Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 4 year child having fever since 3 days urine, blood, taifide test already done nothing on it but fever still there as per Doctor it is viral fever will take 3 more days please suggest.
My daughter, 15 yrs, is having phlegm which turned into yellow now along with dry cough prevalent in nights. She was running fever and we consulted a doc one week back and was prescribed antibiotic. The fever subsided next morning itself and we did not use the anti biotic. Now, with dry cough, one ear blocked and scanty yellow discharge from nose, should the anti biotic would be administered?
Hai. My 6 months boy baby having severe cough for last 5 days. I gave medicine as doc. Prescribed dat mucolite and of drops. Suddenly last night he feels like wheeze. So doc. Said that must undergone nephlyzz for days. Somebody said that if take nephlyzz for one time then it will be repeat. Kindly ans me. For dat is der any prob and is it true.
Hi, my son is 11 year old and his hight 134 CM and weight 25.50 Kg. Please advice how we can increase his hight. Please suggest some calcium or proteins medicine for his growth.
3 year abhi mjhe baby ni chahiye. Vomiting ki tarah morning me lgta h food ko dekh k iritation ho rha.
Hello, my aunt had a delivery last month. She didn't have enough milk to feed her baby. What should be given to a one month baby if mother's milk is not enough?
About last 2 weeks I'm suffering from headache and loose motion. And why this problem is to be linked me.
My baby age is 18 month and its weight 8.5 kg woh kuch bhi nahi khata khana bhi nai khata din bhar bhuka rehta he to kya use cypon syrup 5drop de sakte he please rply fast.
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
My 3 months kid is having cough and cold from past one half week, it has improved but again after two days it started, she is having slight fever of 99 . I am giving her nasoclear drops and mantra drops .kindly help.
My 17 month son having problem of potty not clear discharge it is too much hard and panik. He take milk and other food but problem as it is. This problem occuring while from 7 month.
I am 29 years old. I gave birth to a premature baby boy at 35 weeks. Now he is 2 months 10 days old. Without correct size nipple it was not possible for my baby to suck milk from me. Then I started to pump milk and feed him. But it was possible only for a month then milk secretion reduced in quantity and finally got stopped. I took perinorm tablets for one month as advised by my doctor but didn't work. I gave dexolac special care to my baby for first month and then after changed to nan pro 1 as prescribed by the doctor. Now the baby is fine and has increased in weight also. Can I give any food supplements like cerelac or any other to my baby? and should I take any medication or since the milk secretion has stopped, can I leave it as it is now?
My daughter is 2 years old girl. She eats idli, 2eggs, apple juice, moosambi juice, vegetable soup, rice with any curry, 2 banana, 3 times pasteurized milk; and some biscuits and chocolates. But she is very thin. List what should included in her food items. She is very thin how to becom fat?
Hi Dr. I am 36 years old. My first baby is 6 months old now. Breastfeeding is still going. I want to conceive soon for second baby. Please suggest regarding breastfeeding and how I can know that my body is ready for 2nd baby. I have pcod also.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.