Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am on dieting last year and I am suffering from very oily skin especially oily at nose area .now I start eating non veg for proper nutrition .is this is good or bad for my oily skin.
Hello sir/ma'am. My self syed Fahad hashmi I have sinus problem. And half headache problem. My lips black.
My face became black dye to this hot summer will you please tell some precautions & creams to make it much brighter:-)
I have a black spot on my left feet, I have used many creams but it doesn't go away. Can you suggest me any medicine to clear that.
I have some kind of black tyoe big but not deep hole. Its very minor deep. What should I do? Can I apply soframaeycein? Or what should I do? Is it dangerous?
There r some black marks on my forehead. It's because of sunscreen. I used No marks cream n 2-3 other creams like it. Bt no result. So please prescribe me.
Hi, I'm into a typical corporate environment and I work in night shifts. My skin tone was fair earlier and My face seems to be losing its color now a days. Does bleaching or facial really removes dead skin cells? If so, which one is the best? Both my office and room runs AC continuously. Does that affect the skin and create such impacts? I've a dry skin type and I use Dove soap alone as per my dermatologist's recommendation. I use a face wash with milk extracts and do not use any other creams. Please guide me with a suitable treatment to gain back tye lost fairness. Thank you, Regards, Umai.
I am 26 years old. Totally tanned my face in sun. Started using a sunscreen. But what medicine to use for tan remove. One person suggested adapalene gel.
I get dry spots on feet. Which further causes cracks. I apply oil but no use. Can you suggest medicine.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
I have pimples and holes on my face. Getting lot of black spots on my face, am suffering a lot with this problem can you please help me.
I am suffering from acne scars and blemishes on my cheeks and even after washing face I am suffering from dry skin which makes the blemish look like patches. Kindly suggest if there is any remedy for acne scars and dry skin.
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.