Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lopamudra Pradhan
Submit a review for Dr. Lopamudra PradhanYour feedback matters!
Sirs I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I haven't ejaculated any sperms but she was feared of getting pregnant. We had sex on Jan 4 its been three months. She has periods these three months. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
Intestinal parasites-Tape warm, ring warm, thread worm, Whip worm........You would have heard about them.
We all are living in an environment full of toxins and Parasites. Toxins makes our immunity weak, let the parasite get entered into our blood and get settled in our gut. And now whatever good we are having is not nourishing us, but firstly to our tiny unwanted guest.
The signs of a parasite can often appear unrelated and unexplained. It is typically seen, parasites causes more constipation in patients than diarrhoea, but some parasites are capable of changing the fluid balance in your gut and causes diarrhoea. Trouble sleeping, skin irritations, mood changes, and muscle pain can all be caused by the toxins that parasites release into the bloodstream. These toxins often cause anxiety, which can manifest itself in different ways. For instance, waking up in the middle of the night or grinding your teeth in your sleep are signs that your body is experiencing anxiety while you rest. When these toxins interact with your neurotransmitters or blood cells, they can cause mood swings or skin irritation, Rashes or Itchiness.
Few others signs are:
- Iron-deficiency anaemia
- Itchy bottom
- Worms in stool
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Wheezing or cough
- Irritability and general weakness
You can get infected by:
- Walking barefoot in the garden, playground or any infected soil; for example, hookworm larvae burrow through the skin of bare feet.
- Ingesting worm eggs through eating fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and meat contaminated with roundworm or whip worm.
- Washing fruits and vegetables with contaminated water.
- Transfer of the parasitic worms from pets to owner.
- Coming in contact with the soil that has been contaminated with human faeces from an infected person.
- Not washing hands with soap and water after defecating. Open air defecation also increases the risk of worm infestation.
Worm infestation affects normal growth in children and can cause malnutrition in adults too. Thus, it is recommended to de-worm babies in every six months after they turn one. De-worming medication kills adult worms but not the eggs + new infection form above mentioned sources makes repetition of the dose in every six months vital, even in adults too.
In Ayurveda, there are natural remedies for de- worming. That are safe and effective:
- Ajwain (carom seeds): Ajwain seeds taken with jaggery dissolved in cold water early in the morning expels worms during defecation.
- Castor Oil : Take 1 spoon Castor oil and eat 10 gm Sugar on an empty stomach. One of the best remedy for all intestinal parasite. (It can raise the frequency of defecation)
- Bael (Bengal quince, wood apple): The fruit kills the worm within the body which is then expelled with stools.
- Palasha (flame of the forest): Effective in treating roundworms. Take the seeds with buttermilk twice daily.
- Tulsi (sweet basil): Seeds of Tulsi in water or even chewing the leaves on an empty stomach is an effective remedy for all parasitic worms, including tapeworm.
So protect yourself and your loved ones from intestinal parasites. Keep your gut Happy and yourself Healthy.
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Sir, I have protected sex with a women 2 and half months before from the third day of encounter I am suffering from cold which is coming and going and I have a small lymph node in groin which developed from the wound caused by fungal infection do I have any sti I am very much worried.
I got sexually active with my partner. I took an ipill within 30 hours he ejaculated in me. I had two days bleeding after 6 days. I generally have period of only 2 to 3 days. I have done two pregnancy tests. Both of them negative. But I have not received my periods although it's a week late. Do I stand a chance to ge pregnant. Please advice. Which are the symptoms to be notice in very early pregnancy. I feel normal generally.
I am suffering from my mensuration cycle It always delays from the date and I suffer from a severe lower abdomen ache the first 2 days. This time the date was 3rd August but it delayed actually from 4th I am going through a very small amount of blood or no blood at all till today . Can anyone please help.
I had sex with my husband after that I have itching problem at outer part of vagina. Is it serious problem or not. Please suggest me what I do.
Hi, I had unprotected sex with my partner before 2 days of coming periods and after few hours I take emergency pill unwanted 72 and today is 10 October and my period date is 9 October till my periods is not coming what to do?
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!