Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi V.MYour feedback matters!
I have diabetes type 1. Digonised I December 2014. I used Metformin 500 mg and sitagliptin. But itn feb 2016 my sugar level goes up ie F 230 and PP 480. Now I am taking insulin glargine 10 units. Is there any side effect of insulin?
Hi, 25age, consuming alcohol last 6 years, nowadays little avoiding the alcohol, means instead of daily I'm having 2 days in a week, problem is shivering my hands little nowadays. Please suggest I will do, really scared.
I am having stomach ache from past 2 days. And Today I got very severe pain in stomach again. So please suggest some proper treatment.
Hi I am sundeep from hyderabad I am having one issue during sex my pennies is not lasting long and I am releasing my spam in 2 to 3 min what should I do? Please help me.
What are the symptoms of dengue fever and what all are the precautions of dengue fever? please tell me.
My hands (palm) will be sweating much everyday so what wil be the reason for it & what is the treatment for it?
I got preventive health checkup and my KFT shows Calcium 8.32. Is this too low. Should I worry for that? BUN is 10.4, Creatinine .74 and Uric Acid 4.71. Is low calcium a cause of concern?
Hello sir. Since one month I have severe breathing problem I can't breath sufficiently n when I sleep in cool breeze during nights when I woke up I have severe throat pain even I can't eat properly with that pain. N its happenings daily. Will you please suggest tablets for my problem.
I am 17 years old female. I feel very tiered from last 3days. My head also pain and stomach too. I get muscle paining too. In sunshine I feel very tiered. My mouth taste changes whenever I feel tiredness. What should I do?
I have constipation since last 2 years. have tried many medicines but no one gave me proper solution. What should I do?
I am 33yr old having Uric Acid level 9 as of today. What I need to do for long term preventative approach. Please suggest. Thanks.
Few days ago My 2 years 3 month son having cough, cold, fever. After 5 to 6 days treatment, he was alright. But after 4 days last night fever come again. Today we have done lab test for typhoid, malaria, In the report there is typhoid seen. Measurement are as follows, Salmonella typhi O - 1: 160 Salmonella typhi H -- 1: 80 Dr. prescribed for injectable treatment. Is there any Oral solution? Please reply.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.