Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LokeshYour feedback matters!
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion.
Had pid earlier. Taken oflox oz and doxycycline courses. Again after 20 days. Having intense vaginal hole itching with yellowish White discharge. We are using condoms. Husband is not having any symptoms. What is this? Have taken anti fungals also. Having weakness and joint pains too!
Ayurveda addresses the physical, mental and emotional well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, emotional instability is caused by miscommunication between the head and the heart. Here are ten ayurvedic tips to uplift your emotions and calm your inner self.
- Go to bed on time: A good night's sleep is essential not only for your physical health, but also for your mental health. Try going to bed by 9 pm on a regular basis. This will give you a restful night's sleep and allow you to awake feeling refreshed.
- Wake up with the sun: An early start to the day keeps you from feeling dull and tired and boosts your energy levels. This also prevents build-up of toxins in your body and helps keep circulation and internal communication lines clear.
- Go outdoors: Start your day by taking a walk outdoors early morning. This releases positive neurohormones that elevate your mood and activates the body's energy centres.
- Avoid constipation: Clearing the waste created by your body on a daily basis is crucial to having a calm persona and not suffering from low mood swings problem. Drink plenty of water and make it a habit to eliminate your bowels at a particular time of the day to prevent constipation. Eating food rich in fiber or eating a few prunes, figs or cooked apples before going to bed can also help prevent constipation.
- Eat food that is easy to digest: Food that is easy to digest does not cause bloating and other indigestion-related problems. It also prevents the buildup of toxic chemicals and boosts immunity. When your physical health is good, your mood gets elevated as well.
- Try herbs and spices: Spices and herbs help the body absorb nutrients and prevent the buildup of toxins in your body. Try including flavouring agents like turmeric, amla, peppermint oil, coconut oil and cumin in your food to make yourself feel happier.
- Get a massage: A massage relaxes the body and eases stress. It also releases toxins, improves circulation and invigorates the body. Use any oil you like for a massage as each has its own unique properties.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the cornerstones of good physical and mental health. Aim for at least half an hour rigrous exercise or break it into smaller intervals as per your time suitability. Yoga can also be very beneficial when it comes to elevating your mood.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is the yogic way of breathing. This teaches you to breathe slowly and consciously so as to release pent up anger, stress etc and calm the mind.
- Meditate: Regular meditation at the beginning or end of each day can also help calm the body and mind.
My sister is pregnant and her child's heart beat are above 149 so how can she reduce it to the normal please help me with this I am worried for her.
Some of the advantages of exercising regularly are known to all and these include weight loss and better blood circulation. However, the benefits of exercise aren’t just limited to the obvious. A few other not so obvious as well as a few surprising reasons are mentioned as follows.
Corrects your posture: Having a good posture is much more than just aesthetics. A good or bad posture determines your overall health in many ways. Having bad posture may result in localized problems, such as spinal deformities and vertigo among others and may also lead to muscles loss over a prolonged period. Exercising helps in improving your posture by strengthening bones and muscles in your back as well as the spine.
Improves memory: One of the not so obvious benefits of exercising is that it improves your memory. The connection may not seem so obvious, but exercising also improves blood circulation and supply of oxygen to all the body parts including the brain, which results in better memory.
Helps maintain and improve the immune system: The immune system within your body helps fight all the intruders and toxins that may cause an infection or illness. Exercising not only helps to maintain it, but boost it as well. As a result, you will fall sick less often and your immunity will stay strong even as you age.
Ensures your bones remain strong: Bone loss and other related disorders are a fact of life and become more pronounced as you age. However, exercising can curb the rate of decay and help in making your bones stronger. It is important to know that bone strengthening exercises are not the same for all ages and they need to be adapted as per the requirement.
Helps you have better sex: Exercising will help improve your blood circulation, muscle mass, mood and will keep you active. The endocrine glands are forced to work harder to produce hormones to maintain muscle mass and this also contributes to better sexual functioning. Exercising will help keep your sex drive high and help you have better sex by keeping you fit.
Ensures better sleep: Many of the sleep related disorders caused in the body are due to inactivity and lack of physical exertion. Once you start exercising, the physical exertion will help you get to sleep and also regulate your circadian rhythm or daily sleep and wake cycles.
Reduces stress and anxiety: Exercising releases endorphins which help improve your mood and help in reducing stress and anxiety. This in turn can help reduce hypertension and blood pressure, thus helping in controlling other related disorders.
Builds confidence: Exercising will improve your overall appearance and thus, help you have more confidence due to a better body image. However, it also helps by making you feel accomplished as you incrementally push your physical limits while exercising. This will spill over into every aspect of your life and help you be successful or deal with failure better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi doctor, My breast is big and very lose so please tell me how many operation cost please tell me I want to operation my breast and tight my breast so Doctor operation is right decision ya wrong please tell me Suggests me Dr. operation karva na chahiye ya nhi or brest tight karne ki koy medicine ho to please tell me.
