Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lavanya R AYour feedback matters!
My daughter born on 4th sept 2014 was admitted for acute dehydration when she was 4 mo. We had switched to cows milk when she was 3 mo. After hospitalisation she was on formula feed. We restarted cows milk last week, she is 6 mo now, and she started frequent motion again. Switched back to formula. Could she be lactose intolerant or are we making her switch to cows milk earlier?
Respected madam, I have a 3-year old son. The way he behaves make us feel unhappy. I tried to jot some of his activities. 1. If there is stick, he will take the stick and beat the tv, person in front of him. 2. If his mom is drying her hair, he will just pull it to the extreme extent. 3. If his mom is drying clothes, he will pull them and spread them in floor. 4. If he gets some water, he will not drink; instead he will pour it where it is necessarily unwanted. 5. All our goods are kept above 3.5 feet. He takes stool, climbs over it, and takes the things and does some nuisance. 6. If we ask him to keep the utensil in the kitchen, he will throw it in the sink. We never do such activities at home. 7. If we give him colors for painting in drawing book, he will tear the book, and then paint on his body, in wall, where it is not acceptable. 8. If we scold him, he will cry till he vomits. Every time we scold him, it ends with cleaning of vomits. 9. Whatever we say? not to do, he will? definitely do it first. 10. He never listens to us. 11. He behaves very badly. 12. He never sits at one place. 13. We started brushing his teeth after 2 years. Now he is 3 years, still he doesn? t allow us to smoothly clean his teeth, tongue and gums. 14. For every bit of work, we need to overdo to get the result. 15. He is never easy going whatever may be his mood. 16. He never allows me to go to the office. He cries till now. Other cries only for a week. 17. She becomes tired looking after him. Our life is getting spoiled. 18. He irritates a lot. He becomes happy when seeing the irritated face of other. 19. If some body cries in front of him out of pain, he never see it, and feel it. Instead he just carry on with his unfruitful work. 20. If some call comes in mobile, or we need to call somebody, he will take the phone and do some nuisance. I need your help.
I'm a new mom, my baby is of 5.5 months, his birth a. Is 3.5 kg and last month his weight is 7.5 kg, i'm Giving only breast milk till now, is it good to continue with it till complete 6 months? Please suggest and now a days he is not sleeping properly at night time wake up for every hour, some peoples are saying to give solids so that he'll sleep for long time, Please suggest I have severe hair fall from 3 months, is it common in postpartum, how I can get my hairs back.
I was suffering frm cold n cough. From last 4 days. I tried many medicines but it's was not upto the best.
My 22 month baby has been suffering from loose motion from last 3 day. I already given him o2 syrup but. Not effective so please kindly provide my some suggestion and medicine name or any gharelu upaye m waiting please suggest me.
My baby 5 years old. He is suffering from legs pain for many days. Near by Doctor suggest me for the vitamin drops. But still he has the same problem. Please suggest me what I have to do further.
Why breech baby form's and why mother's having low or adequate liquor. It causes c section, after c section can women get normal delivery? How much time gap is necessary for first and second pregnancy?
Can I give banana to my 7 month old baby. When he is suffering frm asthma. And what else can I give him to feed.in this situation. ANd what I shud not give pls help.
My daughter is 5 years old and constantly suffers from stomach pain and indigestion. We also have taken sonography report which came normal. Her immunity is also very low and falls sick very often. We are also doing homeopathy for her. Please advice.
I am having so much of angry and un control my self ,my head is heating that time, I having 2 years baby.
A. Nutrition deserves special attention during pregnancy because of increased demand and specific role of different nutrients for the baby during pregnancy.
B. A woman whose diet is adequate before pregnancy is usually able to come out with full term pregnancy
Without elaborate modifications of her diet and lifestyle. For example, in diabetes, incidence of structural defects can be reduced to nil by bringing the blood glucose level under good control couple of months before conceiving.
C. Maternal nutrition taken during pregnancy are very important in supporting breastfeeding. Breast milk is best and complete food for baby during first four months as it also provides antibodies for protection against many infections.
D. Undernourished mothers are prone to delivery before nine months.
So, take good care of your health during pregnancy.
Mere baby ke teeth aa rahe hai aur wo ab kuch bhi nahi khata. Milk bhi bahut kam peeta hai. Kya ye normal hai? Stomach bhi gadbad rehne laga hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye?please help
Hello, My son is five month old he is in his sixth month as temp is rising everyday what should I do to save him from dehydration as he is on breast feed only please help can I give him water? Or something else.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.