Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LinggarajuYour feedback matters!
Hi i want to know for my sister she is suffering from skin fungus infection every summer so want should she do?
I am 29 year old male. I am suffering from hyperpigmentation on my beard. It looks so dark and skin is so hard.
I am 23years old female. I have pimples on my face and blackheads on the tip of nose. What should I do to remove those. And I want glowing skin too.
I am a 24 years old boy, I am having a problem. My face is fully covered by some dot marks. please help me.
I have got problem in my piles. Its not bleeding but seems like pimple a outer side of my anus how to cure it? It is giving me pain. I have no problem in going latrine bleeding is also not there.
I wanna get smoother skin on my face. It is quite rough and I have beard all over my cheeks. How shall I get rid of these unwanted hair on my face? And my face dries up very fast. Please help me.
The air is saturated with moisture during the rainy season. This makes the weather humid and everything else damp. This makes it an ideal breeding season for bacteria, viruses and fungi. Common problems of the season like water logging even deteriorate this situation further. Skin-related problems are on the rise during the monsoons, especially due to fungal infections.
Here is a list of a few fungal infections and how you should deal with them:
- Athlete's foot: This disease occurs if the feet are exposed to dirty water for a long time. The skin turns greenish with pus-filled scaly and itchy patches. You can treat this by using absorbent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powder. Soaking your feet in vinegar or bleach solutions can be helpful for getting relief from Athlete's foot. It is also best to keep your feet dry all the time and carry a separate pair of shoes.
- Ringworm: Ringworm infection occurs in the shape of a ring on your neck, on the soles of your feet, in the armpits etc. It can be treated with anti-fungal powder or cream. Also, avoid scratching the infected area or wearing clothes made of synthetic material.
- Tinea capitis: This is a fungal infection on the scalp or in a beard (also called ringworm of scalp). It can be treated using anti-fungal shampoo containing ingredients like salicylic acid which exfoliates the skin and scrubs the infected cells off the scalp.
- Nail infection: Dirt and mud that accumulate under the nails lead to fungal infection in both the fingers and toes. Due to the humid weather during the monsoons, accumulation of sweat under the nails is also responsible for such infections. The preventive measure is to keep short nails and remove dirt from under the nails. Anti-fungal powder is a remedy for this too.
- Eczema: This is a chronic skin condition where itching and bleeding blisters and patches appear on the skin. The disease is often aggravated during the monsoons due to the damp weather. This can be treated by applying salt and magnesium on the affected areas of the skin. Coconut oil helps to provide relief from the itching and burning sensations. A great way to keep your skin safe from these infections is to use only soft cotton clothes during the monsoon season. Materials like silk, satin, polyester etc. irritate the skin and do not allow the pores to breathe, so they should be avoided.