Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. M D Rama RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 31 years oId. I am suffering from headache since 2 years. My blood pressure is 155. Is it abnormal? What should I do?
My father 3 months ago got heart attack after that we checked his health doctor's said hole in the heart 36 mm but his age is 57 so not possible for open heart surgery so rest of life only take regular medicines. So please guide me any other way and what kind of foods can take and may do all work like usually.
How to maintain gud heart health. Recently had bitter experience that lost my close dude due to cardiac arrest at the age of just 36. He do not have any bad habits.
I was feeling very weak and having slight chakkar as well so I went for health checkup and as of now my concerns are 1. TLC count is lesser I. E. 3700/cumm 2. Lymphocyte 42% 3. Serum cholesterol is lesser 187 mg/DL 4. Hdl cholesterol is higher 54 5. Serum uric acid is lesser 3.5 6. Sodium is lesser 132 7. Globulin 3.10 8. vitamin is lesser 13.3 9. Vitamin B 12 is lesser 190 So is there any major concern? Regarding this.
I am a student. I got chest injured while playing cricket a long year before. Now it is paining. What should I do?
How to reduce cholesterol? Is total cholesterol 261 alarming to start taking medicines? Can the medicine be withdrawn after a good control of level?
Hello Dr, I am jyoti I am 38week pregnant but I am not feeling any sign of labour yet, what should I do please suggest. My all reports are normal.
I am 76 yearsold. I have the following difficulties in my body..Pl.examine them and suggest me Homeopathic medicine/s. 1. I am hypo-Thyroidic --under 150 mcg.Thyroxine Allopathic tabs. daily 2. B.P. is undercontrol with Allopathic drugs like 1.Losonorm 25, Cilinidipine 10mg., Ecoprine 75, Copidogral 75 and Atorwistin 10 mg. 3. Missing Beats of the heart, Irregular heart beat, weak heart beat. --Using Homeo- Digitalis mother tincture --thrice daily, 20 drops in 1/4 th cup of water. 4. Knee pains, both legs,morein right together with backpain (L4, and L5) and in right hip.
Hi, I am 25 years, Today night suddenly in sleep, my middle of the chest started paining when I am changing positions. I observed that there is twitching sensation lower neck right middle of my chest. I guess some nerve might be twisted or something. Is this any serious or what should I di now. Any exercises for this to relieve the pain. I try to Google about it, but couldn't find appropriate exercises. Please help me.
Whenever I bend my upper middle part of body (chest part) for long time, for eg: sitting with back supported on wall, or bowing my head to read something for 5 to ten minutes with bending some part of upper middle chest, I would start getting pain inside the chest, like something is being strained, and the pain will go after sometime until I keep my body straight or lay down on bed straight. This is happening with me from very long time.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.