Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Latha. JYour feedback matters!
My wife got chicken pox during 2 months of pregnancy what precautions do we follow please suggest shall we proceed forward or not.
Age 38 years female, trying to conceive for last six months but unsuccessful. My gynaecologist gave me clofert and anosam tablets to eat after 5 days of periods. I did it bt still could not conceive. Prolactin is 27.8 and AMH is 6.89, thyroid normal.
I have a problem if white discharge n I feel wet while sitting on table at ma school time what can I do to get rid from this thing.
Hi sir I am 36 year old and I have a girlfriend she is 18 we both love each other and we are going to get married so I just wanted to no that is there somthing that will harm our married life, like having a age different and like child problem. To be very frank with you I really dont believe in all that because there are people at the age of 50 to 60 having a child. But then also I want to no that. It can really help me a lot. Thank you sir.
I am not pregnant till now, I got married three months before, I am eating jaggery with milk everyday, can I get pregnant fast, eating jaggery before pregnant is good or bad, on the second month I have a missed periods for 5 days and 6th day I have a period and then third month I have a period on the correct date.
Hey doctor Greetings of the day! Doctor I gave birth to daughter on 27th Jan 2016 and after that till yet I did not got periods. I consulted doctor bt she said it happens wait for 2 months but its still the same. Pls suggest.
I am not getting pregnent and we consult a gynacologist and she advised me to take fertisure f for 1 month from my second day of my periods and susten 100 tablet from 17 th day after my period date. By this there is any chance of becoming pregnant next month. Waiting for your needfull reply.
I am experiencing dark brown bleeding the day my period was supposed to start, am I pregnant? I got my period while still taking my active pills, do I still take the place when It comes time?
General Precautions in Swine Flu during Pregnancy
Frequent handwashing is the single most important safety precaution that is suggested.
Flu spreads when virus from an infected person's secretions like sneezing etc spreads in the environment.Occassionaly touching an infected area and then touching your nose/ eyes or mouth may allow the live virus to enter your system. Most of the time this virus gets killed by our body's defences but at times it may survive and cause flu.
Catch it, Bin it and kill it is the magic mantra:
Catch your infected secretions in a tissue/ handkerchief and promptly kill it by putting it in the dustbin and washing your hands with soap.
Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content are supposed to kill the virus in 60 seconds.
Keep the hard surfaces/infants toys; clean. Household cleansers should be used liberally as they can reduce the transmission rate.
Finally it is advised that in pregnancy one should avoid contact with sick people.
Use of vaccines
Till date two types of vaccines against swine flu are available.
1) Nasal spray vaccine: This cannot be taken in pregnancy.
2) Injectable vaccine: This is safe in pregnancy and it is strongly recommended that if seasonal swine flu is present then all pregnant women should take the vaccine. Please ask your doctor for more details.
WHO recommends that all pregnant women should be offered the vaccine. This will decrease their chances of contracting the disease and also protect their newborn from swine flu in the neonatal period
This vaccine does not have any serious side effects but may cause mild flu like symptoms upto 48hrs in some people but this is not flu as the vaccine does not have live virus. There may be some redness, soreness,or swelling at the injection site which disappears on its own.
Use of Drugs:
These are used only for close contacts of confirmed positive cases, like people living in the same house as the patient.
The drug (Tamiflu) is safe in pregnancy. Ask your doctor whether you should be taking it in case you are pregnant and any of your family members have been diagnosed with swine flu.
What should I do if I think I have swine flu and I'm pregnant?
You must go to your doctor immediately ;who would check you up and may want to take throat/ nose swabs for confirmation of swine flu. If she thinks you indeed have swine flu, she may start the medicines without waiting for the lab confirmation.
If swine flu is confirmed then you have to take further treatement from dedicated swine flu centers in your area.
In the mean time, stop going to your workplace and avoid unneccesary exposure to people to contain the spread of flu.
If you have a mild disease then you need to take treatment from home. You must avoid exertion and take plenty of fluids by mouth during this time.
If your symptoms are severe then you may require hospital admission to monitor you and your baby.
Can I breastfeed my baby if I have swine flu?
Yes. In fact it has been found that breastfed babies have a stronger immunity against swine flu.
If you have an active flu or you are very sick, you may express breast milk in a bottle and a healthy person can feed the baby.
You need not stop breastfeeding your baby even if you are on treatment for swine flu.
Masturbation is considered as a good way of pleasuring oneself and leading to a more qualitative sex life. Masturbation is a sexual activity that is at par with sexual intercourse that will create a basis for an improved sex life. This will ensure that the need for sex is one that is based on respect and love, rather than a mere bodily function.
Let us find out how it helps in having a better sex life:
- Awareness: Masturbating is also a great way to know more about your own sexual preferences and what you like in terms of sexual activities. This awareness helps in better understanding and channelling ones sexual appetite for even better gratification during intercourse.
- Staying healthy: Masturbating can help in releasing even more dopamine and oxytoxin, both of which have a favourable effect on your brain and mood. These hormones can also help in improving your immune system in the long run.
- Knowing your partner: Masturbating alone and with your partner can help in knowing your partner and his or her sexual preferences. This can help in pleasuring your partner in a better way which will further fortify the relationship.
For An Even Better Experience:
- The use of sex toys and other accessories can further help in satisfaction. For instance, realistic vaginas can prove to be pretty handy in maximizing your sexual potency. Other credible sex toys are also available which are as helpful. Another effective technique of masturbating better is via porn or R-rated movies. By simultaneously watching movies while masturbating, your imagination gets fueled up with all kinds of sexual fantasies, providing you with more immediate satisfaction than usual.
- A change in position is also pretty effective in heightening your senses and providing a better feel whilst masturbating. Keeping your hand still and only moving your body is such a way. While doing this, you can masturbate while kneeling or standing or sitting or even swapping hands. The more the variety, the better. Moreover, interchanging positions in between has also been proved to be very effective.
Is anal sex safe for both the partners? Even if we do not use condoms. Doing it on regular basis is ok or it has some side effects for the female?
My friend has pcod. She had sex almost 1.5 months ago. and she used protection. When she did not get her period she took a test. But it ws negative .den she took tab regulate to bring periods. But she is anemic also. So there was a period only for 1 day. Usme bhi blood bht kam aaya. Is there any chances of pregnancy now?
I am having vomiting sensation since yesterday. I had sex with my partner on may 1 till yesterday. My last period was 22 april is there any chance of me getting pregnant.
I am 24 years old female I was suffering PCOD for last 2 years but last month I consulted my gynaecologist she scan and said I have still some cysts in my left ovaries, she suggested me contraceptive pill for 2 two months to regularise my periods. So, if I stop taking pill are there any chances to get pregnant?
Avoid Tobacco,this will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.