Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hi Doc I have recently gone through the root canal, of upper front teeth, Do I necessarily need to go for crown of same teeth. ?
I had a collision with my friend, in which I have make a tooth loose. That tooth is now loose in grip. So how can I recover it again?
It often happens that one or more tender areas inside your mouth make eating, drinking or talking painful. They might deprive you of a spicy meal or of the pleasure of drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Little sores (know more about the mouth sores) that come in the way of your otherwise content life are mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are white or yellow open sores with an itchy red ring around them. They can appear on your lips, at the base of gums, on the soft palate, at the sides of your tongue and in the hollows of your cheeks.
They are formed on non keratinized mouth tissues and can create a constant burning sensation. Ayurveda focuses to improve a person's health through a diet regime, the use of herbal compounds and through the implementation of health practices which are mostly unheard of. This traditional branch of medicine can prove to be very effective if tried out under the supervision of a reliable practitioner. It is because of its usefulness, governments of several countries across the world endorse researches in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
Take care of mouth ulcers in the following ways:
- Use a decoction of leaves: It is good to gargle with the liquor of a few kinds of leaves; certain leaves can relieve you of the burning sensation. Leaves of the guava tree or mehendi and aamla leaves can be boiled in combination with alum to extract a thick decoction. Washing your mouth repeatedly with this decoction will help you to treat ulcers.
- Remedy constipation: Constipation (know more, how to get relief from constipation) has been steadily associated with mouth ulcers. To remedy this problem one can take Triphala Choorna.
- Avoid anything piquant: Compromise on taste and turn away from hot and spicy food. Not having anything hot and peppery results in immediate relief. Tea, coffee, curd, pickles and even tobacco or alcohol should not be consumed during this period.
- Try Licorice: Chewing a piece of licorice can help you in getting rid of oral ulcers. Licorice is known to counter any kind of mouth decay. It also benefits the health of your teeth. When this is boiled in water, you can sip on to the resultant sweet drink and almost forget pain.
- Try Chebulic myrobalan: Chebulic myrobalan needs to be consumed in its powdered form. You can add honey to soften the powder. Use of this compound will surprise you with is effects.
- You may apply Irimedadi taila: Direct application of this oil on the ulcers can be of great use.
Many cases of bad breath may be readily alleviated by:
Proper dental care and oral hygiene, including daily flossing.
Gentle cleaning of the posterior portion of the dorsum of tongue (e.g., with a plastic tongue cleaner).
Rinsing and deep gargling with an effective mouthwash (in order to get the liquid as far back as possible without swallowing it, one can extend the tongue while gargling). This is most effective when done at bedtime.
Eating fibrous foods (a healthy breakfast is recommended).
Chewing gum briefly (5 minutes is often sufficient) if the mouth is dry, or after meals, especially with high protein intake. Sugar-free gum is preferable.
Sufficient water intake.
Decreasing alcohol and coffee intake.
Sir I have gapes in my teeth. So I want them to get minimised. So please suggest me something. I am 23 year old. And want them to repair as soon as possible. Also please tell me how much time it will take to get repair.
I am a 31 old male. For the last couple of years I am having bad breath. I dont' know the reason why. When I wake up in the morning the bad breath smells very strong but after brushing my teeth it goes away then I take my breakfast at 8 am in the morning then everything seems fine for 2-3 hours but after start working in office near about 11 am it comes back again and stay untill I am having supper I am afraid to talk with my friends these days because of my strong bad breath. Please help me to diagnose this.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for cracking nuts, removing bottle tops or ripping open packaging can result in chipped or broken teeth.
Hello, I am 25 years old and I remain have my canine baby tooth, does it harmful to keep? what to do?
Sir, I have soar throat since 2008, I have respiratory problem in my left nose, I always feel pain (byatha, dard) in left side tonsil and neck, when I open my mouth I heard some sound (khot khot awaj) end of left jaws. I feel less sense left side of my neck, head and also left shoulder, when I take hard or hot food I feel the food has touched end of my tongue which is not normal than other place of mouth (i have ulcer end of my tongue as per my previous doctor, E.N.T DOCTOR). I take medicine 2 years 2009 and 2010 bur nothing in development. Then I left it for its normal condition (uske bad hum doctor dekhana chhore diya). In April - 2015 go for a normal check up to same doctor, Doctor says its glocitis and give me ointment Amlexanox Oral Paste and also take medicine but nothing is development. Sir please advice what to do.
Female patient of age 70 having tooth pain. Pain in the molar teeth. Having pus beside d teeth having elevation on d gingiva may be cyst. Pt is having hyper tension (BP). please tl me d tablet dosage nd timing hw to tke d table. Age is 70.
Mouth always gets bitter. I have to spit my saliva. Can not drink it cause I always feel like vomiting. I am 9 weeks pregnant. Please advise.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases.
Hello doctor. I have a yellow tooth at front remaining all white. Please suggest how can I make it white.
Hello doctor, my frontal teeths are protruding day by day at the age of 39 steel braces will be work out or removal of frontal teeths (i.E. 4teeths) by replacing artificial teeths will be ok. Which one will be apt for me kindly suggest me. Scaling has done in my case 4 times till date.
Practice Good Oral Hygiene
If you’re suffering from bad breath problems, it is important that you brush and floss twice a day. Use fluoride-based toothpaste that will help you to keep your mouth clean and remove food debris and plaque. It is also important to brush your teeth before you go to bed because bacteria can grow in your mouth while you’re asleep. It is also important that you scrape your tongue to remove any residue that may be building up after you eat your meals.
Keep Your Mouth Moist
Keeping your mouth moist is another way to eliminate bad breath issues which is why you need to ensure that you drink good amount of water throughout the day. Drinking adequate amount of water will help you stay hydrated as well. You can also chew sugarless chewing gums or candies that can stimulate production of saliva in your mouth to wash away food particles and bacteria. Choose chewing gums that have xylitol are always recommended.
Watch What You Eat
Certain foods can trigger bad breath in your mouth and therefore you need to keep log of what food you eat. This will help you to narrow down certain food items that worsen your bad breath problems. Similarly, there are certain medications that also trigger mouth odour, hence it is recommended that you talk about it with your dentist. Stay away from tobacco products and avoid smoking which also leads to bad breath issues.
We recommend that you visit your dentist regularly, at least twice a year to conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and to ensure that your mouth is clean and healthy. Your dentist will also be able to help you know whether the bad breath problem is due to general health conditions or triggered due to any food item or medications.