Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Leena C DYour feedback matters!
Iam not getting my periods on time what should I do to have it on time can use refer any home treatment or any medicine to have it on time.
Lumbar disc prolapse causes severe back pain and radiates down to one or both legs below the knee. MRI shows exact problem. After basic pain killers - rest for a week, do some physiotherapy if pain persists, a pain management specialist is needed. He will see the possibility of a root block at the nerve affected by disc prolapse. If severe degree of prolapse, endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia is best as a day care and minimally invasive procedure.The patient usually is discharged in 12-24 hrs.
From an early age we’re taught that alcohol is bad for us, but is that really true? Drinking yourself silly every night can have disastrous consequences, but having one drink a day is associated with a number of health benefits. The key here is moderation. Moderate drinking can be defined as one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. This is a daily quote system and not to be taken as an average over time.
Here are a few ways your body can benefit from the occasional drink:
- It boosts cardiovascular health: Many types of alcohol are rich in phenols. This helps fight stress, reduces the risk of hypertension and can protect the heart against a number of cardiovascular conditions. Moderate amounts of alcohol can also increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body and influence the clotting of blood. Higher levels of cholesterol help protect against heart diseases while by influencing the blood clotting process, alcohol can indirectly help prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
- It slows aging: Some types of alcohol like wine are rich in antioxidants. This helps flush toxins out of the body and can slow down the aging process. An antioxidant called resveratrol that is found in red wine can even increase the lifespan of cells and activate enzymes that slow down the aging process. It is also said to increase DNA stability thus extending a person’s lifespan.
- It can help fight diseases: Alcohol is said to lower the risk of catching a cold. A warm drink like brandy can also be used to treat sore throats and a cough. Tonic water contains quinine that is anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties. Though medication for malaria is now easily available, tonic water can be used to treat the initial phase of the disease if proper medication is not available.
- It enhances your libido: Excessive drinking can lower your sex drive, but when consumed in moderation, alcohol can lower the risk of erectile dysfunction. Moderate amounts of alcohol also help lower inhibitions and thus encourage people to form sexual relationships.
- It improves cognitive ability: Almost all forms of alcohol contain ethanol that helps neurons resist wear and tear. This can lower a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia later in life. It can also enhance problem solving abilities and encourage creativity.
All of the above benefits are applicable only if alcohol is consumed in moderation. Thus do not use them to binge drink.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but now her bleeding start so I wanted to know it's a normal bleeding or anything else and how much time it will be continue to bleed because someone said that it will be continue bleeding for months.
Hello sir, I have diabetes 130/180, and my wife got pregnant ,is there any problem for baby? Please let me know.
I'm newly married and we don't want children immediately, but we did sex thrice in past three days, will that lead to pregnancy ?
Sir, my last period was on 24oct. I had unprotected sex on 2oct. After taking unwanted 72 in 64 hrs on 15th day ie. On 19oct bleeding occurred. Was it my periods or withdrawal bleeding? Now 9 days passed away from my actual period date but periods haven't came yet. I got home pregnancy test result negative on 3 days before. What should I do? Help me.
My female friend have irregular period times and she suffers from irritation at private parts time to time, where also some times a pimple occurs. And moreover she often had secretion of fluid from vagina more than usual. Due to these problems she had body ache & got tired very often and not able to do much physical activities please give suggestion to identify and cure these problems.
Sir I got pregnancy test at home.And it shows one Pink line it means negative.But I can't understand I am not pregnant but why my periods getting late?
Hello doctor I don't have periods few months. I checked up from doctor My report say dis. Left ovary shows a well defined aneclioic cystic of size 77*66mm. No e/o any septation or mural module noted. Please tell which type of cyst in ovary is it water type cyst or any other. Please suggest me some tips about it. How can I get rid of dis. Please guide me doctor. thanks.
HI, Yesterday I got to know that I am pregnant, My last period started at 4th of feb. Can you help me to find out in which week I am. Also in which week I have to see a doctor for respective test and all. Also that is it safe to continue sex or not?
I eat my husband sperm after sex. Should I get pregnant. And during sex my husband drink my vagina water flow during sex is this dangerous for him.
My wife age is 40. There is a irregular period.We have a one female child born in 05/02/2007.Her stomach is expanding.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.