Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LathaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on last month 27. Till now she did not have her periods (mensuration) came. After sex she took an I pill tab. And mostly on every month her mensuration date on last of every month. Are we in safe zone doctor? Is there any need of pregnancy check up required?
From birth itself she was fat, but it was a healthy body. From past 4-5 months her body is very week. She is working out for reduce weight. She walks 3-4 kms daily. She is on diet, eating food twice a day only. She is doing 12 hours shift at office for last few months. Is it because of that her weight is not loosing?
There is a rubbing of penis on vagina but not sex. After that I had my period with some delay n I checked pregnancy test and it was negative. Now in second month I missed my period. My period date is 6 january and till now I don't have them. Is there any thing wrong?
My wife had stopped feeding to my child before 3 months. But still sometime few drops of milk come. How to stop this. Is there any problem ?
Hello doctor. I took hcg urine test and the result was negative. But I am confused why my periods are late. The dates of my previous cycles are Oct 18 (high bleeding) Nov 11 (only light bleeding for 1 hour) Now its 21 dec but It is not started yet. Kindly tell me. What is the matter going on? Is it normal? What type of diet should I take to induce periods.
Walking during pregnancy is the best cardiovascular exercise. A pregnant women can do it at home or anywhere else. Walking is a great, safe exercise for pregnant women. It’s an ideal way to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need in pregnancy. Brisk walking works your heart and lungs.
Start with a short, comfortable stroll and gradually increase the duration of the walk.
Once you’ve got into the habit of walking regularly, you can build up to faster, 30-minute walking sessions, four or more times a week.
You can walk for longer than that. Slow down or stop if you feel tired or feel any pain.
Swimming is safe in pregnancy.
Swimming helps to keep you fit, which will make it easier to adapt to pregnancy.
Swimming is a particularly good exercise in pregnancy, as the water helps to support your extra weight.
It’s usually safe for you to swim throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of swimming:
• improve circulation
• boost heart and lung function
• increase muscle tone and strength
• build endurance
• reduce swelling and fluid retention
• burn calories, which helps to manage weight gain
• promote good sleep.
Yoga in pregnancy
Yoga is a way of life, opt for a beginner’s yoga class that uses a gentle form of yoga.
Wear loose, comfortable, light clothing. Yoga is easier to do if you’re barefoot, so you don’t need any special footwear.
Yoga should be practiced daily. Join regular aerobic exercise too, such as brisk walking or swimming. This will complement your yoga practice and help to develop muscle tone, strength and stamina.
What is pilates?
Pilates makes your body strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength. The movements focus on your tummy, pelvic floor muscles and back muscles, which are all key to good posture, balance and strength. They also help your back and pelvis.
How can pilates help me in pregnancy?
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back and pelvic floor muscles without straining other joints, so it’s a great exercise to do when you’re pregnant. Some research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
The main benefit of pilates is that it targets the exact muscles and functions that can be a problem during pregnancy and after birth, in a safe way.
Benefits of pilates:
• strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby.
• reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
• strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
• pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
• takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy.
Aerobic exercise gets your heart beating a little faster, and makes you slightly out of breath.
Doing regular, low-impact aerobic exercise in pregnancy will help you to:
• strengthen your heart and lungs tone your muscles ease pregnancy aches and pains get a better night’s sleep.
• all of this will help you to stay positive and make you better equipped to cope with the demands of pregnancy and birth.
My mother has a shop and she has to stand whole day with out any rest. She does not sit even for a second. Plzz give me some suggestions about the intake of food which gives strength to her.
I'm a girl and my weight is approximately 41kg and my height is 4'9" is it perfect or not? if it is not than what should be my weight according to my height?
We had intercourse on 31 december evening and during that physical barrier gets brushed. She took unwanted 72 on 1 of january morning, she wait for 24 hours for withdrawal bleeding but nothing happens, as it was directed on internet, she again took 2 more Unwanted 72 pills, now a week gone today is 7 of january nothing happens. Her regular periods comes on 13 of every month. We are too much worried. Please have a look on our problem. Please tell is it normal and if it is then when will she gets her next periods. Please response quickly.
Sperm reaches girls vagina, but not entered in vagina, does she get pregnant? she miss her periods date today, now what she has to take medicines?
Infertility in a woman refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. Cases of unexplained infertility have been on the rise recently. Though obstructed fallopian tubes and ovulation disorders are some of the common causes of infertility, reasons pertaining to dietary changes can also be responsible. Food allergies and dietary changes affect infertility to a great extent; and if you're struggling with conception or infertility, heeding to your diet can help.
Below is a list of diet constituents that are likely to cause infertility.
1. Gluten - Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Among the general population, women suffering from unexplained infertility have a higher incidence of gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance is also related to miscarriages, and if left undiagnosed can lead to malabsorption of micronutrients like iron and zinc. Following and maintaining a gluten-free diet may relieve a sufferer from the symptoms. Try and include gluten free cereals like rice, corn and gluten free oats to manage the situation.
2. Inflammation - Another connection of food allergies and infertility would be inflammation. Inflammation occurs when the food allergens reach the stomach. This inflammation, if heightened, can cause damage to the fallopian tubes and the ovary. The body responds to the food allergens by treating it like a foreign substance that needs to be eradicated, and when your immune system is subjected to chronic inflammation, it can lead to infertility.
Additionally, apart from food allergies, even the consumption of certain foods and beverages can be a reason behind infertility, with those being rich in caffeine being a major cause. Increased consumption of caffeine can augment the risk of infertility and delayed conception. However, avoiding caffeine and eliminating problematic foods along with a careful scrutiny of your diet can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.