Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latha G Nelivigi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Latha G NelivigiYour feedback matters!
She had physical relation on 3rd day after her periods over and on monthly cycle it's 8 th day. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. What are the symptoms of pregnancy?
I had sex just before my ovulation, and expected periods came 1 month late. These periods have started since 1 month and not stopping, having started heavy bleeding now. I have very irregular periods and PCOS from 4-6 years. I had ultrasound 10 days before which showed everything normal with endometrial thickness 5mm and polycystic ovaries. Am I pregnant? Or is it hormonal imbalance? I am 22 years old n weight 33 kgs. I had pause mf for 8 days 16 tablets but no effect. What are the chances of pregnancy?
The perineum is the area between the vagina and the anus. This fragile area plays a significant role in the female reproductive system. This is often intentionally or accidentally torn open to allow for the normal delivery of the baby. This needs to be repaired meticulously to ensure that the pelvic floor is safeguarded from further damage.
The pelvic floor contains multiple muscles and supporting tissues which help in keeping the vagina, rectum, uterus and supporting structures in their places. When these muscles become weak due to childbirth, ageing, perineal injury etc, the uterus, bladder and rectum loosen up and prolapse down.The most common problem that is encountered is urine and fecal incontinence, where the woman has difficulty holding urine and feces. Though not often discussed openly given the private nature of the topic, many women suffer from a weak pelvic floor. Read on to know some of the common causes, symptoms, and management measures.
- Chronic cough: The next time you cough for prolonged periods, notice how much pressure it puts on the pelvic area. This goes unnoticed, but chronic cough can weaken the pelvic floor muscles. It is not common for women to lose some urine during these long-drawn coughing spells.
- Chronic constipation: The pressure exerted during constipation weakens the pelvic floor, often leading to incontinence.
- Pregnancy and delivery: Most common cause of perineal injury, where the perineum is torn (accidentally or intentionally) to allow for easy passage of the baby. If it is not repaired meticulously, the pelvic floor is weakened.
Urinary incontinence is the most common symptom that women present to doctors with. However, there are minor symptoms which a woman would experience prior to reaching this stage. Most often, these are ignored, and only brought to doctor’s notice when symptoms become quite severe. If left unattended, there could be more severe repercussions too.
- A heavy feeling in the pelvic area, commonly referring to as a bearing down sensation, a feeling that the internal organs are going to pop out through the vagina
- A small lump that can be felt and/or seen at the vaginal opening
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder and/or bowel
- Pain or bleeding from the vagina or the rectum
- Recurrent pelvic and/or urinary tract infections
- Kegel exercises are often used to strengthen the pelvic floor. This is very effective if the problem is identified quite early.
- In more progressive cases, surgical repair is the most effective option. This not only corrects the prolapses but also helps boost confidence of the person, by correcting the incontinence problems and improving sexual experiences.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but now her bleeding start so I wanted to know it's a normal bleeding or anything else and how much time it will be continue to bleed because someone said that it will be continue bleeding for months.
I am of age 25. I feel pain in my lower abdomen in 2 to 3 months of interval. The pain last only for a day. Me and hubby planed a baby in near future. Will it be a serious issue or a normal pain?
I am two months pregnant. I was given sodium chloride iv 0.9 injection for I have been experiencing severe vomiting for the past 3 days. Will it affect my growing fetus.
I have a missed period about five weeks. My last menses was on 22october. I have irregular periods .BT before five months it became regular. .my baby is now 1 year and two months old. I conducted pregnancy test twice. BT its negative. Am getting pregnant? Or we're is my period? Is feeding influence it? Then how many months I wait for this?
I was in a relationship with my boyfriend present time due to more sex my breast became too loose what I have to do to get firm breast.
On the occasion of world sexual health day.
This day is being celebrated every year since 2010 by world association for sexual health.
This year the theme is sexual health: eilminate the myths.
As talking about sex life is considered a taboo, a lot of myths and misconceptions related to sexuality are rampant in all age groups and all the populations, rich or poor, educated or uneducated. Most of the them are wrong beliefs and are potenetially harmful to one's sexual and marital health.
Also, many industries are making huge amounts of money by feeding in such wrong beliefs to the society, such as spurious medicines, oils, illegal drugs, and such related services who offer miracle cures and charge huge amounts of money for conditions which are not even a disease. E. G dhat syndrome. They are doing so by instilling fear and ill-based beleifs in people's mind.
For those who are interested in educating themselves and live a better healthy life, here are some discussions
Some common myths dispelled
1. Menstrual blood is impure and women become impure during menstruation.
Correction: menstruation is normal physiological process in the womans body, there is nothing abnormal or sinister about it.
2. If a couple is not able to have a baby, it is the woman who is" baanz" and responsible for not getting pregnant.
Correction: in case of infertile couple the infertility factor may be due to either the male or the female or somtimes with both the partners.
3: some women are unable to bear a male child! sometimes such woman is abandoned or divoreced.
Correction: according to todays knowledge, the sex/gender of the unborn child depends entirely on the male sperm which has fertilised the ovum. If sperm carried the female chromosome the child will be a female and vice versa. So a woman has little of no role in determining the sex of the unborn child.
4. Sex is only for procreation (for having babies) and not for recreation (for mutual enjoyement).
Correction: in case of human being unlike animals, sex is basically meant for mutual pleasure and not just for having babies. Or else human beings will have to give birth to millions and trilions of babies every time they had sex, cause the semen contains millions of live sperms.
5. Sex and sexual pleasure is the forte of the men and women are only supposed to comply to men's wishes.
Correction: in human beings, both men and women are endowed with enough intelligence as well as body capacities. A women also has the capacity of wanting, and enjoying sex just as her male partner and for a happy couple life, both partners should make each other happy in bed too.
6. The sex life ends with women's menopause and the men crossing 40 to 50 years of age.
Correction: most men if are in good health after 40s, are able to remain sexually active well in their 70s or even 90s. Most women after late 30s or after menopause, in fact feel more interested in sex because they no longer fear getting pregnant.
7. A man can get erection whenever he wants.
Correction: just as a woman may have ups and downs of sexual desire, similarly men also go variation in their libido or erection depending upon physical condition, stress etc.
8. Masturbation and night fall leads to sexual dysfunction and loss of sexual power.
Correction: mastrubation and night fall are normal physiological processes of the body. They are as natural as feeling hungry and passing stools every day. They do not cause any loss of sexual power unless they have formed addictions.
9. To satisfy women men should have long and thick penis.
Correction: satisfaction depends upon the intimacy and communication between two partners and the mutual ability to pleasuer each other. It is the not the cup that matters, it is the coffee inside the cup which is important.
10. A woman is virgin only if her hymen is not broken or only if she bleeds during first coitus.
Correction: there are no sureshot methods to gauge the intactness of virginity in males as well as in females. In a woman, the hymen may be absent altogether or may have broken duing running or cycling etc.
11. Sex and talking about sexual health is obscene and absurd.
Correction: making it a taboo will in fact spread lot of false information. If treated in a scientific way, talking about sex can be as normal as talking about normal life events.
12. Homosexuality is choice / homosexuality is a disease
Correction: people do not choose to be homosexuals, they usually exhibit or express what they are really born with! one does need to rememebr there can be compelling factors such as blackmail, emotional/physical, or lack of availability of opposite sex partner.
13: sex education spoils the youth and encourages them to experiemnt.
Correction: any education imparts knowledge and helps you to make informed decisions, so is true with sex education. It makes one a responsible human being.
Sexual health is the right of every person.