Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.s. Chandra MouliYour feedback matters!
Skin problem. Mere face pe muhase he or skin rukhi he. Muhase or rukhi twacha ke liye upay bataiye. Or twacha gori karne ke bare me bhi bataye plz.
Hey there .I use juvel (now, suvel) soap on face once daily as one of doctor consulted me .is it good for skin or is it harmful? I have using it for more than 1 years .will it affect my skin in near future? Or I should stop using it.
Dr. I want my clear And fresh face So please tell me a Good face wash And cream name for My face. I hope you will give me reply soon thank you dr.
My skin in oily.& I have pimple issue. What can I do to remove or overcome this oily surface from my skin?
I Hav food allergy. Mainly groundnut products. It causes rashes on skin nd my face becomes red. How to avoid such problems.
How to clean black heads. My face getting very dark. Skin is very rough. What to do. And Not Getting Glow also.
I have black shades under my eyes I use face cream every day but no changes when I wakeup in the morning shades become dark I clear my face use fresh water every day little pain under my eyes too what should I do?
I am 19 years old male have pimples in my face and oil skin please suggest me a face cream to avoid pimples and oil skin.
I am 20 years 0ld female. I have lots of skin problem like black sport which left over by pimples, uneven skin tone, suntan and fineline near my lip area. My skin is dry.
I have a black spot as well as in my nexk their is problem. I m totally frustrated and irritated. I need a medicine to loose my weight. Thankuu.
I am Shathish 22 years old. I got a scar in my hand before a year cut by blade and it is not going please help me to remove that scar. Thank you hoping positive response.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.