Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. S. Vishwanath
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. M. S. VishwanathYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old male. I had a lumbar canal stenosis 2 years back. My reports stated there was posterior protrusion of L5-S1 intervertebral disc causing severe compression over the traversing nerve roots. The problems were cured by traction and later by panchakrma and ayurvedic treatments. After that I never had any major issues regarding this. Now I am planning to train myself for a full marathon (I already completed 10km mini marathon in 56 mins 2 months back). Whats kind of precautions I should take or any kind of exercise or treatment I should do?
I had an accident 4 months ago due to which I suffering from PTTD. Tibial nerve was cut and 3 foot fingers were fractured. After 4 months There still no sensation in my sole. The bone is healed but it still it pains n swells. There is no problem in the ankle I can very well move and rotate it. But I can't move my foot fingers.
I am a 30 year old married female. For past 2 months I am suffering from neck pain caused as a result of using double pillow. The xray observation says" minimal disc space reduction seen at C4-C5 and C5-C6" and" marginal posterior osteophytes are seen at C3 to C6 vertebrae" with conclusion as" F/s/o early cervical spondylosis with marginal disc space reduction at C4-C5, C5-C6" I would like to know what is the permanent cure for this apart from neck exercises and what preventive steps to be taken to lead a normal life.
HI, I am 29 now, Before 5 years I was getting regular shoulder pain after small bike accident. During the checkup at that time I came to know my calcium level and bone mass/strength is low and due intake of water with fluoride content for longtime. I didn't take any major steps. Now I am started getting same and bone mass is low (2.4). Please provide the details how can I increase the bone mass? Is is related to age/ food/ sleep/stress level? Please give me detailed steps how can I overcome this problem. Thanks in advance.
How to reduce knee pain? Please tell me solution. I was injured 6 months ago. Suddenly again pain back last 15 days.
I fell from the stairs 3-4 days ago. My upper left back was hurt. Since then I have pain in my neck and sometimes my I feel pain in my left arm which is unbearable. What should I do?
I have muscles pain and pain in thighs also from 5 days. I cannot walk properly. Than what should I do? Please tell me.
The neck consists of vertebrae that extend from our upper torso to the skull. It further has cervical disks that absorb any kind of shock between the bones and prevent them from breaking. The muscles, bones and ligaments present in our neck support the head. Any kind of abnormalities and injuries can be a cause for neck pain. These include:
- Muscle tension - This is usually caused by:
- • A poor posture
- • Working at a desk or in front of the computer for too long
- • Sleeping in a bad position
- • Jerking your head during a physical activity or sport.
- Injury: The neck is highly vulnerable to injuries especially during car accidents, sports and falls. An injury in the neck occurs when the ligaments present inside it start to move out of their usual positions or range. It happens when you have had a whiplash of your head.
- Heart attack: In some cases, neck pain can also be a symptom of a heart attack at times. However, it is usually combined with other symptoms when it shows up. These is:
- Meningitis: When the tissue surrounding the back or the neck starts to get swollen, it is known as meningitis. It can be fatal at times and should be considered a medical emergency.
In case the following symptoms show-up, you need to see a doctor:
- Lump in the neck
- Severe neck pain without cause
- Swollen glands
- Tingling sensations all over the body
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
- Heavy headaches
How is neck pain treated?
The first step towards the treatment of neck pain is determining the cause of the pain. this can be determined by:
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- Electromyography that allows your doctor to check how healthy your muscles are
- Lumbar puncture or a spinal tap, which might be a little painful
Here are some of the conventional home treatment methods can be tried at home:
- Applying cold and hot pads for pain relief
- Exercising, mainly stretching
- A neck collar of your size
- Antibiotics if recommended
- Pain medications
- Better sleeping postures
- Maintaining a good posture
Always take good care of your health as well as fitness. Make sure that you sit and stand in proper postures and do not spend your entire day at a desk or in front of a computer. Even if you have to, have brief exercising or stretching sessions in between breaks. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!