Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LokeshYour feedback matters!
After having yamini ls tablet for 24 days. There is a gap of 7 days. Can the menses take place on the sixth day or even on the seventh day?
I have a severe stomach pain for 1st 2 days during periods. I am taking meftaspas tablet minimum 3 per day to reduce pain. I consulted doctor. They performed all tests and said everything is normal. How can I reduce my period pain. Intake of tablets cause any infertility? I also have oily skin and acne. Please give me a solution for my problem.
Imagine yourself in a situation; your son will reach his puberty in next couple of years and you want him to reach this critical age with complete understanding of how a man and woman’s body works. This is not an imagination, but most of us either have already faced this situation or will going to face it in future.
Shivani Misri Sadhoo, an eminent psychologist in Delhi, today’s shares her tips on how to talk to your son about periods.
First you should start a direct conversation with your son; don’t run in circles, tell him about periods and patiently answer all his questions. Be as straightforward as you can. You can start your conversation like:
1. In your school you have seen older boys, their voices sound heavy like your father’s. This happens because when boys grow up they pass through a phase where lot of physical changes take place, both inside and outside of the body. This phase is called puberty.
2. During puberty a boy’s voice change, hair grows in his facial and genital region. Just like that, when girls hit their puberty they start menstruating.
3. Just like birds, mammals including humans come from an egg which is inside a girl’s body. The egg develops inside a girl every month though she doesn’t necessarily get pregnant every month. When the girl doesn’t get pregnant, the egg passes out of her body with some blood.
4. When a girl menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus along with an unfertilised egg and it flows from the uterus to the cervix and out of her body through the vaginal opening. This whole process is called menstruation or periods.
5. A girl bleeds every month for around four or more days depending on her menstrual cycle. Yes, your mother goes through it too till a certain age.
6. For hygiene girls use sanitary pads, which absorb the blood. Hence, the pad is placed near the cervix covering the vaginal area.
7. During periods, some women might feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen area; others may feel a slight discomfort.
8. It is not something to be embarrassed by or something you should make fun of. It is very normal. It is a sign of a girl being healthy. Not getting periods on time is very unhealthy, and might prove to be a big medical problem.
After 6 years of marriage my wife not getting pregnant. All test are normal Dr. Also suggested try normally. My age is 32 my wife is 32. Both blood group is o+
Is it safe to travel in pregnancy during 4th month in a train? Actually we are living in Delhi and wishes to visit our native place at Andhra Pradesh which is above 2000km journey and 34 to 36 hrs journey. Last menstrual period was 28.01. 2016.
I had my period on 22/9/2016 and again on 20/10/2016 but this month blood flow was less, was it normal to happen like that?
My wife has just delivered a baby & when ever she is feeding our baby I can't resist myself from sucking my wives breasts I have even drank her breast milk. Please tell me can I continue drinking my wives breast milk & if it is healthy.?
Hi Doctor I had sex with a girl and accidentally she got pregnant and she trapped me now she is not willing to abort how to abort please give me advice.
My wife is in her 4th months of her pregnancy. But her belly hasn't swelled much, may be just a little swelled. Is it OK or serious.
Sir me and my wife had unprotected sex on 14 and 15 march and she took ipill on 16 march morning. But on 22 nd she got period of 5 days. But her next due date is 6th april. Then she again on 5th april got period like blood flow but now it is brown in colour. And on 6th she got 2-3 drops only brown blood then it stopped. So as she can not take a pregnancy test as she is far from home. So please suggest it is one of the pregnancy symptom. Or due to her due date on 6th and previously on 22 march she got period. Then it is only simply. Please suggest. But she went to sea and after took bath their she feels fever. She took medicine. And it is clear. But now also in next day she got fever. But at night. Whole day no temperature in body. But at night around 12 fever came and at 5 am it disappeared. So please suggest is she pregnant or its only fever due to fever bath change.
Me and my wife we are participated in sex without protection on 13 th day after she's period. There is any possibility to get pregnancy? Now we are not plan for children. What are safest days to participate in sex without condom and ipils.
Hello doctor. My last period date was 5th of Feb, i have 28 days cycle.I had unprotected sex on 2nd march. My periods were suppose to come on around 5th to 6th march but its delayed by 5 days. Could I be pregnant? please help as v r not planning baby as of now.
My wife has 1st pregnant her last period date is 15.7.16 so tell that now she has how many months and she not had baby movement.
Meri sister ko 30 days pahle baby hui per ab usse dudh nahi nikal raha hai bahut pain ho raha hai please help koi upay bataye. Thanks.
Hi doc I'm 5 months 1 week of pregnant having low lying posterior placenta. Just 2 days back I'm getting pain just 2 inches above the uterus? I'm really getting worried Doe's it leads to any problem? Please advice me than.
My wife age is 40. There is a irregular period.We have a one female child born in 05/02/2007.Her stomach is expanding.
I am O -ve, and my wife is O ve. We have been trying to get pregnant for last 5 months. All her tests are normal, and my count is also about average. Is having opposite blood group types a problem in getting pregnant?
Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol.
There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil --
What we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an italian, a spaniard, a greek! enjoy!
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.