Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lavanya KYour feedback matters!
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.
I delivered a baby girl on 1st Dec 2016 that time only my periods came just for 5-6 days. After that till now I have not got it. And from 1-2 weeks i'm feeling drowsy and having slight stomach ache. Why so.
My son is 14 months he is affected by Ewing's sarcoma of tumour when he was at 3 months at left thigh and undergone a surgery as well as 14 cycles of chemotherapy and please suggest for further procedures.
Hi, My baby is 5 month old was having very loose potty since last 4 days. We visited doctor yesterday due to this frequency increased marginally. As per doctor nothing to worry given one syrup and one zink based supplement and advise to give ors 5 days. However today morning frequency of loose motion increases till this time 6 times that too very watery. What should I do please advise. Thanks
Can cow milk and buffalo milk is good for my 6 months kids We would like to stop formula milk and would like to start cow milk today please suggest.
Are diapers safe to use for children. If not y I have blood cholesterol. So which foods I should eat and which foods or fruits I shouldn't.
I breastfeed my son for 10 months nd milk was, very less. And now after quiting breastfeeding my breast is very small nd loose. What to do?
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
My son is getting cold and cough continuously from 6 months homeopathy medicines are given but not reduced. And their is swelling inside the throat?
My baby is 20 days old. Previously after birth Doctors advised for GB paint, a blue coloured medicine which was beneficial for emblical cord. Now a days Doctors adviced for Betadine lotion. My query is, after 20 days emblical cord of my baby has not cured with betadine lotion and pus is coming out. Please suggest me what to do?
Although the name sounds scary, this is a self-limiting problem requiring no long term medical attention. This usually appears as red blotches with a central white spot. It can occur anywhere and often involves the entire body.
The most important factor to keep in mind is the baby?s general health. If the baby has no fever, stays alert and active, responds to the mother, feeds normally, and wets and soils the nappy as usual, then there is no need to be alarmed. However, if the baby stops feeding, stops crying or looks groggy all the time, then he or she needs to be assessed by a child specialist.