Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Latha ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my wife his 40 days pregnant since yesterday while washing her uterus with water she feels some light Pain if she doesn't apply water there is no pain Also she feels some layer his there Your suggestions and advise on it please.
I am 29 years old I didn't get my Periods last month I checked by using pregnancy device it is showing positive. But I have very bad lower back Pain and stomach ache. Please tell me what is the sign.
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My wife can't get pregnant. We are trying past 3 months. My wife start period from 29 may 2016 please suggest me the duration to get pregnant faster.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
I need some information. I have connection with married women. While doing sex. I used condom in between it was cut. She don't have any medical issue. There is any problem for me, I am feeling fear. Please help me out regarding this issue.
A woman having age 62 years avoiding sex with her partner saying that it is not healthy to have sex at this age. Feels pain during intercourse. I wish to get correct advice from your end please.
Hello doctor white color fluid is discharging from my vagina and it smells very bad nd it usually happens 2 days prior every time but not my periods is over I dnt no y it is happening pls can you tell me the reason.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROWN RICE
1.Help to reduce diabetes.
2.Maintain a healthy level of cholesterol.
3.Help in the prevention of various types of cancer.
4.Rich in antidepressant properties.
5.Help to control weight.
6.Boost immune system and healthy bones.
7.Helps in smooth functioning of brain and nervous system.
Hi, I got married in September and want to plan baby till this year end. I read somewhere that if you are planning baby you should start taking folic acid before 3 months you plan baby. I want to know is that true? If yes then from last 2 months I am normally taking homeopathic tablets'FERRUM phosphoricum Can I continue taking these tablets or you want to suggest anything else? Thanx.
Cucumbers are used in most healthy salads all over the world, owing to the fact that it contains lots of water and has a cooling and refreshing effect on your system. The cucumber is a member of the plant family which also boasts of watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. And on hot summer days, cucumber salads keep you hydrated whether you consume the vegetable on its own, or drink its juice. Here we will take a look at the many other advantages of having cucumbers, which will surely inspire you to incorporate this food item in your diet on a more regular basis.
- Cucumbers contain a flavanol called fisetin. This fisetin plays a key role in protecting your brain. It increases your memory and protects your nerve cells from ageing, but it's most impressive feat is that it can protect your brain from Alzheimer's as well.
- Also, cucumbers contain polyphenols named lignans which help you to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- And since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, it goes without saying that they fight inflammation in the most impressive manner possible.
- Further, cucumbers also contain anti-oxidants. These very anti-oxidants are responsible for keeping you safe from chronic diseases.
- Cucumbers come loaded with vitamin B, which is known to fight stress and can help you to combat anxiety too.
- Cucumbers are very rich in water and fibre. Since both these entities are necessary for easy digestion of food, adding cucumbers to your daily diet can be helpful in many ways. Also, when the juice of cucumbers mixes with your saliva, it will work as a very effective combination that imparts some speed to the process of digestion.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories, which is evident by the fact that they contain about 95 percent water. And yet they fill your stomach pretty nicely. It can help you keep your weight in check.
- If you are a heart patient, you ought to have cucumbers in your diet because cucumbers contain potassium, which in turn is lowers the blood pressure in the body, thus making it much easier for you to keep a check on high BP problems.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, cucumbers taste crisp, fresh and cool. So go ahead and beat the summer heat with this extremely beneficial vegetable.
About Infertility. My wife is 34yrs. Our marriage is 10yrs old. We tried for IVF. Putting the embryo inside was unsuccessful. There was block in the tube. Is the block curable? Is there any medicines for that? Is there any other solution for infertility?
Hello doctors please let me know should I continue taking metformin (medical) after ovulation? I am having two failed cycles of clomid+injectable. This is my third cycle. I am now 6dpo. So suggest me should I take metformin or not? I have thyroid and pcos. And already I am taking folic acid, duphaston and amlong 5. Please suggest.
The pressure of blood vessels in the body is referred to as blood pressure. It is essentially the measure of the force of the blood while it travels through the vessels. Doctors measure it with a blood pressure device and a stethoscope. A reading higher than the normal reading is termed as which blood pressure.
Blood pressure during pregnancy is of 3 types:
- Chronic hypertension: This is the kind of hypertension that could be pre-existent before the pregnancy or has developed after 5th month of pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This is the type of hypertension, which stays till late pregnancy and disappears suddenly. There are no particular symptoms about it.
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH): This condition is also known as preeclampsia or toxemia. It can cause serious potential harm if medical care is not taken on time. Both the mother and the baby gets affected if not treatment is not started on time. It typically affects a woman during the 20th week of pregnancy. Some other symptoms include excess protein in the blood and the urine.
The risk of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH can have serious consequences on the baby and the mother at large. The placenta fails to carry an adequate amount of protein in urine. This can result in several complications ranging from a low body weight of the fetus to other birth related complications. Once common complications where a baby suffers is known as eclampsia. This is a condition where both the baby and the mother suffer from seizures.
Symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertension:
There are various symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertensions. Some of the visible signs of this condition are vomiting blood, faster heartbeat, acute headaches, swelling of the hands and feet, less than normal urine, nausea, persistent fever, pain in the tummy, dizziness, frequent vomiting, drowsiness and blurred vision. Other symptoms are headache, excess weight gain, edema over feet, abdominal wall and other parts of body. If a woman is facing any one or more of the above symptoms, she should make it a point to visit a doctor at the earliest.
Risk factors of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH is frequently observed in those women whose sisters or mothers have faced the same during their pregnancies. The risk factors increase in those women who are carrying more than one baby. A woman who have not attended adulthood or who are above the age of 40 also runs the risk of suffering from pregnancy induced hypertension.
Diagnosis and treatment:
There is no single test that could identify PIH. Along with the usual symptoms, a doctor looks for persistent high blood pressure for any indication. A doctor might prescribe few blood tests to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment that works for this condition is to ensure that the baby is delivered at the earliest. If it’s the condition is detected few weeks before the delivery, a doctor let the condition be as it is, if however, the condition is diagnosed several months before the pregnancy, a doctor can have the baby delivered early in order to ensure the sound health of the baby and the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.