Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M. Ramasubba ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 month. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but have not got any relief. What should I do now?
What is hallas velgas - deformity of toe of foot. 15 degree angle , painful. Flat foot. What is cure?
I fell down and my hand get fractured after treatment also it pains two much so what should I do can you please tell me.?
I am diabetic & my fasting yesterday was 152. I take glocoryl m1 fort before break fast & 1 tab zyoral m4 forte before dinner. I am now experiencing pain in my right ankle joint. Please advise.
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for four years and taking medicine under rheumatologist. I am going to be married in nov 2015. My question is will this disease affect my sexual life? I am male 36 years old.
Sir, there is a pain in left knee in outer side. When I sit by folding my knee in washroom or any where not on chair, it pain as I standup and I can't able to stand properly for a while and after 2-3 minutes it become normal. What's the reason behind it and please tell me how it can be cure.
I am 20 year old male have body weakness from 6 months and my and plam is so paining like hell after writing one page I don't know what will I do please help?
I met with an accident around 3-4 years ago and got an injury in my right leg on knee and got plastered. 4 years passed and now i'm getting pain in it what should I do?
My neck is paining. I guess I am having neck strain. What should I do? What medication should I take?
My knee decease is to painfully. What I do for decrease knee pain Pls help me doctor. I am in trouble in my life.
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.