Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavanya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
Sir/Ma'am, I went through X-Ray of lungs last month which came back normal except cardiac size slightly enlarged Then went through Ct-scan of chest which came full normal. 1 year back I was suffering from upper respiratory tract infection where I did an x-ray which also showed cardiac size slightly enlarged after that I want through Echocardiogram 2D Doppler which report came back fully normal. I have Anxiety related problem (Health Anxiety and fear of death) from last 3 years with Back Pain and Gastro Problems and GERD. Is this cardiac SIZE SLIGHTLY enlarged normal or its due to over tension and lack of exercise? Pls help me Sir.
Hi, I M pursuing my masters.I am a drop out in 11th but have scored distinction in 10th board n 12th.But I still have that guilt n always find my family feeling ashamed of me for this.M in depression since last 7yrs,I don't speak much,always frown face,unfriendly, like to be alone n sleep a lot.I haven't concentrated on any work I have taken up since then.
Sir, I am getting too much irritation and if any body said wrong on me immediately I am getting depressed. And I am getting too much anxiety on any simple issues. While this I am suffering from leg pains also.
I am not having concentration. Over stress. Feeling uncomfortable to speak with everyone.Please do help
What are the side effect of Flunil-20 and provanol-20. When the man take it medicine continuously 2 year. My cousin take it continuously 2 year he got loss of his mind and he face forget problems very much. My cousin take it the medicine to consult the doctor for anty depression and night fall disease.
I am 20 years old. I have a lot of fear and excitement regarding any new work, situation. I have do much angry .if anyone talk badly I don't like it. Immediately I feel angry. Please suggest me for my angry, anxiety and for fear. I have to remove it in me.
My father age 75 years suffering from full body joint pain. severe pain in joints all over the body symptoms developed since last two weeks. He is psoriasis patient and taking medicines since last 10-15 years. Weight is loosing rapidly and now has only 52 kg. He was of 75 kgs before some years. He has difficulty in sitting, walking and moving. November mild ischemic brain stroke attack made me worry. I want to ask why he is suffering from body ache and why he is rapidly loosing his weight?
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.