Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh B KenkereYour feedback matters!
Some swallow occurs beside my gums on my right side of mouth. When I try to eat something, that swallow skin comes between my teeth, and I am not able to eat anything and I know it's not the sign of new teeth, as on right side of my mouth all my teeth already grew and there is no space for new teeth to grow.
Dental implants need to be maintained carefully after surgery and for that you got to follow a few essential caring tips.
Best caring tips after dental implants:
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Healthy diet needs to be maintained and in this case, only nutritious and soft foods are to be included.
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid cold or hot drinks and foods: You should not take excessively hot or chilled items immediately after dental implants as that might create an adverse situation. This is a strict instruction which is usually given to the patients by their dentists so that implants can be protected and can be maintained in the long run.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Taking painkillers: If the implanted area has swollen up, and it is paining badly, then you should try useful painkillers, but the medicines should be prescribed by your dentist. But do not take these medicines on a frequent basis rather take them only when the pain is severe.
Related Tip: "Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Dental Implant"
I am brushing twice daily using mouth wash though bad breath coming through nose. please give correct suggestion.
I have dental bridge of two teeth in my upper front jaw. Colour of it looks different from rest of the teeth. Colour of bridge is brighter than other teeth. What should I do for matching colour of it.
Hello madam/sir, I am putting braces on teeth before that doctor as put some rubber kind of material in my mouth from last 2 days, which is paining terrible to me, so will you please suggest me some medicine or exercise.
I am 32 years old man I have feeling badly sensitively teeth problem, you can't imagine that, I can't bite any thinks I use to swallow please tell me which the best pest for that I used a lot paste eg sensodent.
I have some dental problem that is my teeth is not white. please tell me the way to clean the teeth.
Is oil pulling good for oral health? I am using Parachute coconut oil. Please advise. This is in reference to this article There was this nice article by that on Oil Pulling. Please check: BREAKING MYTHS ON OIL PULLING – Oil pulling is a technique that involves swishing 1 - 2 tablespoon of oil in the mouth on an empty stomach. This is to be done first thing in the morning for 10 - 20 minutes, making sure that no oil is swallowed. The most commonly used oil is coconut oil, due to its antiseptic properties. This action supposedly draws out toxins from the oral cavity to improve oral hygiene. Yes, it is important to maintain oral hygiene on a regular basis which is why we brush our teeth everyday, rinse the mouth after eating and prevent collection of food in between the teeth. Most important for oral hygiene is the nature of food we put into our mouths. Whether they are whole, fresh, raw and natural, or whether they are fragmented, refined, fried, sugary or machine made, which bacteria in our teeth adore! When it comes to oil pulling, for maintaining oral health, the fact remains that we are coating our mouth with an immiscible (unmixable) liquid. This blocks the porous cell wall in the mouth, preventing the natural exchange of nourishment and removal of toxicity. With oil pulling, this toxicity actually gets trapped within the cell leading to damage. Cleaning of toxins is an automatic, internal function done by the body. When the body is given time, space and energy, it cleans all its toxic debris by itself. Like we don’t do anything for the body to breathe or pump blood, there is no need to externally activate the cleansing process. When cleaning is activated externally, in isolation, in the oral cavity, cells in other parts of the body also get activated. This activation can lead to inflammation, ulceration, induration in either the oral cavity or another part of the body. A domino effect is created. The swishing movement works towards creating a pumping action. This opens up the lymphatic channels which is why the toxins move out. This is short term. Once the channels open, they need material to clean toxin which oil does not provide. Though short term superficial action of cleaning occurs in the mouth, long term the teeth become weak. The fact remains, that Nature does not provide us fat in its isolated form as oil. Nature has provided fat in the form of absorbable fatty acids which are in the form of Nuts. While Nuts are provided by Nature, oil is a refined by-product of Nuts. It is a myth that oil pulling is done using a natural product. Secondly, the fact that not a single drop of oil should reach the stomach is enough reason to believe it is not based on Natural principles. Thirdly, oil makes the medium of the oral cavity, acidic. In acid, germs breed. The oral cavity is full of natural microbial flora, which are necessary and required to break down food. In an acidic medium this good microbial flora changes into so called bad germs. Lastly, ever tried swishing oil for 10 to 20 minutes? Non stop? In that time you could be drinking fresh coconut water, or chewing on a juicy Mango, to ensure a naturally alkaline oral environment!
Flum is coming in the mouth regularly especially after eating food (inside cold) and not allowing me to eat large. I have been prescribed the following medicines AURAMIN FORTE, L_CETRI, PANTOCALM, MOXIFLACIN I took one week no remedy and I can not even food properly. It is not allowing me to eat more. Can I continue the medicines or stop it?
My tooth has completely turned black since long time but it was not paining and nw it has turned sensitive and it pains alot what should I do? Help me out with this tooth pain.
Hello. My tooth gums always bleed. Tried so many solutions but still the same. And my mouth has a foul smell too. Please help me to get rid of all these.
Sir I have toothache in my tooth hall and it's smell very badly. And I want to remove this smell and full fill the tooth hall too. So tell me how I should do this.
Few people are lucky enough to be born with a set of perfectly aligned teeth. This fact and the pursuit for beautiful smile led to the development of braces. Traditional braces did help realign teeth, but are uncomfortable and affect a person's appearance while they are in use. Ceramic braces are less noticeable as the brackets are clear or tooth coloured. Invisible braces are the latest in dental realignment therapy. They are virtually invisible and are not associated with any dietary restrictions unlike the earlier forms of braces.
Invisible braces are also known as aligners. Aligners are similar to mouth guards in appearance, but are custom built to fit tightly around the patient's teeth. These slip over the teeth and are designed to be removed and replaced every fortnight. Aligners may also be removed for eating, brushing and flossing. Each set of aligners vary slightly so as to move your teeth forcefully and correct your bite.
Treatment time of invisible braces depends on how much the teeth needs to be moved. In most cases, treatment takes between 10 months to 24 months. Aligners are also often used by adults who wore braces as children to correct slight displacement of teeth. In such cases, treatment could take as little as 10 weeks.
However, not everyone can get invisible braces. Aligners are custom built to fit tightly over teeth. This makes them unfit for use on children teeth as their teeth are constantly growing and developing. This is typically used for patients suffering from mild to moderately crowded teeth or those who have minor spacing issues between teeth. It can also be used as a follow up form of treatment for traditional braces.
Invisible braces are also slightly more expensive as compared to traditional braces as they are custom fitted.
The first step towards getting invisible braces is an X-ray, dental photographs and impression of the patient's teeth, gums and bite. These are then used to create a digital 3D representation of the patient's teeth in their current positions and their desired positions. The in-between stages are then created by moving the teeth .25 to .33 millimeters in each stage. The number of intermediate stages depend on the extent teeth need to be moved. Each stage is representative of an aligner to be worn for 2 weeks. If a tooth needs to be pulled away or rotated, a small, composite attachment may be bonded to the tooth.
The biggest advantage with invisible braces is that they can be worn without making a person self-conscious.