Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
My jijaji having knee surgery in the month of October, 2015. Currently he is doing physiotherapy and taking medicines. But his leg is not bending more than 90 degree. Please help. He is in mumbai now.
I played football yesterday. Suddenly I feel pain in my left leg. Can anyone please tell me suggestion to relieve my pain?
My right leg pains alot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
My age is 26. I have lipomas more than 15 in my body . How to check them are they dangerous. Some are painful when I touch them especially in my stomach. Which doctor should I consult or any MRI ,CT SCan, ultrasound.please advise me.
My hairline is residing back n back and my hairs are thinning out. Is there any way to stop them or for regrowth tried biotin but it didn't helped.
My age is 30 years feel pain in my knees wen I am bending my knees. Is there any problem. Actually 5 years back. I already have problem in my back bone. And the MRI test result was there have a disc bulls problem in L4 and l5 point. But by d medicine and physio I got relief sum times I feel prb. please giv me sum suggestion wat can I do?
I am 25 years old. I have a sever pain in my legs. From 2 days. I have took the medicine. Still the my legs are paining.
I am 32 years old male from kolkata, some times I fell little pain on back side of my left lower part of head. This pain is not regular instead I feel pain once in month or far than that for few seconds, what is this pain and what should I do.
My dad had accident with truck. They have injury in ribs (born fracture) can you suggest any guide line for recovery as possible as early?
She have pain in knee whenever she sits on bed and then stand up can't able to walk how could she get better.
Few months earlier I started playing volleyball, then I had lower leg pain near shin bone (maybe shin splint) on both legs. I decided to take rest and it was gone. Now few days earlier I started running and the pain had came back and became worse. I want to continue my running but I don't know how to minimise the pain. Please advise me something.
Helo sir, sir I got headache every day if I work more than two hour, sir I forget many work due to this, how can I get my health back.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.