Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Shetty
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M ShettyYour feedback matters!
Is smoking once a day harmful? I was a chain smoker 3 years back but now due to stress I feel like again starting it. So is it safe if I smoke only once a day?
E-cigarettes or electronic cigarettes are vaporizers powered by battery which instigates the feeling of smoking. Though it has emerged as a measure to quit smoking, it is not so successful in achieving the same.
Check out its Benefits Vs Risks
1. Alternative to smoking - For those who find hard to quit smoking can replace this smoke and tobacco free device with the traditional cigarettes and can reduce the intake of smoke or tobacco to minimal.
2. Easy on the pocket book - The cost of e-cigarettes is relatively low than traditional cigarettes. Hence, it fits well under the budget of chain smokers.
3. Reduces the risk to diseases - Cigarette smoking is injurious to health. It can cause innumerable diseases from cancer, stroke, heart attack, pneumonia to osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s etc. E-cigarettes have reduced the risk of many of these diseases for the smokers.
4. Odor free Cigarette - The odor from a smoker after smoking is unbearable. E-cigarettes help get rid of the maleficent odor and so others won’t notice the smell.
1. E-liquids - E-cigarettes have e-liquids which are very harmfull for the body. A small amount of e-liquid is enough to kill a child or an adult. Hence, there is an increased risk to life of a smoker.
2. Lacks labeling - E-cigarettes do not have proper labeling, health warnings, directions to use and its safe disposal technique. Hence, it has an added risk to environment if the e-liquids get exposed/leaked.
3. High levels of Nicotine - Though it is a tobacco and smoke-free cigarette, over usage of the same can make you addicted to nicotine which has further negative impacts on your health.
Hence, e-cigarettes may help in quit smoking, it is equally hazardous to your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am a 24 year old guy who is suffering from anxiety and panic disorder from past 1 year, I got my mri done in an apprehension that I might have some mental disorder, but it came out to be normal, I have been trying to control this on my own since long, but now its getting tough, I stay in a trance, and suddenly I go into that anxiety, my thoughts are not in my control, I am confused, not able to concentrate on my work or anything, I am afraid that this might hamper my career, please suggest, is it possible to get rid of this, is anxiety curable. At times I feel I am being to harsh on my self for my past mistakes. I just want a resort, I feel like life is worthless and this problem is making it worse. I have a good life, a good job, loving parents, everything what a man can want. But still its all a waste. Please revert with a suggestion.
There is no such thing as a ‘Perfect Parent’, so just be a real one. In spite of numerous manuals and books on parenting and child raising, parenting is still the toughest and fulfilling jobs in the world. Here are the best tips that can help you feel more prepared for the job:
1. Boost your Child’s Self-Esteem
Your tone of voice, body language and every expression are absorbed by your kids, so be a good role model for them. Praise their accomplishments even if it is simple or small and make them feel loved. Avoid any belittling statements and choose your words carefully. Be compassionate and supportive even if they make mistakes.
2. Be Involved
Rethink and re-arrange your priorities around you child’s life. It is important to spend quality time with them and listen to them. Set aside a day to go to the park and help them with their homework. Be involved in your child’s life and make time for your precious children.
3. Be Consistent with your Discipline
Set reasonable rules that help your child develop and grow with discipline, without being too strict or bossy. The rules should not instill fear, rather make them understand acceptable behavior and learn self-control. Communicate your rules and avoid overly harsh forms of punishments.
4. Be Flexible with your Parenting Style
There is no one definitive style that works in good parenting. As your child grows, so do you and your parenting style needs to be adaptive. What works with your child now, will not work well after 2 years down the lane. So, seize the right connection and be flexible according to your children’s needs.
Without proper communication, there is no relationship. Take the time to explain and reason with your children to help them understand about certain values and motives of doing things in life. Your words and actions will go a long way to help them learn essential things in a non-judgemental way. Lay down your expectations and invite your children to work along with you.
5. Cheer the Good Stuff
Parents always love to react negatively when kids do something wrong. But how many times have you actually caught them doing something good and appreciating them for the same? Make it a point to praise your children each and every day and reward them for being good.
6. Trust your Instincts
No one knows your children better than you. Follow your gut instincts and trust yourself to be a good parent. Make parenting an easy job and do what is right.
7. Give Respect and Take Respect
Never allow your children, to be rude to you and at the same time give them their due share of respect. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Autism is a one of the developmental disability.
1. Physical -
2. Mental -
Autism is neurodevelopmental disorder characterised by impaired social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and restricted and repetitive behaviour. Triad of autism:
1. Not responding to name- loss of eye contact
2. Repetitive Behaviour
3. Can't relate socially
Autistic child has more energy than normal children.
1. Genetic Mutation
2. Environmental factors - infectious diseases, heavy metals, phenol, pesticides, alcohol etched.
4. Emotional causes
Role of Homoeopathy :
Increase autism there is always have some genetic cause so we have to cure or improve that state. Homoeopathic medicines are only medicines which have good genetic action.
After giving Homoeopathic medicines biting n Self destruction decreases, Hyperactivity decreases.
Along with this understanding n immunity of the children improve.