Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leelavathi VYour feedback matters!
During my third trimester pregnancy, 8 month Tsh is 4.95 Will this affect my baby Doctor given dose is 25 MCG & 50 MCG alternate day Please suggest how serious is this.
I am 26 years old & married as my husband & we both have same blood group can complication will come during pregnancy or having a child please guide me.
In January .I and my fiance engaged in a sexual activity on the 20th day of my cycle. Though the ejaculation was not inside my vagina but was on my breasts. He then whipped it off with a towel. Then with the same hands he started giving oral pleasure. And fingered me. Then we took I pill within 4 hours as a precaution. Then on 30th day I got my periods for 4 days. And then in February again got periods on 30th day. My usual cycle is of 26-32 days. I have regular periods. But now I am feeling very bloated. And I have gained weight .so what does it mean. Am I pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant now. Please help me. As soon as possible. Please.
Sir, One of my friend got pregnancy actually she is hiv positive, is there any effect on kids? please tell me solution sir.
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
Hello sir/mam Meri age 21 year hai mujhe periods time se nahi ata aur kabhi kabhi 3 din mai hi ruk jata hai mera weight bhi 35 hai bus please mujhe advice dejiye.
I got last periods on November 11th Till now didn't get any periods. I had pregnancy test 2 days back. And in the HCG test I observed one Dark line (C section), one very light color line (T section-result line). Is that mean am pregnant? From yesterday am observing light brown bleeding. Am confused? What to do now? Am feeling very tired even after eating. Have some light cramps in lower abdomen. Please suggest me what to do?
Taken ipill in 72 hours on 4 the February after non penetration sex. I got light bleeding on 12th February ,I missed my periods on 16th February. I took pregnancy test on 23 February ,25 feb ,3 march, 10th March and 20 March and 25th Marchall shown negative results. Today I got my periods but it is very light bleeding on first day. Why this change in my periods?
How should I increase my breast milk production? My baby feeds on that only and does not accept formula milk.
I am suffering from PCOD .I am not getting periods since 7-8 months. And my body weight is gaining specially my upper body. I am taking medicines but my periods get regular but my weight did not reduce.
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE ON HOW TO FIND THE BEST TREATMENT RATHER THAN DOCTOR.
You are struck by this unknown throat problem, your general physician is not very helpful, he tried his level best but still no relief. The big question “who is the best doctor, who can solve my problem”. Like a child’s play the hand slides down to cellphone and you search the best throat doctor. Little did you realize that you are unscrupulously falling in the trap of finding that nonexistent “best doctor”. Finding the best doctor is akin to say “finding the best dog “or “finding the best spouse”. Not only its purely subjective proposition but often leads to disasters if you jump blindly. In fact, if you search Ent doctors on google, almost all of them will be quoted as best ent doctors. The menace is so much widespread spread to the extent doctors have posted youtube videos (unbelievable 341,000 videos ) claiming themselves to be best doctors in india. Its more of marketing gimmick and trap in which patients often fall into. Medical council of india does not award best doctors to any one and neither is there a yard stick to judge all doctors on one scale.
Coming back to the basic question, who is the best guy to treat my throat? However badly you want to know that “name”, it would be a shocker if i tell you the truth, the name doesn’t exist. While a seemingly simple voice change can be a sign of voice exertion and may need only voice rest to cure it, it can very well be a subtle sign of malignancy that can be picked by narrow band imaging available only at the finest centers. Since the variation is so huge, it is unlikely you will ever come across “know all”, “do all” and “fix all” person.
Often the only practical solution to your problem is where can i find an honest, skillful, caring and available doctor. Your personal preference may force you to think any of the four characteristic more important and you may choose to overlook some inadequacy if your big goal is satisfied. That’s why we have mixed opinions of any doctor. Even with a very reputed doctor, your choice feels like rolling a dice in snake and ladder game.
