Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. M R ChandrasekharYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 6 th day of period. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Her mensuration period is 36 day.
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
I am suffering from diabetes, high pressure. My USG report shows that I am having fatty liver, bulky uterus, chronic kidney disease. Inspite of doing exercise, my stomach looks as if I am pregnant. Pls help me by giving remedy. Thanks.
Hello sir 3 months has been passed but my wife haven't periods we had a sex on 13 january and my wife periods date is 26 february. I had also checked 2 times with testing kit the test is always negative. Sir please tell me what should we do my email is: kaushalgautam9878@gmail. Com.
People are vastly uncertain about the idea.
Does a cell phone in my denims affect my fertility?
Results of a recently conducted study reveal that if men kept their cell phones in their pockets during daytime, potency was seriously affected in nearly 47% of cases!
And the stat is alarming.
If a man uses a cell phone for as little as an hour a day, it could result in lowering sperm levels significantly.
The study even shows that if the cell phone is close to the testicles, or within 1 or 2 feet of the body, it can lower sperm count to a level that conceiving could be difficult.
One of the basic ways of overcoming the problem is that if one wears a suit to work, he should put the mobile phone in his jacket pocket instead of trousers. So this would prevent the sperm count from dropping, or dropping too much!
- Yet another important revealing from the study is that using a cell phone affects the fertility in just 11% of cases, but when the phone is close to testicles, fertility could be affected in as much as 47% of cases.
- Let's quickly run through some of the key findings of the study. A team of doctors monitored over a 100 men who attended a fertility clinic for a year.
- As per Professor Martha Dirnfeld from Technion University, the doctors analyzed the count of active swimming sperm and also the quality. Sperms showed some depreciation on these parameters.
- The professor further explained that the underlying cause seemed to be heating of the sperm by the cell phone, and also the electromagnetic activity.
- Results of the study reveal that some of the other actions which could be detrimental for sperm health are speaking on the phone while it was charging and keeping it only a few centimeters from the bed.
- One could go through the findings of the study in the journal Reproductive BioMedicine. These form a very clear link between dropping fertility rates in men and use of cell phones.
- Dropping fertility rates in men are critical in nearly 40% of cases wherein couples have a difficulty in conceiving.
- In case of women, Professor Martha Dirnfield expressed that since women don't carry their mobile phones on them, there is a reason to believe that the phones won't affect their fertility.
- However for men, not keeping the phone on the bedside table, and avoiding keeping it in shorts or pyjamas pockets could act as the first step towards rectification of the problem.
- A discussion with experts in the field reveals that this is likely to be more of a problem when we take younger men into consideration. If a couple is trying to conceive and the problems persist for over a year, then this just might come across as an issue which might need to be looked into!
- Stay-On Capsules are a miracle of Ayurveda delivered to your home in a safe and secure packaging. While being very effective for ensuring sexual well being and letting you get over sexual dysfunctions, Stay-On Power capsules are 100% herbal and free from all side effects.
Its been five months since m married I still dint get pregnant I wanna conceive asap m eager to get pregnant. please guide.
Breathing deep is found to be effective to enhance sexual activity and pleasure both in males and females. So pull in air deeper to feel have a greater satisfaction. Happy Breathing!
Brief knowledge about causes of PCOS
I'm Dr. Sunita Gupta. I'm Consultant Gynecologist at Max Hospitals, Saket, and Panchsheel. Today I'm going to talk about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome consists of three symptoms. One is Anovulation. Anovulation means there is no egg formulation in the ovary. Second is Hyperandrogenism which an is excess of male hormones in the body, and third is Cyst in the body which is visible in the ultrasound. So the main symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are obesity. Most of the patients of Polycystic ovary have obesity. Obesity worsens the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and it is a vicious cycle and Polycystic Ovarian people have more obesity because what happens is that the female hormones get deposited in the fat and that's why there is deficiency of female hormone in blood of Polycystic patients and all that's why the male hormones starts dominating the system and all the male symptoms start appearing like acne, hair on the face or on he body, excessive hair on the body, irregular cycles. So, obesity is the main culprit in the patients. So, if they lose weight then all the symptoms regress because the hormone in the fat goes back to the blood and all the hormonal imbalance gets corrected and all the acne and facial hair everything will disappear.
Second thing is acne which is very common in Polycystic Ovarian patients. So many times patient go to a skin specialist for acne treatment and then they discover they have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So for acne is again because of male hormones in the blood and sometimes it a response to local applications which the skin specialist gives to them. But sometimes they need to take hormonal treatment. We give the oral contraceptive pills to these patients for correcting the acne. Basically the oral contraceptive pills have perfect combination of female hormones which your body, ovary should be producing. But the in case of Polycystic ovaries the ovary is producing more of male hormones, little bit more male hormones.
So once we give pills from outside the body gets the signal that there are enough hormone in the blood and there is no need to make any more hormone. So the ovaries stops working and the male hormones also stop getting formed and all the symptom then gets regressed till the patient is on he pills. Once the patients stops the pills again the ovaries take over, again the male hormone starts getting formed by the ovaries and again the symptoms may slowly appear. So once the patient has been kept on OCPs for 6 months she may become alright for 1-2 years and again the symptoms may come back.
So Polycystic Ovary disease is a not disease which can be cured by a 6 months treatment or a one week treatment like any fever or antibiotic you give and the patient becomes alright. This is a lifestyle disease which is going to be there for the rest of your life. You can keep it under control by having a healthy lifestyle or maybe taking some medication if required or you if let it go if you allow yourself to gain weight then it can become worse and get out of hand.
If you want to know anything more about PCOS you can contact me on Librate.com or Max hospital, Sanket and Panchsheel.
I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection. But next morning I took i-pill as contraceptive pill. The expected date of my period was 9 may. But I didn't got period. Plus I also have abdominal pain. What should I do.
Dear Sir/Mam; Till what time we can enjoy love making after pregnancy. Can we enjoy the same till 6 to 7 month of pregnancy. Regards.
I had unprotected sex post my lmp. What is the earliest I can take a hpt. What are the chances I can get pregnant. I have one baby and last month did a sonography and all my reports were normal. I fee bloated and slight cramps at nights.
After made sex, semen inserted was coming out of vagina. Don't know how to stop it from coming out. Because of coming out am afraid whether my wife will become pregnant or not. I wish my wife to be pregnant.
I delivered a baby girl on 4th may through cesarean operation. But my belly size has increased. please suggest me to decrease belly size.
Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected. As a result, they miss opportunities because they are too focused on looking for something else. They go to parties'; intent on finding their perfect partner.
I am having pcod. Dr. suggested me ovarian drilling if I could not get periods with medicines goecysts tablets & gycon syrup within this month. She also suggested me to follow diet & exercise to reduce little weight. Im 54 kgs with 5 height. How can I reduce my weight and pcod? I am afraid of operation. Only one month left to decide for operation.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.