Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M P ThriyambakaYour feedback matters!
I have cold, its very difficult in morning and night times, I have throat pain, what is the treatment for that? Please help me.
Hello doctor, I am 20. Year old boy and I have cough and throat infection last two days. what should I do? please tell me.
I got the feeling of something being stuck in my throat every time I swallow. This has been going for a month now. It keep coming and going every day. What is this.
My throat feels jammed from three months. It gets worse in morning after sleeping. I took many medicine but don't got any effect. Help me.
Mere kanon mei seeti bajati hai 24 hours. Samajh nahin arah ki me kya karun. Kripaya mujhe guide karen. Jitna jaldi ho sake utna. Thanku.
I am 19 years old and I have redness on my throat and tonsils its start paining I can not eat anything. It happens per 3 months. What should I do.
Sir pus secretion from my father' s ear is not stopping. Since six months. What could be the reason? is there any home remedy? please answer
I am 21 years boy. I have heat problem in my body. Some times blood comes from my nose what are the remedies to overcome that.
Dr, I have a pain in my throat for 2 days and as a result I feel difficult to talk at night and cold conditions and I do not think its the problem of cough. I feel pain on the left part of my throat while touching. I have both smoking and drinking habits (mild)
Sir sure na no problem. It is somewhat at end of mine tongue. N even throat. Im scared seriously. Vallath papillae type it is. I had consulted an E N T they said it is" chala" or ulcer.. Some round type papillae r there. What should I do.
I am suffering from loss of appetite from 2-3months, when I take some food then feel a burning in lower throat and chest. Also I have worm problem.
When I will sit for a long time after sit when I will stand then I will feel vertigo so what can I do for solve this problem?
Sir I have referred by capf's medical exam due to my tympanic membrane perforated. But I have test PTA & impedance AUDIOMETRY the results is hearing in my right ear 18 & left 15 decibel. Sir is it clear?
Sir I am 17 year old. Sir I have a question regarding runny nose and cough how we stop these types of problems within a day.
Recently from last 4 to 6 months my mom is suffering with snoring problem when she slept. And day by day it is increasing gradually. So please suggest how to get relief from this problem. My mom's age is 38 and weight is 76. And she has a problem of unwanted hair growth on face due to hormonal imbalance (menstrual cycle. So is this the reason for the problem of snoring?
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.