Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leelavathi VYour feedback matters!
I am a patient of PCOD. Have hair growth on chin. What should I do? I have already taken medication from Gynaecologist to balance the hormones but its not working out. Also I am putting on weight which I am trying to loose through work out. Pls advice if anything else can be done. On medication Diane35.
I am second month pregnant and my last period date July 1. I am getting stomach pain in the abdominal area.In the scan report tells baby formation not yet started. Taking thyroid tab (tsh: 4.65) and folvite tablet s For stomach pain am taking carpoel tablet. Please suggest.
I am 8 months pregnant now, that is 34 weeks pregnant, I had tiffa scanning on my 31st week, and it that report they mentioned placenta is anterior grade ll, what is its meaning, what are the safety measures I have to take from now. Please let me know.
What causes a breast lumps for girls? And what way or medicine to be taken or the best treatment to be prescribed.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I had done sex for 10 times with a married women who had a child of 03 years. Whether ill suffer from any STD. Please help me with this.
I am a 61 year old male. On Sunday I had heavy discharge of blood from my penis. Referred the matter to a Urologist who recommended for urine culture and sensitivity tests as well as cytology. Cytology- negative. Urine c&S - 1-2 pus cells; growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa grown after 24hrs incubation. Does this mean infection only due to which the discharge of blood was there is it a rupture of an artery/vein in the testicles? How do we identify the later and will it require endoscopy?
Nails have always been a vital part that signifies the beauty of a woman. When it comes to beauty standards, well-kept nails are appreciated. However, besides enhancing the beauty factor of women, nail health also marks an area of attention and concern which cannot be ignored. It is also believed that nails cry out early warnings of illnesses that may take a serious turn in the near future.
Certain warning bells ringing concern:
The human body is a physical system that can give rise to ailments and health disturbances without even providing the slightest indication. However, nowadays medical experts have been able to identify certain parts of our body which can be a giveaway to certain oncoming illnesses which could hamper our well-being. Symptoms and signals, however, can never a hundred percent sure of the medical occurrences, but if not taken care at the right time, the conditions could worsen.
When it comes to nail health, often the colour of the nails dictates the happenings in the body. It could either signal vitamin deficiencies in the body or an oncoming ailment. For instance, red nails signify the occurrence of lupus, which is an autoimmune disease. Abnormally overgrown or thick nails could indicate the medical state of arthritis or psoriasis. Pink nails are universally considered as a sign of good health. But when nails tend to get discoloured, there could be a possibility of malnourishment or the occurrence of thyroid. Blue nails signify an area of concern as it suggests a lack of oxygen supply, iron supply or pancreatic problems, which could pose as a serious threat in the near future.
Who gets Nail Fungus?
The incidence of fungal infection in the nails is found mostly in people who are subjected to a chronic exposure to detergents or water, people who indulge in repeated manicuring or those who suffer from an injury in the nail margin. This condition may assume an acute or chronic nature. People generally tend to neglect it in the initial stages due to which the infection can become chronic. It may be superficial or it may penetrate into the deeper tissues. In the beginning, the condition may manifest itself only as color change but in the long run, it may exhibit itself as a distortion of the nails. Homeopathic remedies top the list for natural treatments for nail fungus.
Nailing The Homeopathic Route For Treatment:
In such nail-related medical conditions, homeopathic remedies provide positive healing results. There are certain quick solutions which could cater to the damage or ailment and cure them completely. For instance, sabadilla, caust, Mag. Pol and few more help in solving nail complaints. Antim crud takes care of brittle nails, scaly nails, and so on. Psorinum solves the problem of fungal eruptions, pustules, fetid foot sweat and other related ailments.
Homeopathic medicines are ideal for providing a complete cure for infected nails as they tackles the root cause. Being non-intrusive and non-toxic, this natural treatment delivers good results in case of nail fungal infections. Moreover homeopathic toenail fungus treatment are very safe and can be used for a long period without any side effects.
Homeopathic medicines also boost iron as well as the protein levels in the body, which strengthen the nail health and prevent the occurrence of signified ailments. Homeopathic medication provides a certain amount of protection and prevention of illnesses by treating the physical system before receiving the red signal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.