Hello Doctor. While making love I rubbed vagina of my girlfriend, I may have also inserted fingers inside. She is virgin. I never inserted penis and it was always very far from vagina. But I may have sperms on my hand but not a lot in amount. Can my girlfriend become pregnant just by this. What are chances of pregnancy. We are very worried. She also has PCOS.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old married women but still I dont have baby please suggest me for pregnancy
I had sex after my period means next day when period is stop, and I take I pill also after that I got period another within six days after sex what it means am I regnant or not?
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 13, 14, 15 May without condom and did not take the ipill also. Today visited a lady gyano doctor she advice me not to take the pill as I was out of my ovulation period which starts from 19th May 15 days after last period. She asked me to wait till my periods and consult her if I don't have periods.
My sister is entering in 4th month of pregnancy on 07-april-16. What precautions she should take and what are other necessary things that she should follow like diet, exercise etc.? Waiting in anticipation. Thanks in advance.☺
Hi All I have small doubt regarding to my mother health issues recently she got some pain near to her right side ovarian and as per MRI scan doctor found it's tumour, now they removed that successfully n sent that mass to pathology as per that report doctor confirmed it's Leiomyosarcoma and as per his words it's very rare cancer which will occur to an soft bones. Now here my doubt is few months back (January) my mother got treatment for her foot (diabetic foot also) at that time they sprayed some medicine which is made up of some platelets. Generally such kind of medicine will cause any side effects like above cancer since that medicine sprayed around wound good thing coz of that medicine her wound healed very fastly. As I am not from medicine background I am just expressing my doubt. So please someone clarify my doubt. I am not suspecting that doctor n medicine since it's research medicine so am expressing my doubt.
My body pains at night. When I sleep after doing dinner. And my wife is pregnant please give good consistency regarding my wife pregnancy.
My wife had a ectopic pregnancy. Before 7 month. Now we are trying for a baby but she is not getting pregnant. What should be the treatment.
These symptoms made her incapable of carrying out her household duties as efficiently as she used to earlier.
Concerned with her pain & apparent symptoms severity, her husband took her to a general physician who prescribed a battery of tests including MRI Brain only to find no abnormality.
Attending Physician prescribed some multivitamin syrups & pain killer medicines & also tried to assure the family that NOTHING was wrong with Shruti.
However, she continued to complain of body aches and headaches, with resultant chaos on home management front compelling her husband to hire a maid to look after all the work including health of Shruti.
Shruti started feeling guilty about this & she started remaining aloof and also had trouble sleeping at night.
Frustrated with the added financial pressure and Shruti's ever increasing health complains, her husband accused her of faking it in order to avoid doing work.
Her in-laws added fuel to the fire citing it was all a drama. This further added to Shruti's sense of guilt and her appetite significantly reduced. 4 months after onset of these symtoms, Shruti lost 10kg weight.
She started remaining on the bed for hours and hardly interacted with anyone. She also started voicing ideas of ending her life in order to relieve everyone off her responsibility & enabling them to lead a happy life!
Now concerned, her parents took the matter in their hands & took her to a psychiatrist.
At the psychiatrist’s clinic, after detailed evaluation , Shruti was diagnosed to be suffering from depression (severe without psychotic symptoms) and the psychiatrist pointed out that the headaches & unexplained body aches were a the starting points of depression itself. She was started on medications and counselling therapy and within 2 months time she recovered completely & once again happily assumed her normal HOME MINISTERS ROLE!
Depression is one of the most common mental disorder and seen in every 4 out of 100 persons as per World health organization (WHO) data
When one thinks of depression; a sad, tearful face comes to mind. But depression is more than just that. unexplained headaches, body pains, sleeping difficulties are often the presenting complaints of depression. Other presentations of depression are chronic tiredness, joint pain,back pain, gastrointestinal problems including frequent acidity, indigestion, appetite changes etc. without any probable detectable physical cause
Depression contributes greatly to the disability caused by headache and backaches. More than 50% of patients with depression who visit general practitioners complain only of physical symptoms and in most cases, these symptoms include pain. If physicians test all pain patients for depression, they might discover 60% of currently undetected depression in their OPD.
Complete Recovery from an episode of depression is possible & achievable to everyone after proper treatment with medicines, counselling sessions & lifestyle modifications!
Next time while visiting your general Physician for any of aforementioned pain symptoms, do ask.....''AM I SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION? DO I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST? AM I RECEIVING ANY MEDICINE WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF A PSYCHIATRIST??''
Remember, Mental Illnesses are TREATABLE!!