Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.d. Krishna Swamy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.d. Krishna SwamyYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 22 year old student I have a stomach problem. My stomach reverberated during all the day. I also suffered from constipation. please give suggestion and I want know its reason.
What are the medicines for motion sickness? Getting nausea and vomiting While riding in bus or car. please tell me some medicine.
Sir I sex with my friend's wife, My question is, My friend is having sugar, Can we two of us (me and my friend) can do sex with his wife without using condom, And in how many days 1 one sex can b done, Is there any limit, Is there any problem if we do daily sex.?
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter shivika, whenever she gets up in the morning, she has stomachache. After sometime she feels better. What should I do?
I have a constipation problem and again is there any problem and mild stomach pain after eating please Tell as early as possible.
According to recent study 20 to 30 percent of the males experience this disorder, wherein, they do not have any control over the ejaculation of the semen, such a situation is known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation occurs because of increased sensitivity of the penis, might also be due to any psychological disturbance related to the act of sex. A man’s sexual act ends up or reaches climax with the ejaculation of the semen. Semen is a fluid that the reproductive gamete, spermatozoa. This spermatozoon passes the ejaculatory ducts and reaches the seminal vesicles. This seminal vesicles makes the 70 percent of the semen by producing a whitish fluid rich in proteolytic enzymes, phosphates, citric acid and lipids. Spermatozoa mixes with this fluid produced by the seminal vesicles and gets ready for ejaculation.
There are two phases in this ejaculation process emission phase and expulsion phase.
1. Emission phase: The spermatozoa and the seminal fluids travels through the reproductive structures and reaches the posterior urethra in this phase. This is also known as preparatory phase.
2. Expulsion phase: In this phase the contraction of the bladder neck causes the contraction of the urethra and rhythmic contraction of the external sphincters of the urethra which makes the semen to come out of the penis.
Most men ejaculate the semen two minutes after the penetration. If the ejaculation of semen occurs less than this time then it is called as premature ejaculation.
Few self help tips for male with premature ejaculation
Before trying or seeking help of a doctor you can practise few of these tips to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Masturbate one or two hours before attempting sex with your partner as this may increase the latency period during your actual sex with your partner.
- Use thick condoms to reduce the stimuli and increase the ejaculation period.
- Take deep breaths as this helps to withhold the ejaculation for a short period of time.
- Have sex with in some other positions like with your partner on the top and yourself below.
- Be conscious about the sensation or feel before ejaculation and come out of your partner and divert yourself with some sports or some of other favourite topics of you and your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Flu is caused by a virus known as influenza and is a common respiratory disease. It is typically caused from the month of October to May. Some of the common symptoms include fatigue, runny nose, fever, cough, muscle ache, sore throat, body ache, etc.
The flu vaccination helps to protect from influenza. The effect generally lasts for a year. It is recommended that an individual takes this vaccination once in a year since the strain of the virus keeps changing every year. Flu vaccine comprises of an egg-based technology.
Who Can catch flu?
Anyone can get a flu vaccination. Children above the age of 6 months or more are eligible to get a flu vaccination. In addition, the person who has a severe outbreak of allergic reaction due to the flu vaccination should also stay away from this.
Pregnant women can also get this vaccination without any worry about the baby. They not only safeguard the mother, but protect the child from influenza too. Adults who are more than 65 years old can take this vaccination without worrying. Patients with an acute allergy should consult their doctors before taking a flu shot.
Are there any side effects?
Although most people do not feel a thing after the flu shot, some might experience mild symptoms, such as redness of the area where the vaccine has been injected, mild body aches, soreness, redness and fever. Other serious side effects include allergic reaction resulting in soreness and very high fever. A doctor or healthcare personnel should be immediately contacted in such an instance.
Can flu shot cause flu?
This is totally a myth. A flu vaccine doesn’t result in the flu. The virus content of the flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus that can potentially trigger an outbreak of flu in the body. They are noninfectious in every sense of the word. It takes a couple of weeks for the flu vaccine to build immunity in the body. A person might get affected during this time if he comes in contact with an infected person.
Confusing flu with similar symptoms:
Common symptoms of flu such as nausea, vomiting, sneezing, body ache and fever can be symptoms of an entirely different disease such as diarrhoea. Until the tests are conducted and the doctor gives an assured verdict of flu, it is unwise to take a flu vaccination based on gut feel and mere speculation.
When is an ideal time to take flu vaccine?
There is no right or wrong time of taking a flu shot. It is seriously infectious and can catch hold of a person at any time. The right time to take a flu shot is now. It is readily available over the counter and can be injected at any time of the year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.