Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Linga RajYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old married female, I am feeling dizziness after taking medicine topgest 400, is this a symptom of pregnancy or not ?
I am having rashes on my inner thighs since 1 month, they very itchy, burning and troubling me a lot please give me immediate solution for this problem.
PCOS or poly cystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body. As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Lower inflammation levels: The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate poly cystic ovaries, thereby, producing more androgens.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion: Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor: If you have a family history of PCOS, it's highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello sir I have sleep disorders, I can't sleep properly my mind keeps on working on useless matters, it's out of my control. Can you tell me what is going on with me?
A jelly kind of thing sometimes comes out from my throat and also my nose and throat gets blocked occasionally.
I am suffering from knee pain and my doctor told that it is gout attack. My uric acid level was 8.3 After medication, it reduced to 5.2 and the pain reduced. After the medication stopped, the uric acid level was 6.2 and I am feeling slight pain in my knee again. My doctor says that since my uric acid level increased after medication, I will have to use medication my entire life. I am just 22 years old and I am not ready to take medicines for the rest of my life. Please give me an advice.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.