Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LitikaYour feedback matters!
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body
My gf is virgin and so m I .we decided to have sex .but m a masturbation addicted from past 10 years and while masturbation I ejaculate within 10 sec .so how will I will satisfy her .m I suffering from premature ejaculation. And my gf told me after having sex she will not able to walk normally for some days from that everyone will come to know that we had sex .plz help me out.
I am 25 years old I am from bangalore last night I was doing some work unfortunate I fell down on the ground I had some kind of illness like headache.
#erectile dysfunction is a disease when there is a problem in getting full penile erection or hardness while doing #sexual intercourse or masturbation. It can be caused due to hormonal imbalance, avitaminosis, weakness, stress, #smoking, drinking, or due to some neurological disorder.
Ed can be treated permanently and one can lead a normal life for a long time, we ask the patient to walk for 45 minutes take good diet, stop smoking, stop drinking if a patient is treated for ed nicely then it can be treated once for all.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me.
I watch porn movie for more than 2 hours after that I feel pain in my balls why? It's a normal one or.
Hello everyone, I'm Dr. Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a gynecologist and a laparoscopic surgeon practicing in Rohini Delhi. Today I want to share some information with you about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
What is polycystic ovaries?
These days polycystic ovary syndrome is becoming extremely common. It is increasing in incidence. Nowadays every 2 in 10 women will be having this syndrome. Polycystic ovaries are nothing but ovaries slightly larger in size than the normal looking ovaries. The small cysts form in these ovaries which cause some hormonal disturbances. So having a diagnosis of polycystic ovaries on ultrasound does not mean that you have polycystic ovary in ovarian syndrome. Polycystic ovarian syndrome occurs only when a patient is experiencing symptoms along with an ultrasound diagnosis of polycystic ovaries.
Now what can be the symptoms that occur in polycystic ovarian syndrome?
The symptoms are usually due to the hormonal changes, means that you can either have irregular periods, heavy bleeding or their can be on period at all, then may be increase in body hair increase in facial hair specially and loss of hair on the head. Then their can be weight gain. Patient can become overweight. It can affect the fertility difficulty in conceiving as well as oily skin acne under and also because the polycystic ovarian syndrome. Then their can also be some psychological disturbances. Your patient can experience mood swings and depression. All because of the hormonal changes or polycystic ovaries.
What are the causes of polycystic ovary syndrome?
Cause of polycystic ovarian syndrome is as such not yet known. It is just seen to run in a hereditary fashion. If your mother or elder sister experience problems of this kind you are also likely to have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Now other than these syndrome discussed earlier, you can also experience a lot of long-term consequences on health because of polycystic ovarian syndrome. These patients are more likely for having heart diseases later on in life, very high chances diabetes and blood pressure is there and even higher chances of uterine cancers, developing cancer of the lining of the uterus.
Now how can we reduce the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome. As such there is no cure for the polycystic ovarian syndrome. We have medical treatment but better than that is to have a healthy lifestyle. Polycystic ovaries respond a lot to just having a healthy lifestyle which includes losing weight. If a patient is overweight, the first advice that we give to the patient is to lose a weight even a minimum weight loss of 3 to 5 kgs makes a drastic decrease in the even appearance of polycystic ovaries and betterment of hormones. So having a healthy lifestyle means eating lots of fruits and vegetables, cutting down on junk food. Losing weight in the form of activity having exercised makes a difference in the treatment itself. Along with that any other medical requirement is that then we have some hormonal tablets which can be started to cure the bleeding problems as well as we start them to help the patient to try to conceive. For the long term effects, just having a healthy lifestyle and having a control on weight having regular checkups with a general practitioner. Having the regular checkups of sugar to rule out diabetes or blood pressure and then annual screening for cancer can reduce the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Thank you I hope the information was useful for you.
If you have any queries regarding that you can always contact me on lybrate.