More people than ever are now searching for a physician they can call their own. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find reliable, easy-to-understand information about specific doctors or practices. It may seem like a burden or restrictive to choose a care provider.
When you are choosing a doctor, look for someone who:
a) Treats you with respect: good doctors understand that a patient is vulnerable. Being respectful goes a long way toward helping the patient explain symptoms, take responsibility for decision-making and complying with instructions.
b) listens to your opinions and concerns:
c) encourages you to ask questions
d) explains things in ways you can understand: helps you understand what the next steps will be, and what the possible outcomes and their ramifications might be.
e) takes steps to prevent illness-for example, talks to you about quitting smoking.
It’s a known fact that doctors with better communication and interpersonal skills are able to detect problems earlier, can prevent medical crises and expensive intervention, and provide better support to their patients. This may lead to higher-quality outcomes and better satisfaction, lower costs of care, greater patient understanding of health issues, and better adherence to the treatment process
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH THE RIGHT DOCTOR
Make a list of the doctors you have in mind. Surf/call to learn more about them. References are usually most helpful and try calling your friends relatives to have their opinion. The answers to the following questions may help you make the best decision. Think about your experience after the first visit. Use your first visit as a litmus test. After u have seen the Doctor. Ask yourself, Did the Doctor-
1. Give me a chance to ask questions?
2. Really listen to my questions without interrupting?
3. Answer in terms I understood?
4. Show respect for me?
5. Ask me questions?
6. Make me feel comfortable?
7. Address the health problem(s) I came with?
8. Ask me my preferences about different kinds of treatments?
9. Spend enough time with me?
10. Explain the diagnosis and treatment, and specify a date for a follow-up?
If your doctor doesn’t fit in the check list and you are frustrated. It is important you should know your rights as a patient. this includes but not limited to following. so make sure you ask everything
a) Why do I need this treatment?
b) Are there any alternatives?
c) Are there any side effects?
d) What is the test for?
e) When will I get the results?
f) Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
HOW TO MAKE MOST OF YOUR TIME WHILE TALKING TO DOCTOR?
Since time is limited and it is unfair to expect that doctor will address your every little concern. It’s important you structure your interaction with him and get most of his time.
Ask questions. If you don't, your doctor may think you understand everything that was said.
Write down your questions before your visit. List the most important ones first to make sure they get asked and answered.
You might want to bring someone along to help you ask questions. S/he can also help you understand and/or remember the answers.
Ask your doctor to draw pictures if that might help to explain something.
Let your doctor know if you need more time. If there is no time that day, perhaps you can speak to a nurse or assistant. Or, ask if you can call later to speak with someone.
Ask for written instructions.
WHAT DOCTORS EXPECT FROM PATIENTS
1. You know important things about your symptoms and your health history. Tell your doctor what you think she/he needs to know.
2. Always bring a list of medicines you are taking (include when and how often you take them). Talk about any allergies or reactions you have had to your medicines.
3. Tell your doctor about any natural or alternative medicines or treatments.
4. Bring other medical information, such as x-ray films, test results, and medical records.
WHAT DOCTORS DISCOURAGE PATIENTS FROM DOING?
a) Talk bad about previous doctors and blaming them for everything.
b) Test the knowledge of doctor rather than getting to the problem
c) Bargain and talk how other people are offering treatment much cheaper.
d) Expect 100% results for everything while patient is busy drinking, smoking and sitting like a sloth.
e) More worried about side effects of treatment than the real problem of disease in front of them.
f) Read unedited blogs and websites which do not give peer reviewed medical information and discussing unfiltered half-baked ideas.
Ultimately it boils down to some sort of amicable agreement between doctor and patient which Leeds to success of treatment. From patient’s perspective “patient really doesn’t care how much a doctor knows till he knows how much a doctor cares”. Bottom-line finding a good doctor who can deliver the best treatment is always more practical then the searching for best doctor who may not deliver the best treatment.
source : http://www.3sensesent.com