Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lavanya KYour feedback matters!
Hi my child is 10 months old and he is not eating anything. Nor drinking milk. He is just picking up the rubbish from the ground and eating. What should I do now. Can you recommend any tonic. Should I go for it.
Dear sir my child born on 10 months before , by operation . After six months his right hand function is very slow compare to left hand. Two months he was treatment by psychotherapy, his right hand function is slowly recover, but fully not cured what treatment is required , in allopathy or homeopathy or sidda what can I do sir thanks sir.
My son age is 8 months old. He is suffering from cold and cough, but no fever he is active. I have one more doubt he is passing green colour motion. But he is active n free motion, he is no crying, but why passing green colour stool. Pls I need suggestion. And cough n cold pls prescribe any medication.
Dear Sir or mam, Mera 2 months ka baby boy hai use last ek months se loose motion ki problem hai wo motion din me 6 se 7 baar krta hai motion small quantity me krta hai uski jabse uski mummy ko last month bwaseer ki problem thi uski medicine chal rhi thi jab se he baby ko problem aa rhi hai abhi khaafi dino se uski mummy ne medicine chod rakhi hai jab bhi baby ko problem hai wo motion ek baar me nhi krta baar baar thodi thodi krta hai. Please help.
My kid is of 2 year 2 months .he is suffering from cold, running nose and fever for last two days. We are using p 125 for fever and levocet for cold. Body temperature reaches 101f sometimes. Is there any need to use antibiotic? And how many days should I wait to use antibiotic?
Hi, I am 35 years old and my baby is 4 months old. I want to. Knw is there ny other vaccination other than shown in schledue. My doc told me abt rota virus n pcv wht is this all about.
My son was born earlier before 48 days, now 5th month is going to be finished. Which food to start solids? Kindly advise. His head is not stand properly also not sit. I felt he is not take solid this time. My milk is not enough for him.
Hi Please suggest me proper diet chart for my 8 months old daughter. And how much time gap should be there between every meal.
Hi, my daughter is 4 years old, today she got blood in her urine. Last year also in october month she got blood and later identified with uti. Any help on this will be highly appreciated.
My daughter is 5 months and while I was going to clean her diaper I saw little transparent discharge so I cleaned the area is it something to be concerned about please help.
My grandson is 3 years and 9 months old. While he utters few words he is yet to speak joining words together. He hears well understands active recognises colours items and very friendly. He toe walks. His delayed speech causes concern. Neurosurgeon says he would speak but late. BERA tests and others show he is normal. We put him in play school. He enjoyed. What can we possibly do to help him? We are in Bangalore.
My 6 month old son has fever 102 f. I give him pcm syrup.is it ok to give that,what is needed to be done?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?