Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. I am not feeling nausea anymore from yest. I had my first miscarriage 4 months back. I am pregnant now. Whats wrong please reply. I visited the Dr. this Monday she suggested me to have naturogest Sr 400. Please suggest what should I do.
Hello, It's to know about ovulation date. Regularly periods used to occur 30th or 1st periods cycle will be 28-30 days. Only last month periods delayed till 7th. Now how to calculate ovulation date? Example last few periods date apr30, may 30, July 7 let me know the ovulation date please?
I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am having naturogest sr 400 from the day I conceived. Till when I should have this medicine please suggest.
Mein coriander seed boil kar k pete hu morning mein kahi mjh concieve karne mein problem toh nhi hoge please tell me what can I do.
Desai Bhuma I have been diagnosed for left ovarian hemorrhagic cyst which is 6.3*3.7*2.3 cm in size. I am on hormone therapy only from one day. Can I stop pills and go for laparoscopy or I should complete 21 day course? I am going to abroad for studies after 10 days and will come after a year. What should I do?
I am 33 yrs old female suffering from many problems like wait gained, hair loss, patch on scalp, unwanted hair growth on chin nd face, trying to get conceive from last 3 yrs.
Hey , Me and my girlfriend had sex on his 3rd of period without condom before ejaculation so what are the chances of her to get pregnant and she can take contraceptive pill in between of periods. please help asap.
Swine Flu in Pregnancy
What is Swine Flu?
It is a respiratory(associated with breathing) disease caused by a virus. This virus is similar to the influenza virus responsible for causing the common cold.
The scientific name of the virus is H1N1 type A influenza virus.This strain was earlier known to infect pigs(swine family), thus the name swine flu.It is a new strain of the virus, previously unknown in humans, hence, there is no known immunity in humans against this virus.
What are the symptoms:
There are three main symptoms :
shortness of breath.
and a combination of one or many of these:
Headache, aching muscles, running nose, sneezing, chills, tiredness, loss of appetite, vomiting, and diarrhea.
It is usually a mild disease for most people. Symptoms appear quickly and last for almost for one week to ten days.
How do I know if I am at higher risk?
Certain categories of people seem to be at higher risk for complications from swine flu. These are:
Asians, especially people living in poorly ventilated colonies.
People having associated ailments like - asthma, diabetes, paralysis, previous strokes, spinal problems, and jaundice.
Extremes of body weight;very thin built or obese people.
Teenage mothers, women in their second and third trimesters are at higher risk.
How can swine flu harm my baby?
For the majority of pregnant women, swine flu does not cause any serious damage to the mother or the baby.
Fever in the first three months may increase the risk of neural tube and birth defects.
Fever during labor may cause neonatal convulsions, encephalopathy, cerebral palsy and fetal death.
Pregnant women should always take fever seriously and contact their doctor when the temperature goes more than 100 degrees.
How does swine flu affect me during my pregnancy?
Active infection by swine flu virus may cause miscarriages, preterm delivery, and adverse delivery outcomes.
There is a higher risk of hospitalization/ ICU admission during pregnancy.
Chest infections/ Secondary bacterial infections are common resulting in pneumonia or even brain infections.
What can I do to protect myself?
Protection can be at three levels:
1) Taking general precautions- which is most useful for prevention.
2) Use of vaccines.
3) use of drugs
Use of face masks will not prevent swine flu. Focus instead on hygiene and clean surroundings.
It is safe to consume well cooked pork and pork products.
My friend's , he wants to ask why his wife never moans and even not coming to her best climax. Why this happens ?
I am 30 years old and I am giving breast feeding to my 3 months baby. I observed a small painful lump in my left armpit during my second pregnancy in 9 month, but it disappeared after delivery. Now recently 3 days back I observed the same lump in the same area which is painful. I pressed the lump between the tips of forefinger and thumb it is moving under the skin like ball and it is pea size and deeper too. After sometime pus came from the lump in light yellow colour. Is it dangerous lump or cancer. Iam very much worried about the lump. Did I have to go doctor checkup? which doctor should I go through please clarify my doubts and help me.
My wife done preganews test last day and it was positive. Would you please suggest what precautions we should take care of and please tell me about healthy diet for my wife during every day.
Hi. I am suffering from vaginal problem I get ulcer there from 2 month I am in pain please suggest me.
I do sex with my boyfriend on 25 april 2016 without using any precautions and my bf ejaculate his sperms out of my vagina and then I do sex on 1st may and 5th may and take contraceptive pills but my periods date was 8th may and I do not get periods. So, is there are chances to get pregnant please tell me I am so afraid of it.
We are newly married couple, after long time of sex, her body will be paining a lot, so is there any tablet?
Laparoscopic surgery is also called minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of Laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the medical staff concerned. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day-to-day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a Laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a Laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be embolized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia-related complications during Laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, anti-emetics are followed in the pre-operative state.
- Injury inflicted: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract must be avoided. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.
Common Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections Every Woman Should Know
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications.