Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M R SreevathsaYour feedback matters!
My friend has habit of smoking from last 12 years. He used to smoke ocassionlly & regularly in this 12 years. I guess he has smoked more than 2000 cigrrates till now. Now he is worried about his habit and feeling panic about smoking bad effects on his health. So please suggest us which test we can do so he will able to know what impact has happen to his body before he will suffer from cancer or any kind of illness occur by cigrrates. So better he will go through medical test or medical treatments as per your consultation before facing some serious consequences because of cigarettes. Please suggest us is it any way to know the damages has happen to his body because of cigarette. Also suggest him what to do so he will not face some serious consequences like cancer or lungs diseases in future.
Hi. My left breast has been feeling heavy and tight for 2 days now, and it has also been paining me. What should I do? My periods are weeks away as well.
Hello doctor my wife facing breast pain, it coming suddenly or if something/someone hits her breast accidentally, of course when iam squeezing her breast I feeling some kind of small hard thing in side, and she says its paining why is this happening? Please give me description for her, and suggestion.
I am using Urimax 0.4 mg for benign enlargement of prostate. Is there any natural alternative to that?
My uncle (nana) is suffering from pancreatic cancer? what are the remedies to it? he had operation for curing jaundice to install stunt in body to stop jaundice some 3 months ago? now this disease has effected his body very much? please also help Dr. When he has been done with jaundice operation for stunt, can he have chemotherapy sessions. And is there any time when to start chemotherapy sessions as his disease (cancer) has been diagnosed some last 4 months ago. The doctor here said after putting stunt in body, chemotherapy can't took place.
Cancer is probably the most dreaded diseases of all. Blood cancer is a common type of cancer and affects not only the blood cells but can also affect other aspects of the body’s circulatory system such as the lymphatic system and the bone marrow as well.
There are three main types of blood cancer. These are:
This type of cancer originates in the blood cells and affects the circulatory system’s ability to produce red blood cells. It can also affect the bone marrow. Leukemia can also be categorized as acute or chronic. In cases of acute blood cancer, the patient may not exhibit any symptoms but in the case of chronic blood cancer, the symptoms may develop quite aggressively. These symptoms include:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weight loss
- Pain in the joints
- Skin rashes
- Frequent infections
- Excessive sweating
- Swollen lymph nodes
This type of cancer affects the lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cells that helps the body fight infections. Lymphoma can be further categorized as Hodgkin Lymphoma or Non Hodgkin Lymphoma with the former being characterized by the presence of B lymphocytes or the Reed-Sternberg cell.
Swollen lymph nodes are the primary symptoms of Lymphoma. This swelling is usually painless and may be accompanied by loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss, night sweats and sudden cold bouts.
This type of cancer originates in the plasma cells. This is yet another type of white blood cells. Myeloma symptoms develop as the disease progresses. In its initial stages, there may be no visible symptoms. With time, patients will begin to notice tiredness, back aches, increased vulnerability to infections, shortness of breath, chest pain and kidney trouble.
Blood cancer treatment varies from person to person. The ideal treatment plan depends on a number of factors including the type of cancer, the stage it has been diagnosed at, the patient’s age and the speed at which the cancer is spreading.
Some of the most preferred forms of treatment for blood cancer are:
- Chemotherapy: This involves the use of drugs to restrict the growth of cancer cells in the body. This may often be combined with stem cell transplants.
- Stem cell transplant: This is a procedure that infuses healthy stem cells into the body. Stem cells have the ability to transform themselves into any type of cells and hence aid in producing new, healthy blood cells. Stem cells can be harvested from the patient’s bone marrow, blood or umbilical cord.
- Radiation: Radiation is used to kill cancerous cells and relieve pain. It may also be used along with stem cell transplants.
He Is in bad condition due to extra enlarge prostate of size 117 please tell me any medicine name which will work immediately.
Dear doctor, my father having prostate problem due to age. He is 63 years old. He is not ready for operation. So I want to know any medicine which can control it?
Respected Sir, I am 22 years old and I think that I am suffering from breast cancer not completely and not sure I self examined I already have sex many times with my husband and I got several information :- 1. My right breast is bigger than left breast. 2. My breast skin is sagged lot more. 3. I got some small type not much bigger stone type (gath) 4. The right breast in the lower side there is (sujan) and swelling in the lower side. 5. In the winter season I got some pain after bathing from cold water and also get pain after wearing tight bra. 6. Also I felt heavy both breast. 7. The center nipple colour of right breast is more spread as compared to left breast. 8. I also have sketched marks in the breast lightly. Sir please tell me from the above information that is exactly sign or first stage or danger stage of breast cancer. Or is it because of sex or intercourse. Please provide me all information to get rid from him, if it is breast cancer Can I take breast tightening tablet or oil to prevent it or any medicine procedure. Suggest me something Sir.
What are symptoms of cancer, what are precautions to be taken to control it and which necessary medicines to be preferred?
My doctor is asking for rs. 45000/- for I-131 treatment after iodine test being done and confirmed presence of cancer nodule near thyroid, after being operated for complete thyroidectomy. Please advise me is it right?
