Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lingaraj B Patel
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lingaraj B PatelYour feedback matters!
How to remove sades from my face with the help of home remedies and I have some marks or we can say sometime of holes/marks of small pox so please tell me how to remove them also THANK YOU.
I am recently diagnosed with ulcerative colite (left sided), now my doctor prescribed me mesacol-od, normaxin, omnacortil-40 drugs. Little bit frequency of stool with bleeding improved. I am taking this medicine from 15 days. Please suggest best expert to treat ulcerative colite permanently. Please guide.
Hi, I am 24 years old boy, having chicken pox before a month, now left with dark spots, I am using calamine lotion on dark spots, did it will remove dark spots fast, if not then please suggest some cream or lotion.?
I think it's a fungal infection. I've a lot of irritation in between the fingers of my leg. Skin in that part turns into white and peels off. Please suggest me a solution for this. Or suggest some good home remedies.
How I can. Looking cool and fit. I feel embarrassed in my friend circle. Because everybody looking nyc with white color and my face has so many acns and I am so slim. How. I.can improve myself.
Sir, I have deep dark circles under my eyes and the worst part is; it is Genetic. And I seriously want to get rid of this permanently. Please doc suggest something truly effective. Please.
Skin pigmentation refers to the discolouration of the skin in certain parts. The colouration of skin is attained on the basis of the concentration of a pigment called melanin present in the skin. This pigment is produced by specialised cells present in the skin. Some affect only patches of skin while the other pigmentation disorders can affect the whole body.
When melanin is produced in more quantity, it makes your skin darker. This can happen in cases of pregnancy, sun exposure and Addison’s disease. Under production of melanin causes your skin to get lighter. Vitiligo is a condition wherein patches of the skin are not able to produce melanin. Genetic disorders such as Albinism is characterised by the absence of the pigment melanin in the body.
Other things that can cause skin pigmentation are burns, blisters or infections.
The types of skin pigmentation are categorised as
On the basis of appearance and texture, skin pigmentation is differentiated as:
- Patches of lighter skin
- Areas on the face that have reddened
- Areas that are darker which may be rough to touch or feel
- Any area that has been darkened or becomes light caused by injuries, scratches or burns
Darkening of the skin can sometimes be spontaneous or it may occur due to environmental factors such as sun exposure or sometimes genetic issues.
- Melasma: This refers to the darkening of the skin on the face. It can happen to anyone. Women who are pregnant or take birth control pills are more likely to develop Melasma. Also women who live in more tropical climates are prone to developing Melasma.
- Birth Mark: It is a patch of usually darker skin that is present since birth and is generally life-long. They are usually harmful, but if more of those appear, then it is better to consult your dermatologist.
The most common reasons are infections or injuries. Although, the more severe conditions are-
- Vitiligo: It is characterised by the presence of patches of skin that are lighter than others. This occurs due to the malfunctioning of cells in a focal area that stop producing melanin. This can be serious and you must consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Tinea Versicolour: The symptoms of these resemble Vitiligo, but it is actually a fungal infection that attacks the skin cells and causes discolouration.