Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My mother of age 51 is suffering fron nerve disorder. She can not sleep at night if she starts pondering on something that is against her favour. How can she get rid of these problem.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
4. Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
5. Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
6. Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
7. Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
8. Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
9. Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
10. Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.">
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
Related Tip: "6 Foods That Help You Lose Weight"
I am 20 years old I had my last periods on 23 june 2015 my bf fingered me on 21 july could I be pregnant I am not irregular with my periods.
Its been 12days since my last periods (8 april) and all of a sudden my periods started today (19 april). What should I do? What is the reason behind this?
Although no one can entirely avoid catching a virus, a sincere effort to prevent the onset of a viral infection should definitely be made. True, that vaccinations really help curb the onset of flu and other viral infections, but a healthy diet and lifestyle are as essential. A nutritious and balanced diet along with regular exercises, will ensure that the immune system of the body remains strong, thus protecting you from viral fever and cold. If you are quite susceptible to cold and the flu, it is a cause for concern as it indicates poor immune system functioning. In this case, ensure that you bring certain changes to your diet and maintain good hygiene.
Here are a few tips which will help you stay away from viruses and infections-
- Make sure you take in plenty of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known to offer great protection against viral infections such as cold and the flu and the best source of it is the sun. This is why cases of flu are more common during the winter months, when the days are short.
- Wash hands: Make it a point to wash your hands before every meal and after every visit to the toilet. Ensure that children do the same and consciously inculcate this habit in them. Most viral infections are spread through touch; while one can definitely not stop contact with other human beings and things, viral infection can be greatly avoided by maintaining this hygienic habit.
- Eat warm meals: Viruses can live under normal temperatures, but die due to high temperature. Thus, ensure that you eat warm meals to prevent the onset of viral infections.
- Try not to share personal utilities: Sharing personal belongings such as razors, toothbrushes and towels is another easy way of catching a virus. Avoid doing so especially when you are aware that viral infection is pretty rampant.
- Make sure you get your vaccinations at the right time: Today, flu vaccinations can be taken either yearly or in the span of 6 months. Make sure that you have taken yours on time to prevent the onset of any viral infection.
Viral infections are easy to catch, and will definitely affect your daily activities for a short period of time. It is thus, essential that you take the necessary precautions to prevent such infections.
It is often said that the couples who do most day-to-day activities together are more committed towards each other. But does the same stand true when it comes to watching sexual content or pornography? Well, research certainly seems to indicate that, with a whopping 96% couples watch pornography together. Here are some pros and cons of viewing porn with your partner.
1. It may help you both in discovering your sexual preferences
It is important for both you and your partner to be on the same page when it comes to discovering your sexuality and figuring out each other’s sexual preferences. Just like adolescent sex education, pornography too educates you about the mechanics of sexual play. It is a useful tool that brings out the kinky side in you and makes you more open to discussions on things that pique your curiosity in the bedroom. As and when you see such visual imagery, it may appeal to you enough to try it out with your partner. Discuss such desires with your partner. This may help you in discovering what really turns you and your partner on.
2. It may help you in maintaining sexual fidelity in your relationship
Watching porn together with your partner can potentially increase the intensity of physical attraction between the two of you.This, as a result, leads to greater gratification for both of you, and if you are sexually satisfied by your partner, you are less likely to look for pleasure outside your relationship. Also, it is way healthier to indulge in it as a team rather than discovering your partner watching porn alone.
3. It may help both of you to pick up newer positions
Porn has the ability to expose you to new and exciting positions you never knew. About 58% of couples who viewed pornography claimed that the shared activity had a positive effect on their sex lives. New moves and unique positions are known to spice up sex lives. Men can surprise their women (or vice versa) with an exotic move or two. Porn may also help in decreasing shyness and in opening up your minds so that you can pick up and practice new moves.
Although porn viewing may consist of potential benefits, it may also affect your relationship adversely. When watched in excess, porn may cause certain problems in your relationship, which are-
1. It might set up wrong expectations in reality
Porn movies give you a warped view of what beauty is. It may cause you to have unrealistically higher expectations from your partner, whereas the reality may not match your imaginitive hopes and standards. As a result, it may also lead to frustration, aggression and infidelity.
2. It may lead to pornography addiction
The visual and physical appeal of porn may impact a person’s mental or social well-being. Increased porn viewing may hint at a person’s social isolation, loss of interest in career and other activities etc. It may also make you highly dependent on it, as it allows immediate sexual gratification. As a result the usage may go out of control and relate directly to compulsive behaviour.
3. It may affect your sexual drive and libido
Making love to your partner in real-life may become a foreign concept, as porn can decrease your physical drive with the possibility of making you sexually lazy. Porn may also have certain side effects including probable loss of libido and even difficulty in lasting longer. It may also make regular intercourse seem boring as it may not have the same sensual and visual appeal as pornography.
After realising its various pros and cons if you want to use porn, it is advisable to not use it as replacement but as an accessory for better sexual well-being.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Me and my gf had sex without protection and ipill was given on time, she did not have periods and then again in the same month v had sex and again ipill was given, still there are no periods and the month is about to end.
Hlw sir, I am worried about that my pre-ejaculation fluid touches my wife's vagina bt I don't penetrate only my pre-ejaculation touches her vagina. Is she will get pregnant we don't want to become parents now. If she get pregnant how we will stop pregnancy.
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.