foul smell
- Yeast infections in the mouth
- Dry mouth where saliva production is minimal
- Illnesses such as kidney problems may cause bad breath
Homeopathy focuses on providing a holistic treatment rather than a symptom based treatment.
The various homeopathic remedies for bad breath are:
- Pulsatilla: If you have bad breath along with dry mouth, Pulsatilla can be an effective remedy. Pulsatilla is a very effective treatment for getting rid of bad breath along with dry mouth.
- Merc sol: It is very effective in treating bad breath along with increased production of saliva. If your salivary glands are overactive and have a moist mouth, then this remedy is recommended. It is also useful in getting rid of bad breath that occurs from dental cavities.
- Carbo veg: If the bad breath results from infections, such as gingivitis and gum bleeding, then you may use this remedy. It is also used in the treatment of pus discharge from the gums.
- Carbolic acid: Carbolic acid is used to treat bad breath along with constipation. The symptoms are bloated abdomen, abdominal cramps and nausea.
- Kreosote: This remedy is recommended for bad breath that results from dental caries. It may lead to bleeding from your gums due to teeth decay.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is a treatment that is recommended for bad breath that results from a throat infection. The throat infection may be accompanied by symptoms of fever.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is used for treating symptoms of bad breath along with cold. This also relieves symptoms of indigestion and constipation.