Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh B. MYour feedback matters!
Sagging skin can come about due to sudden and drastic weight loss, as well as the advancement of age. The supple quality of the skin is gradually lost to age as the skin becomes less firm and tight and begins to sag in certain areas. The skin loses collagen and elasticity which holds the connective tissue together, as we lose weight and begin to age. Also, constant exposure to harsh weather conditions including extreme heat or cold can make the skin sag. Further, sagging skin can also point towards poor lifestyle choices. All this makes the skin appear less firm.
So how can you fix sagging skin? Read on to know more:
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to a dramatic change in your overall looks. One of the foremost ways in which these habits show up is with sagging skin. So it would be a good idea to eliminate smoking and excessive, daily drinking from the menu so that your skin remains younger looking and firmer in the long run. These habits can also make your skin age before time, apart from the other health repercussions.
- Moisturise: Dryness is also a major factor that leads to aging skin. You can switch to a moisturiser that has Vitamin A and C as well as other ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid, which can make the skin look much younger. These kinds of moisturisers helping in replacing some of the lost collagen as they provide nutrients to let the skin breathe and tighten.
- Supplements: Taking vitamin supplements is also a good way to ensure that the skin becomes tighter. Vitamins like A, E and C are of paramount importance for the skin and these nutrients can make the skin shine with good health. So, you can ask your doctor about taking these supplements in order to make the skin appear tighter.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Injectables like Botox and fillers, as well as laser and other methods used to make the skin smooth, can also make it appear tighter and more firm. You can also go through a minor surgery to remove the sagging skin if there is a notable amount that seems to be dripping down.
- Exercise: Regular facial and body exercises will help in gradually toning the body, which will make the skin more firm as well. This is especially important if you have recently lost a whole lot of weight and are suffering from sagging skin. There are many ways to improve the quality of the skin and diet and exercise are the first steps.
Hi my spouse is suffering from frequent pain from last 2 and a half months near the rectum area. Colonoscopy done and it was normal also MRI done which shows little disc but doctor told it's with every person above 30 years. She takes Gabaneuron, Gabapentin, osteovin D3, ashwagandha, shelcal. But still she is in pain. Also she is in Lactation to a 1 year baby. Please help me i'm very sad regarding this and I love her so much, and I don't want to see her in this pain.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
I Had a Little bit Fairer skin before. But After I transfered to other place to live it becomes little bit dull and dark. Which causes affect face skin?
I am student and I have one black lesion or spot on my right bicep and skin around it got blackened and along with the same my back was also has numerous lesions or spots which looks dead and no itching or pain and I want to get rid of all of them I have this problem from last 2 years I used creams suggested by allopathy doctor but no effect and I also used medicines like Ashwagandha tablets prescribed by one of ayurvedic doctor it also had no effect please suggest anything which will have guaranteed effect.
Some women look atleast a decade younger than the age mentioned on their passports. For most of these women this is the result of anti-aging creams and serums. There are dozens of anti-aging products available today. The tough part is finding the right product for you.
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice:
- Start with the Basics: Dehydrated skin and sun exposure are the primary triggers for wrinkles, sun spots and fine lines. To prevent this, start by picking a good sunscreen. When picking your sunscreen look for one that offers an SPF of 30 or more, water resistance and protection against both UVA and UVB rays. If you have sensitive skin, avoid sunscreens with fragrances, harsh chemicals, alcohol and preservatives.
- Understand your Primary Concern: No one product can address all signs of aging. At the same time, using multiple products can do more harm than good. Infact, it can make you look older. Hence, it is important to take an honest look at the mirror and identify your main concerns. Pick a single anti-aging product that addresses this issue.
- Pick a Retinoid Based Cream: Retinoids are the best way to fight signs of aging like fine lines, larger pores and dark spots. Choose between a retinol cream and serum depending on your skin. While creams are betters suited for dry skin, a serum works well to treat clogged pores and acne. Eliminate products that have artificial preserves or paraben.
- Read the Label: Take a close look at the label and pick a product that contains anti-oxidants or is hypoallergenic. Also look for vitamins and polypeptides. This can nourish your skin and keep it elastic for longer. Pick products that have the words 'non-comedogenic' on the label. Lastly, look for the consumer hotline number on the product.
- Patch Test: It is impossible to know how a product will react with your skin before using it. Anti-aging products are intended for use on the face but before using it on your face, you must first do a patch test. A patch test involves applying the product on a small patch of skin on the forearm and leaving it for 24 hours. If you do not notice any adverse reaction, only then use it on your face.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Self diagnosis is often not the best step to take. When it comes to skincare, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist before using a new product. Find a professional you trust and share your concerns with them so that they can advise you on the product that is most suited to you.