Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh MYour feedback matters!
I'm the teaching tennis guy from Chicago. A year ago I had my rotator cuff totally A few months later I had my hip replaced (which was the most painless surgery and recovery!) But in 6 15th I'm going in for my TKR. I was all confident and excited until I read about all
I have body pain always and my knees pain a lot, especially when I climb stairs. I am overweight. exercise worsens my pain so I have taken a break from my gym for a while Really don't know what to do. Could you please help.
My delivery was on 13 th august. I have leg muscle pain in my pregnancy period. Which is still having in my legs. How can reduce it?
Hi I am 39 yrs old I suffering from backache from 6 month it happens only morning before I awake from in morning if happens from 6 am to 8; 30am daily? what to do
I got disc problem and sciatica last year, I am diabetic too for past 5 years. Now sciatica problem is under control but I am getting knee pain when I climb the stairs. I was getting treatment from Dr. Manoj Munjal at Gurgaon, thanks to him. Is it vitamin deficiency or something else, what remedy should I take to overcome knee pain.
Hi.. I want to ask that how to release lower back pain after cesarean delivery. I delivered baby before 1 month. Pleases suggest?
Sir, I am suffering with neck pain from 3months. When I stretch my neck back it is paining. How can I control it?
Hi this is shivam chopra I work in a hotel industry my work at reception so my back is always pain can you please any suggestions or like medicine for pain relief it will be very helpful for me Regards Shivam chopra.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from hypertension since 1 years. Swelling on my foot and face. Please consult me.
I am 29 years old I have back pain from my teen age, whenever I stand for a long period then I am unable to sit suddenly it causes much pain, and when ever I sits for a long period then I cannot stand straight immediate it takes time to stand. Pls help me.
Some time I have feel pain in my solder of right side. automatically it has been ok and get again. My elbow also feel pain when do this. Please give me suggestion what should I do?
I was washing my hair. Suddenly I stand up and my head got injured .there is a small swelling on that area and pain. Can I use thrombophob ointment.
I have dislocated shoulder arm in my right side and in left knee is there any treatment for this in ayurvedic.
I have sciatica pain from last five years start from my lower back to left leg, also I feel too much tension on my left calf. Daily morning at the time of wakeup too much pain feel from lower back to left leg.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
Always make sure that you use the therapeutic hot agents when the injury is in the chronic stage. They can also be used prior to physiotherapy or exercise to decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility.