Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LathaYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I have to urgently go for a travel of 5 hours by car and then come back on same day. My gyne gave me two hcg injection regarding this. But I am still concerned. whether it is safe to travel or not. please give me your advice. Thanks.
I got my ultra sound report. Impressing on PCOD with thik pelvic organs. Please .give me the detail of these causes.
hello am 24 years old. I have lakorea problem from a long time. My periods cycle is always late. My mensuration period time is 30-40 days.
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.
My wife is pregnant 12 week Normally 4th to 6 the month are safe for sex So I want to know, in this sex moment sperm going in her vagina is better or not for normal delivery? Or there is any problems with sperm and womb connection? Or using condom better for normal delivery? (Before 5 month we lost our 6 week baby due to normal reason)
My vagina has swollen and its paining .there is also a lot itching with discharge of liquid. What should I do?
I am 42 married and want to get pregnant bg iui, i suffer from vaginumus.Please advise is it possible and the charges
I am 29 years old, 59 kgs, 10 weeks pregnant. What should be my food habits and what type of raw or dry fruits should I take? Is it good to take honey during pregnancy? please sir/ mam, suggest ne.
I am 29 years old married. We have 2 sons, 3 months before done copper. Last few weeks we did sexual intercourse most Of days in a week. My husband age 45. Some days his stamina out of control, he take some medicine, so is any kind of medicine for female also have? Is good for health? Please suggest.
Hello sir, I am asking about my wife, she is suffering by uncontrolled periods, uncontrolled flow of blood regularly for 7to 8 days. Coz of it she gonna bodyweakness, feels body fully broken, how can solve this long time irregular periods problem.
I am suffering from Hypothyroid and pcod. My period are very scanty. My doctor advice me to take Argipreg, sandocal and evion 200. Is it safe to me .or any side effect possible?
2. Sandalwood or chandan powder can also be used with lemon juice and curds as a tan remover.
3. Malai mixed with besan and lemon juice can also be used for removal of tanning especially on face and neck. Apply it as a mask for 20-30 mins and wash with luke warm water. Will help in tan removal.