Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M. R. ShashibhushanYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old I have baby of 7 months but today I am finding blood in urine why please ans as soon as possible.
My Son is 17 Months old. I am a working mom. My son was on breast feed till 2 days back. Off late my son has stopped eating breakfast because he sucks milk whole night. From few days he eats only 2 mouths of food in the afternoon and nights. We tried everything, changing the taste, texture, type of food. My sister suggested me to apply female No bite and to stop breast feed so that he will start eating food. I did the same. My son literally cried for 2 nights and yesterday he was quite okay. But still his food intake is the same. I am emotionally feeling very bad. Whenever I lie down he kisses me for milk. He hugs me, looks at me in a sad way. Some of my office peers suggested me to feed him milk for 2 years. My question is what if he still doesn't eat food. At-least before I was relieved he was getting my milk. Pleas suggest me what should I do. Can I continue feeding him for another 6 months. My mom told by now my milk would have become sour. Is it true.
Sir, my daughter is 10 years old, and all of a sudden her height stopped growing. Now she is 3 feet 11 inches. And she is studying in class 5th. You are requested to please guide us, or if you can give us any medicine for her height to grow. Thanks.
Hi. My daughter is 10 months old I want to ask what are things I shud give her a healthy diet for her can I give dry fruits to her if yes how?
My one and half month daughter feeding exclusively on her mother milk. For past 3 days, she has not defecated. Bt,she is urinating properly and taking her mother milk properly. Before this, she used to defaecate daily once or twice. Is it constipation? Should I take her to nearby paediatrician? Or is it normal? please help.
Hi, I want to ask about my 7 years old boy. He is having worms in his stomach. But there is no stomach ache. At night while sleeping his teeth make different sound. Like rubbing one another. We have given albendazole 2 months before, can we give it again now or anything else?
What about" neurocetam 800" 3 times a day to a 10 year old child with 50 kg weight. To stop cerebeller ataxia to grow more. Is this medicine is having side effects of nervousness and depression also wt gain. Is it ok to give or not?
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder resulting from chromosomal aberration. Usually, a person is born with 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes in total). In the case of a Down Syndrome, there is a total of 47 chromosomes (an extra complete or partial chromosome appearing in the 21st pair). This extra chromosome is the main wrecker in chief that triggers the behavioral and developmental alterations characteristic of Down Syndrome.
Depending on the distribution of the chromosome during cell division, Down Syndrome may be triggered by three conditions
- Trisomy 21: One of the most common causes of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 21 is characterized by the presence of an extra chromosome in chromosome 21.
- Translocation Down syndrome: As the name suggests, here a part of the chromosome 21 translocates itself to some other chromosome. There will be no trisomy on chromosome 21. However, there will be extra genetic material resulting from the chromosome containing the translocated portion of chromosome 21.
- Mosaic Down Syndrome: This is a rare condition where some cells will have 46 chromosomes (23 pairs) while few others will have 47 chromosomes (trisomy 21).
Symptoms characteristic of Down Syndrome
Some of the symptoms synonymous to Down Syndrome include
- The face appears flattened with a short mouth and a protruding tongue.
- The ears, neck, arms, and legs are shorter than usual.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome usually have a short stature.
- The muscles also lack proper tone.
- Children with Down Syndrome are often found to have impaired cognitive ability. The condition also affects the memory, both short, as well as long-term.
Managing a child with Down Syndrome
No parent would ever want their child to suffer from Down Syndrome. Along with the medications and therapies, as a parent, you should also be prepared to manage the situation well.
- The situation is by no means easy for you, but if you get weak or panic, things will only go from bad to worse. Thus, you need to be strong.
- Be in constant touch with the attending physician to know the progress of your child.
- If your child is still very young, get them enrolled in the special enhancement programs. These programs play a significant role in improving the language, motor movements, as well as developing the various self-help skills in the Down Syndrome children.
- Connect with families dealing with identical situations. Discussing your problems with them or learning about theirs can help in better management.
- Your concern for the child is understood but do not snatch their independence. Give them the freedom they deserve. They might make mistakes, but it will help build their confidence.
- If the situation demands, get your child admitted to schools which are specially designed for such children.
- Do not keep your child confined within the four walls of the home. Take them outside. Let them interact with people. Indulge in family outings and get-togethers.
- The situation may be difficult but not impossible. Have faith and do what is in your hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!