Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lini Balakrishnan
Submit a review for Dr. Lini BalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Should I give egg daily to my 13 months baby boy. Per day how many eggs he can digest. Can I add dairy milk in his daily routine if yes then suggest me the amount please.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Hello. My son is nearly two months old. But he is frequently doing motion/poo, doing this 12-14 times in a day. Is there any medicine to cure this frequent poo/motion. Please guide me. Also he is passing gas frequently.
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.