Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lokesh Babu
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh BabuYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from heel pain from more than 1 year. So many tests had done by Allopathy doctor. Everything is normal in all the reports. Taken Allopathy treatment, Ayurveda treatment and finally Homeopathy treatment also completed but no use. Still I am suffering from heel pain. If I stand for more than 10 mins in a single place then the pain is increasing. I am using only Soft slippers because of heel pain. How to cure this heel pain permanently?
I am 52 old male. I am suffering cough cold with body pains since last two days. I am a heart patient and using regular medicines as prescribed by cardiologist.
Pain is a feeling of distress that is caused by intense damaging stimuli. It is one of the most common reasons that compels the patient to consult a physician and take painkillers. In the long run, painkillers have adverse effects on our body. While most of the times, the cause of the pain is diagnosed, there are cases in which the cause remains undiagnosed. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on symptoms and has no side effects and thus, it is most effective in the treatment of both muscle and joint pains.
Here we give you a list of common homeopathic pain medications that are prescribed to give relief to patients and the circumstances under which they can be used.
- Bryonia- It is given when there is a hot swollen joint, pain from overuse of body part or injury. The slightest movement aggravates the pain and is relieved of the pressure on the affected part.
- Causticum - It is recommended for muscle spasm, stiff neck and pain. The character of the pain is sharp and tearing and is caused by cold dry weather. The patient is relieved by the warmth.
- Arnica montana - Arnica is suggested when a patient has sore, bruised feeling all over the body. The patient is very sensitive to the pain and everything on which he rests seems very hard. Arnica is a top remedy in case of injury from falling, sprain and bruise.
- Rhus toxicodendron- A first choice of remedy in case of rheumatism and back pain. The right side of the body is especially affected. The patient experiences stiffness and aching pain that aggravates during the rainy season, in the morning, on exposure to cold and also by rest. Pain is relieved by moving the affected parts and by warmth.
- Cuprum metallicum- It is given in cases of muscle twitching or severe muscle spasm. The patient feels better when the painful area is massaged.
- Magnesia phosphorica - This is the best medicine for all types of pain, especially when the pain is in the right side of the body. The pain is aggravated by cold and movement and is relieved by heat and rest in the general. This is suggested to relieved lower abdomen pain during menstruation.
- Pulsatilla- This is an excellent remedy for rheumatic pains that shifts from one joint to another. Homeopathic medicine is suggested after a thorough understanding of patient symptoms and the medication differs from patient to patient. So it is better to consult a homeopathic physician to select a suitable medicine to get relieved from pain.
Sir mai jab bee sunlight mai ratha hu tu mara sarer me pain hota hai asa lagta hai ke koi sui chub rahe ho.
How can I get off from my body pain and what can make me easy to have my abs a proper diet diet plan.
Hello sir my name Is Mustaq hussain khan and since from one and half week I am having headache and body pain also what is the exactly issue can you suggest. Me.
Swelling or edema of the legs and hands is a very common condition and can be due to various types and reasons. The medical term is peripheral edema, the arms and legs being the peripheries. It is often due to fluid retention and in some cases, could also be due to blockage of fluid movement or excessive fluid in the body.
It can also be sudden or gradual – swelling that happens suddenly is usually due to prolonged standing or walking which leads to poor venous return. Gradual swelling is more a cause for concern and implies underlying disease.
At a cellular level, there is leakage of fluid into the surrounding tissue, which causes puffiness. In order for the kidneys to maintain fluid balance, they accumulate more fluid, which gets into a vicious cycle with both intracellular and extracellular fluid accumulation.
There are many causes for edema, but the following could be specific to vascular issues.
- Prolonged sitting or standing: When there is long periods of inactivity due to sitting with feet down or standing, there is fluid accumulation in the feet. Over a period of time, it could also affect the valve function and worsen the condition, causing it to be a chronic issue. Let's take a look at some of the common causes:
- Pregnancy: The hormones lead to overall body fluid retention, and so feet swelling is very common with pregnancy. The good news is that it subsides soon after delivery.
- Blood clots in the legs can affect blood flow, leading to swelling
- Heart failure
- Varicose veins, where there is a vascular issue leading to swelling
- Liver cirrhosis, which causes ascites and feet swelling as the main symptoms
- Lymphedema: Any improper lymph circulation also leads to hand and feet swelling
- Any tumor or infection along the path of circulation can lead to fluid accumulation, due to impaired blood/lymphatic flow.
- Skin gets stretched, shiny, and loses hair
- There could be dimpling, where if the skin is pressed for about 10 seconds and released, it could take time to return to normal
- Stiffness of the surrounding joints
- Weight gain
- Fullness of nearby veins
- Increased blood pressure
Treatment: This would depend on the cause of the edema.
- In transient cases, lifting the legs up often helps in release of the edema.
- Underlying liver or heart conditions need to be treated to relieve the edema. Diuretics, which promote expelling of fluid from the body, are often used to reduce edema.
- The infection or tumor or growth along the path of the blood vessels tree needs to be treated either with medications or surgery.
- In cases where there are vascular issues, surgery may be required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!