Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M S Prasad
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M S PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old male and having ache in left ear area since last 3-4 days. I do not have pain inside ear but while chewing food it feels like some nerve is stretching and pain felt around left ear.
My self Tilak RAJ abt 55 yrs. Old suffering from sinus stick problem since 1981 taken so much medicines then relief after again repeated full brain some time stopped or dullness feeling.
I am 35year old. From last may I am suffering from fatigue weakness dizziness vertigo fast heartbeat pain in ears head and cant sleep. I did all MRI, blood test etc but the reports are normal. I took all allopathy medicines by doctors. From last month I am taking ayurvdic aswagandha capsules and stress guard, the weakness is less a bit. But other factors are still there. I feel very panic and feel very strange cannot face lights. Sir could I start homeopathy for relief. Or what should I do with my problems. Kindly guide sir.
I have too much of cough. So please tell me any solution on that. There is also a pain in my throat.
After suffering from cold, I suffered throat tightness. Now I am not completely free from it but a new problem has come in which "MY TONGUE IS BEING PULLED BACK" and not able to sing at all. I have lot of auditions lining up indian idol, voice of india. please help me recover as soon as possible.
Meri age 31 years old hai mere dono kaan 15 saal ki age se behna shuru ho gye the but maine iska ilaaz nahi karwaya lekin ab check karwane pr pata laga ki dono kaan ke parde phate hue hai or change karwane k liye kaha Main iski cost janna chahta hu.
I am a 63 years old man. I have a problem of snoring every time I sleep. It disturbs me during sleep n I even have to get up sumtimes in the middle of d night with dry mouth. Please suggest a solution.
A nosebleed also called epistaxis medically is normally not dangerous, but if you are old nosebleeds come with a number of risks. Treating a bloody nose incorrectly can only make it more dangerous, because of prolonged bleeding. Before we explain the ways to stop nosebleeds, let’s take a look at its causes:
Nosebleeds usually start from just inside the entrance of the nostril. But, why? Because the blood vessels here are quite fragile and are also prone to rupture easily. This is the reason why children suffer from nosebleeds so easily. Other common reasons are
- A blocked nose due to colds
- Picking one's nose roughly
- Blowing one's nose
- Use of cocaine
A nosebleed usually lasts for about 10-20 minutes and is usually easy to treat. But in some conditions, this bleeding can be profuse and last longer like in cases of
Bleeding can sometimes also happen in areas further back in the nose due mostly to injuries and disorders of the nose.
Usually, nosebleeds can be stopped using simple first aid.
- Sitting up straight helps, especially along with tipping your head forward. It is vital that you don’t tip your head backwards as this can allow the blood to go down your throat and cause vomiting. And this can make your nosebleed worse. So, take care to spit out the blood in your mouth and not to swallow it.
- To stop a nosebleed, pinch the soft, cartilaginous part of your nose using your thumb and forefinger. Spraying your nose with a medicated nasal spray before pinching it can help the bleeding to stop faster. Apply pressure for 10 minutes to get results. Check if your nosebleed has stopped after 10 minutes if it’s not; apply pressure for another 10 minutes. Nosebleeds usually stop after 10 to 20 minutes of pressure.
- Use an ice pack to your nose and cheeks. This will constrict the blood vessels in the nose and stop the nosebleed.
- Use a saline- or water-based nasal gel inside your nose to stop bleeding.
- Remember not to blow your nose or insert anything into your nose for at least 12 hours after your nosebleed is over.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop even after 20 minutes of applying direct pressure, it’s prudent to rush to a doctor. He will treat your nose to stop the bleeding.
- In a few rare cases, the bleeding is so severe that a blood transfusion is needed, and surgery may be needed to stop it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!