Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leelavathi VYour feedback matters!
Hello. 7 months ago I had protected anal exposure with Female. Afer 7 months I found anal sex has highest risk for getting infected. So I get tested at 7 months of my last exposure. My result was 0.231 Non reactive on 4th gen ECLIA. For cross checking I had another test from different clinic and results was Non reactive. I got two negative results after 7 months of exposure. But I'm still in fear of being infected. I'm feeling too much anxiety, Guilt and depression. My anxiety is killing me from inside. Thanks for Giving me your Valuable Moments.
My wife and self are planning for a baby. Its been 2 years now and have visited gynaecologist. Tried IUI once, which was negative and my wife was taking ATT medications for last 5 months. Due to some unavoidable reason, she had to go to Australia for a month and so could not continue with her ATT medications for the sixth consecutive month. Now, when we visited the doctor after 2 months of discontinuing the ATT, he was totally unhappy that my wife did not take the tablets for the sixth month. He further said that as a couple we would face the consequences. We totally agree that discontinuing ATT was a serious lapse from our side. But now we are worried about the future. My questions are :- (i) Will discontinuation of ATT in the sixth month would end up with side effects, if so hw severe?(ii) What is the best next step we as a couple should think of.?(iii) Any other guidelines to follow.
Im 25 years female and my problem is regarding periods ,its not happening every months and delay for 15 days or 1 month . I concerned with so many doctors but aft stopping their medicines same problem is happening , what I do ?
I am having pcod and having weight 65 kg recently I am taking medical and seoxy antioxidants recently I got heavy periods n had a severe lower back pain what you suggest.
Hello I'm asking for some help regarding cancer issues. How can we. Recognise cancer issues. My mom got breast cancer and now she getting so many problem. So how can she will be all right from breast cancer.
Hi Et was on 21st march, 15. 1st bhcg on 6th april=147 & 2nd bhcg test on 8th april=214. Is it a normal range of pregnancy?
Which fruits to be eaten during pregnancy? Please give the list of same as well as what type of foods?
My wife aged 30 years is taking Unwanted 21 contraceptive tablets regularly as per its course before having sex. So while having sex we are not using any other contraceptive methods like condoms etc.
Chlamydia is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. It is generally found in men and women under the age of 25. Researchers have found that in the United States about 2.9 million individuals develop this disease every year.
Here are things that you must know about the disease:
What is it all about?
It is caused due to bacterial infection and is transferred sexually. You can be infected with disease by having vaginal, oral or anal sex with the patient. You must be aware of the fact that you can develop chlamydia even if your partner doesn’t ejaculate inside your vaginal tract. If you had suffered from this disease in the past, you can still get it again by having unprotected sex with an infected person.
What are the symptoms of this disease?
There aren’t any obvious symptoms for this disease. Most of the patients show no sign of developing this disease. Thus, you never get to know when you were infected actually. However, some patients do reflect some symptoms after 4 to 5 days of infection. These symptoms include abnormal penis or vaginal discharge and painful, burning urination. Men can also develop a bleeding rectum.
How do you know for sure that you are infected?
Well, you can get yourself tested to confirm about the infection.
What happens if you don’t get treated?
If the patient doesn’t seek medical help, he or she is posing threat to his or her health. Women may develop pelvic inflammatory diseases, infertility or ectopic pregnancy. In men, it can cause pain and fever as the infection spreads along the tube carrying sperm.
Is there any treatment?
This disease is curable. But it is important to avoid sexual contact with anyone during the period of treatment or medication. First, you need to undertake the test to confirm the infection. You shouldn’t have sex for seven days after the treatment is over. It is advisable to get yourself tested thrice in a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 12 I don't have my periods. All of my friends doli, kusum, chesta, divya and priya got their i am not able to tell to my mom too please help me doctor. Thank you.
I'm 24 years old. After married I have no baby for two years. I have severe athletes foot infection for 8 years. Is it affect my pregnancy? And what I want to do for conceive soon?
I am 18 years old. I am getting my period every 8 months r 10 months. I took complete abdominal ultrasound. Nothing is wrong with me. What I have to do?
We always think of wearing something cosy to bed to get a good night's sleep. We even dress up kids to be comfortable and bundled up so they can get a sound sleep. Studies have shown that contrary to popular belief, sleeping nude is the best way to a sound sleep.
In addition to good sleep, there are other benefits that have been identified too, as listed below:
- Improves sleep quality: While most of us think of keeping ourselves cosy in our nightwear leads to good sleep, science believes otherwise. A reduced core body temperature is what leads to better sleep. This happens when you sleep with no extra layers of clothes to keep you warm. Research conducted showed better depth of sleep and reduced number of awakenings when there are no extra clothing layers.
- Better skin and hair health: Melatonin and growth hormone are essential for anti-aging and they are released when the body temperature is cooler, which happens when sleeping in the nude. Growth hormone is essential for bone mineralization, improved immunity, and muscle mass building. Melatonin is a good hormone regulator, and manages the functioning of other hormones essential for our body. The armpits and groin area are always covered, and sleeping without clothes can help these areas breathe and feel fresher. The chances of yeast infection are also reduced.
- Reduced stress levels: The stress hormone cortisol is also optimal, both in release and function, when the body gets a good sleep. This is essential for better immunity and cognitive function, better sugar regulation. Reduced stress leads to reduced chances of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc. Therefore, sleeping without clothes helps to better equip you with fighting stress.
- Weight loss: Our body has two types of fat, both brown and white. While fat helps to keep the body warm, sleeping without clothes burns more of this fat and thereby, increases weight loss. Another mechanism is the good sleep that you get when sleeping without clothes helps improve metabolism, reduce fat and sugar cravings, thereby further adding to weight loss.
- Improved relationships: Needless to say, getting into the habit of sleeping without clothes will help your sex life. The science behind it is the improved release of oxytocin, which is the cuddle hormone.
- Better sperm quality: The testes produce better sperm quality when body temperature is cooler, thereby improving male fertility. Warm clothes at night also has a bad effect on testosterone, which is essential for boosting libido and other male sexual features.
There you go, a lot of valid scientifically proven reasons to drop those night suits and pajamas off what is more, there is also a cost saving here!
I AM A 52 YEAR OLD FEMALE. HAVE STARTED MENOPAUSE ABOUT 2-3 YEARS AGO WITH OCCASIONAL SPOTTING. OF LATE SAY FOR THE PAST MONTH I AM EXPERIENCING SLIGHT PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN SOMETIMES IN THE RIGHT SIDE SOME TIMES IN THE LEFT. I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM LUMBAR DISC PROLAPSE AND HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN SOMETIMES. IS THE PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN DUE TO SOME PROBLEM IN MY LIVER/KIDNEY OR IS IT THE BACK PAIN THAT RADIATES TO THE FRONT. MY LFT AND KFT RESULTS ARE NORMAL THOUGH I WAS diagnosed WITH MILD FATTY LIVES ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHICH GOT CORRECTED WITH MEDICATIONS. PLEASE ADVISE.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema