Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Leena C D
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leena C DYour feedback matters!
5 years back My wife got a pregnant and within 1 month we abort a child by a pills. So is it fine to have a baby without cleaning a womb or should we go for a doctor.
Hello. I'm 20 years old. I have the problem of irregular periods. But when I get my periods, the flow used to be normal. But from last 2-3 times the flow is very less. I'm very worried of it. My tummy has become huge. I got my periods today and can you please tell me what to do for this. It looks very ugly to carry such a huge tummy. Please suggest me some food to increase the flow. Thanks.
I have a problem of polycystic ovary and my periods is very irregular. I tried many medicines but for the last 6 months periods has stopped what should I do?
Dermatology is a branch which has been prone to medical quackery (jholachap giri)ever since its inception as a branch. Every so-called doctor (jholachhap), used to do dermatological treatment, giving steroids to virtually every disease, isotretinoin in pregnant, calling them dermatologist without any degree, playing with the health of the people and causing a huge huge hazard to everyone.Now, this quackery has reached a new high what I called as 'high-level white-collar quackery' from normal dermatological practice, it has been progressed to the Aesthetic procedure, surgical intervention, lasers. I am sharing here someday to day experience we face as a dermatologist.
Scenario 1: Hair transplant now a well-known procedure, being a safer less invasive surgery itis at high tide right now. But due to its safety and non-invasive nature now this jholachhap Non-medicos are doing hair transplant routinely and boasting themselves as hair transplant surgeons. People, please understand its a surgery and it cant be done without a proper understanding of the human body and science. Some 'well-known hair transplant centres' are running their business without any doctors very smoothly, compromising sterility, risking lives. It is so easy for them to risk your life as our country never had any policy for healthcare.
Scenario 2: A well-known centre has been doing laser for 'god only know the indication' in a 1st-trimester pregnant lady. We doctors know that laser can harm developing baby in the womb. But who can stop them when they are only busy in money making without thinking twice.Many a time this centres calls a doctor after causing severe side effects like laser burn, flare of the disease due to wrong indications, but again who can stop them from playing human life.
Scenario 3: Anti-aging business is now of billions of dollars worldwide and got easier with many advancements in medical sciences like fillers, botox, machines, lasers. Easier means again more quackery but big money this time, how can they stop themselves indulging in this business again. Many so-called wellness centres doing all these procedures with any medical knowledge, without any degree, without any supervision. Result being risking our health and life.
I want to aware people that please be wise don't fall prey to any kind of advertisement, ask them there medical degree and medical licenses before going for any treatment or procedures. Its only money for them but it's your life which is at the stack. I also request our government and concerned authority who is always ready to blame doctors for all the thing, please make some strict protocols and restrict such kind of practice.
After having intercourse. If da girl bleeds without pain. And her periods is due. The other day. But she didn't had periods. The blood after having intercourse was there and in da morning she noticed dried mucus with few stains of blood. But now no possible signs of blood neither any periods. What does this mean. Should we wait for her periods or consult any doctor. Please help.
Hi, I have very bad pain in my lower abdomen in my periods time and i take 2 pain killers per day for 2 days.
My wife age is 35 and my age 24. we are love married I have doubt she pregnant or not she have this possible to get baby.
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.