I have 1.5cm hypodense mass lesion in the left kidney. Appearing echogenic on ultrasound with no CT demonstrable fat attenuation within? Renal cell carcinoma? Angiomyolipoma. Then I take biopsy Biopsy result as A1 to A3 renal cortical tissue A4 sections reveal a tumour composed of papillae lined by a single layer of small cells with scant cytoplasm with mild nuclear pleomorphism. The papillae have delicate fibrovascular core Foam cell clusters are seen in an occasional area finally result concludes as papillary neoplasm of kidney pls explain what problem I have sir I am now afraid of cancer.
I am 39 years old and I want to know whether I can detect any growth of cancer at early stage. What are the procedures/tests available to detect any cancer in my body. Kindly advise.
People's daily reported that cancer has become the number one threat to human life. It is a common and frequently-occurring disease which seriously endangers the health of people. Cancer experts have pointed out that, besides the genetic factor, cancer is also highly related to the environmental factors, in which diet is one of the most important.
Relevant researches have pointed out that about one-third of the cancer diseases has something to do with the poor eating habits in daily life. With the gradual improvement of the living standards, people tend to eat more refined foods at the meal, while the intake of coarse grains and cereals is reduced. Such modern poor eating habit will lead to a series of cancers, which seriously affect the health of human body.
- First, lack of cellulose will increase the incidence of colorectal cancer.
- Second, excessive intake of high-fat, high-protein foods has become an important reason for the increasing incidence of breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Third, about 75% of the head and neck cancer is caused by drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Fourth, people who like to eat hard, hot, and pungent foods will easily suffer from esophageal cancer.
- Fifth, gastric cancer has something to do with too much intake of smoked foods or foods which contain nitrate, such as sausage, ham, pickles, dried salted fish and so on.
- Sixth, eating mildewed corn, peanut, rice and other foods or drinking unsanitary water will make people susceptible to liver cancer.
- Seventh, people who prefer to eat sweet and greasy foods are most likely to suffer from pancreatic cancer.
- Eighth, insufficient intake of vegetables and fruits has something to do with colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and esophageal cancer.
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
My father he was suffering from cancer, a tumor forming internally on his left side - side neck, for past 1 year he was taking chemotherapy and the tumor reduced completely. But now its started again. Wt was the solution for this? And if we take graviola fruit does it works?
I want to ask that is breast pressing very tightly and harshly for long time can cause any severe damage to breast? Or not;! Please tell! What r the risk it can cause! As during foreplay my bf presses my breast very tightly and harshly with both hands for long time. I am worry becoz I had listen that breast pressing can cause cancer and it can also damage my mammary glands and breast muscles please tell;! I had also listen that this tight and harshly pressing can damage veins and nerves also please tell! And please also tell some reason for your answer! So that I can be live without any fear! Please help I'm afraid! Please tell in details! Hope you will help! thanks!
Cancer that starts in the testicles is called testicular cancer. Testicular cancer is commonly seen in men who are 25 to 40 years of age. It is generally of two types.
- Seminomas: These grow and spread slowly and respond to radiation therapy.
- Non-seminomas: These grow and spread rapidly, do not respond to radiation, and often require surgery.
While the exact causes for testicular cancer are not clear, the following are considered to be the possible risk factors:
- Family history
- Prior history of testicular cancer
- Undescended testicles
- Congenital abnormalities of the penis or urinary tract
Symptoms: While testicular cancer is often not easy to diagnose, the patient will have symptoms, which he may ignore.
- Painful lump in one or both testicles
- Pain in the lower abdomen and groin area
- Enlargement of the testicles, due to fluid collection
- Back pain
Often, this type of cancer originates in the testicles and spreads to the adjacent groin lymph nodes. It can also reach distant organs like lungs, liver, and brain via metastasis.
The good news about testicular cancer is that the above symptoms would lead to early diagnosis, confirmed by ultrasound and other tests. Once confirmed, even if diagnosed in the late stages, treatment is quite effective and prognosis is good.
Stages of Testicular Cancer
There are four stages of testicular cancer – 0 to III, and treatment and prognosis would depend on the stage at which it is diagnosed.
Treatment: Various modalities are used depending on the stage and extent of spread.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy drugs are used to kill the existing cancer cells and arrest the further growth of testicular cancer. These can be given as tablets or injected into the system.
- Radiation: Either internal or external radiation can be used. External is when a beam of radiation is directed at the scrotum to kill the cancer cells. Internal is when a needle, seed or wire is planted in the scrotum, which constantly gives out radiation to kill the cancer cells.
- Surgery: If one testicle is involved, then it is removed along with the neighbouring lymph nodes. This may be followed up by chemotherapy or radiation in most cases. If distant organs are involved, it may not be removed. Instead chemotherapy or radiation will help control the spread.
- Clinical trials: There are various drugs in final trial phase, and with the risks understood, some men may choose to be part of such trials.
With any of these treatments, surveillance follow-up is very essential, as testicular cancer is known for recurrence. If only one testicle was involved initially, the second one also could be affected later. Infertility is another issue, which needs to be managed in men with testicular cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!