Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
What do we need to eat for getting high protein content? I am a veg guy so only prefer vegetarian food.
Hi Dr. One of my frnd share me sm issue. Of his sexual life at the time of sex my friend will discharge within few seconds with intercourse how could he remove this issue and have a great sexual life?
I am suffering from neurofibromatodis and affected area is my back portion and one or two on face. I want to know whether it can be cured or stopped further growth.
Having problems with her unconscious while having work load or if she heard death new of any person or have seen accident for that time she is facing problem with unconscious (behosh) nd both upper nd lower tooth fully stick like can't be open mouth for some tym.
I don't get sound sleep. Disturbed sleep with dreams and thought. It makes me restless n lethargic whole day. F 34.
Hi sir, My problem is when I am doing sex my penis of skin not going back and my penis red bulb is getting fire and pain tell me the conclusion please.
Hello doc, My sperm is very thin and water type and its come out in 30-50 seconds while having sex what to do get long lasting sex and fat and solid sperm? Only home remedies please no medicines. Thanks,
I had low back pain sciatica nerve compression took medicine got pain relief but my right foot and foot finger are slightly numb should I go to work or take rest ?
I have headache soo frequent, like when I go under direct sun or if am bit tensed it come so frequent am totally fade up of it.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
I hv fungi nails fr toe n more thn hlf of the nails r spoiled n now I wnt to remove it n get new nails instead please gv me any suggestion n gv me tablets r cream r ointment to replace the nails by new one please Thnku.
My wife has cough for nearly two months. In the past also Hetrazan for 21 days has worked on her . lot of antibiotics and anti allergic tablets she has taken but without any help. also hetrazan is not useful this time. plese help
Eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly may help prevent liver damage.
Treatment & prevention
1. Lose weight if overweight or obese
2. Have a high protein & low carbohydrate diet
3. Lower cholesterol and triglycerides
4. Control diabetes
5. Avoid alcohol
6. Exercise regularly & increase physical activity 30 minutes of exercise atleast five days a week is recommended