Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. M N KarthikYour feedback matters!
I have a low back pain for 1year and I am not able to sit continuously for 3hours with out support so please tell me how to overcome.
I have fever. Yesterday it reached 102 at night. But fingers are paining. I am not experiencing any joint pain.
I have severe shoulder pain from past three years. Any home remedies. Because I don't want to have tablets.
I am 29 year old and facing heel pain from last 2 month. When I sit for more than 15 min then I am facing this problem. I am not able to walk due to heel pain. What should I do?
I have been lifting weights for a long time. In the last 2 years, including weighted squats. I've been experiencing a clicking sound in my knee when I'm climbing stairs. Can you please help.
I am 30 years old female I have joint and muscle pain in 2 years ago my diagnosis report is esr 85, crp 10. 1 mg/l and ana antibody is 0.39 od ratio now I am taking a medicine indocap sr, saaz igm hcqs 200 mg and raveva dsr but the pain will not clear please advise me what shall I do.
I have been suffering from multiple joint pains including shoulder joint, elbow, hip joint, knee. Its been going on for 3 weeks now. I have taken anti inflammatory almost daily and oral steroids for past 10 days. My ESR has come down from 55 to 36. My glucose and uric acid levels are normal. CRP is positive RA factor is negative. But in mornings its still very painful to walk and stiff joints. What shall I do next?
My wife is suffering cervical spondylitis. What should I do. Dr. said this. Symptoms are pain in left arm, neck and goes to head. This is happening since last 3 days. Please give me advice.
I am a 38 year old male. For the last one month I m feeling pain in the joints and backside of palms of both the hands. A little bit swelling on the backside of palm of left hand. Is this due to uric acid or something else. I am non-alcoholic and vegetarian.
I am under taking treatment of spine tb. I have completed 11 month treatment but yet I fill pain when I site around 2 hours what is the reason behind it can you tell me? And what can I do?
After my pregnancy ,I am suffering from severe leg pain now it's almost 6 months. What should I do ? Whether I should consult to orthopedic or MD medicine doctor?
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.